CONTACT No.: +91-844******* Email: email@example.com
To excel the software/hardware professional and hold up a challenging position in corporate world through diligence and dedication and to ensure my highest contribution towards the organization I work with.
Previous Projects Description
1. Individual Application Services (IAS)
Business Partner Name: Sunlife Financial Inc.
Project Description: Individual Development – LF (Traditional Life Insurance)
Individual Application Services that uses PLI, IMS, DB2, SAS as the major technologies. It has a number of systems and subsystems each functions & thus handled in its own way and depends on the input / output for other system / subsystem.
I have worked in this team as a Developer & Designer for many projects as well as chunks of projects. Got the opportunity to work on many tools (Online, Batch XPEDITOR, FWB, INSYNC in majority, designed many system overview documentation and guideline documentations.
Used FWB, Expeditor, FileAid, Search Facility (5.11), CS.NT, BTS, ZEKE etc. for many small & long term projects.
Involved in other activities like report creation, MOM creation, and also for the creative activities for all the functions being a part of this team and for Organisation as a whole.
3. AOS Operations
A. Project: SAS Upgrade
Project Description: SAS version upgradation in Production environment required changes in all existing SAS dependent JCLs.
To provide the initial analysis & estimation of JCLs getting impacted
To make code changes in identified JCLs
To test the changes in the components
To produce unit test plans and test results
To co-ordinate the System owners post-implementation
To report the progress and issues to the Onsite Co-ordinator in a timely manner.
JCL, SAS, DB2
FWB, PPF, PWTR, ZEKE
B. Project: Ingenium
Used shared mainframes, Oncall Support for Production Batch Abend resolution was my main role in this team. Used various different tools and have developed various documents being a part of this team (as an initiative for developing this team)
3. MainFrames Testing Services Provider (MFTS)
Customer name: Charles Schwab Co & Inc, USA
Project Description: The Charles Schwab Corporation is a leading provider of financial services, with more than 300 offices and 7.0 million client brokerage accounts, 1.2 million corporate retirement plan participants, 229,000 banking accounts, and $1.5 trillion in client assets. Through its operating subsidiaries, the company provides a full range of securities brokerage, banking, money management and financial advisory services to individual investors and independent investment advisors.
The scope of project: Mainframe Application Services provides testing services that support application developers and QA testers in the mainframe environment. The team consists of three sub-teams.
COBOL, JCL, DB2 and CICS
MFTS provides first level support and test environment management for developers and QA staff working in 18+ shared mainframe test regions. MFTS Day-to-day activities are to resolve issues reported by clients, through trouble-shooting, investigation and working with partner groups (CICS, MQ, DB2, Sentry, etc.) