NAME: MICHAEL MANJEWA
BIRTH: 1STDECEMBER 1975
To implement policies, efficient and effective management resources, meet the set target and initiating delicate decisions that would increase productivity and success in the organization.
EAST AFRICAN ALL- SUITE HOTEL & CONFERENCE CENTRE IN TANZANIA
POSITION: Cost and Revenue controller; From May 2012 to date
• Ensure that F&B purchases procedures are being followed and to ensure the presence of a senior staff from kitchen at the time of receiving the food products and report deviation to management.
• Verify and ensure that standard purchase specifications are followed.
• Verify the accuracy of entries of the daily receiving and that all items received have been properly invoiced as compare to our L.P.O any errors and corrections are properly checked and corrected at the receiving point.
• Verify all Food & Beverage invoices with regard to prices and rates charged. Conduct a regular market survey (minimum once a month) to ascertain the trend of prices in the market.
• Review the daily market list from time to time by scrutinizing the quantity ordered are in line with the business trend in the hotel and seek justification from the Chef for any item requested which is not in line with the business trend.
• Ensure that all F&B purchases of each month are reconciled with the Accounting General Ledger.
• Have a regular and spot check of storage practices as to expiry date and rotation of items and to monitor movement of slow and fast moving items.
• Ensure procedures for issuing items from stores are being followed and that items issued only on written requisition signed by authorized persons.
• Prepare and circulate Daily Flash Food Cost Report, Beverage Cost Report and to establish the F&B cost for each outlet/restaurant.
• Prepare monthly analysis of Food & Beverage costs and statistics as required by the Director of Finance or advised by the Director of Food & Beverage or Executive Chef.
• Prepare the daily Management and staff duty meal report and entertainment report.
• develop the control procedure for banquet functions and special events and to ensure the proper costing to the offered menu is being done prior to the function or event, also ensure that opening and closing inventory is taken for every function or special event held in or outside the hotel.
• Conduct a regular inventory, spot check to all F&B Outlets and take the monthly inventories of Food & Beverage with the presence of the storekeeper and his immediate supervisor, any shortage or excess should be reported to Director of Finance and notify the Executive Chef accordingly.
• Monitor the purchase of beverages to ensure the stock on hand ordered by F&B Outlets is in line with the upcoming business level.
• Prepare outlet wise menu costing to be reviewed from time to time, analysis and advice management on menu costing.
WELLWORTH GROUP OF HOTELS & LODGES LTD IN TANZANIA
Unit: Kunduchi beach hotel &spa
POSITION: Food and Beverage cost controller/Revenue auditor; From December, 2010 to April, 2012.
• To liaison with purchaser in order to obtain best quality and prices.
• Ensure and audit from time to time that official orders have been issued for all goods brought into the hotel.
• Ensure that food and beverage stocks are carried out on time and accurately.
• Ensure that menus are costed at regular intervals.
• Agree with Chef the correct portion control in food.
• Ensure that all beverage items required are available.
• Ensure that the system of issues to bars and kitchen is carried out correctly.
• To check micros computer input system is carried out daily
• T o audit micros cash and adjustments.
• Ensure that food and beverage stock are held within the company objective.
• Provide sales analysis of items by restaurants on a monthly basis.
• Ensure that the goods receiving bay operate efficiently.
• Ensure that requisition and systems regarding operating equipment are carried out.
• Establish issues times for all stores.
• Produce a monthly food and beverage control report.
• Updating prices of items when necessary.
SAROVA HOTELS LTD
UNIT: Sarova whitesands Beach Hotel and SPA
POSITION: Revenue controller /income auditor from (17th Dec 2008 to Jan 2010)
• Daily revenue journal transfers and daily revenue report.
• City ledger transfer and allocation
• No shows / cancellation report.
• Arrivals rates audit and departures, zero rate rooms’ status.
• To verify night audit report and night audit pending issues
• To confirm all complimentary are authorized
• Checking rebates front /office adjustment
• Check micros posting from revenue centre
• Verify banquet equipment equipment hire posting
• Check rate change report
• Spot check the entire revenue centre and detecting fraudings
• Fidelio system Opera, sun system, Net vupoint system, micros, ms office packages and CLS are my daily working tools.
• Compiling of working file schedules for VAT, catering levy, service charge, paid outs, refunds, city ledger and guest ledger.
• General cashiering.
BLOCK HOTELS LTD
UNIT: Nyali beach hotel from (January 2007 to 15th Dec 2008)
NIGHT AUDITOR (FROM JANUARY 2007 TO 15 DECEMBER 2008)
• Collect food and beverage summaries, house keeper report and guest ledger for balancing and reconciliation before running end of day change over.
• Check folio rates
• Check outs and print check outs invoices.
• Check meal allowances.
• Verify cash from outlets
• Balance departmental sales.
• Print credit cards summery report and distribute.
• Ensure house accounts, are always zero balance.
• Ensure all front office receipts are cashed in the CLS computer system.
• Do back ups and after “one button sequence”.
• Run the system to print the night audit report.
• Prepare revenue book, daily sales and covers report and hand cover reports to the Accountant.
RESTURANT AUDITOR (FROM JUNE 2006 TO DEC 2006)
• Following the set procedures in controlling of check issued restaurant and bar and audit all outlets.
• To ensure all revenues are accounted and charged accordingly.
• Requisition of all restaurant and bar stationary from stores
• Issuing stationary o cashiers, bar men and waiters.
• Ensure used stationeries are returned and kept for future references and for auditing.
• Collection of documents used in the previous day like; guest checks, transfers and kitchen orders.
• Ensure items on order are billed
• Confirm prices used to detect overcharges and undercharges.
• Recording of pending bills and follow up on daily basis and recovery of undercharges.
• Stock taking in stores, bars and chef ladder.
• Carry cash counts and spot check in the outlets
• Ensure updates auditing to avoid detecting undercharges and overcharges when the guests have already checked out and your presence to be felt in the outlets by regular spot check.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE CONTROLS CLERK (FROM JAN 2006 TO MAY 2006)
• To prepare accurate food cost and beverage reports and distribute reports daily
• Costing of recipes
• Ensure interbar, restaurant and kitchen transfers are properly authorized
• Ensure bar stocks are properly taken on a daily and bar men and controllers shall sign on stock sheets verified
• Ensure controls of staff meals and drinks
• Ensure accountable documents are properly controlled
• Ensure cashiers summaries balance with computer generated charge summaries
• Do surprise cash counts on revenue collected by the restaurant cashers, spot check on chef ladder and restaurant.
• Functions are properly covered and do any duties assigned by accountant
KITCHEN CLERK (FROM MAY 2005 TO DEC 2005)
• To assign executive to control food cost by doing pre daily food cost
• Costing requisition before issued from stores
• Controls chefs ladder
• Ensure all materials / items ordered from store are properly issued
STORE KEEPER (FROM MARCH 2003 TO APRIL 2005)
• Receiving items and materials, including the inspection of them
• Ensuring the safety of all items and materials in the stores
• Storing the various commodities in the most appropriate best method
• Ensuring right types and qualities of items needed are available
• Ensuring that stock is issued in the correct sequence, that is ; “fast in – fast out”
• Maintaining records showing the movement of items into and out of stores, controlling and monitoring those movements
• Maintaining records of the items in the stores
• Ensuring that right stock level of the various items is set and maintained
• Checking, counting or otherwise measuring stock to ensure that records are accurate
• Pricing and valuing items in the stores
PURCHACING CLERK (FROM AUG 2001 TO FEB)
• Sourcing of suppliers
• Making price quotations
• Writing local purchase orders
UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI (FROM JUNE 2004 TO AUGUST 2004)
STUDIES: PURCHASING AND SUPPLIES MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATE
• Purchasing department
• Procurement functions
• Stock and stock control
• Pricing and the right time to buy
• Payment procedures
• Ethics in purchasing
• Stores lay out
• Issuing and dispatching of stock
NYALI BEACH HOTEL IN 2006
• Night audit program me and procedures
• Front office cashiering
• Food and beverage controls
• Purchasing procedures
• Stores and receiving procedures
MWAMBITI SECONDARY SCHOOL: Kenya certificate of secondary education
From 1993 TO 1996(C minus)
MARUNGU PRIMARY SCHOOL: Kenya certificate of primary education
From 1983 TO 1992
NYALI BEACH HOTEL
Mobile no- 072*-***-***
MOMBASA CONTINENTAL RESORT
Mobile no – 072*-***-***
Mobile no – 072*-***-***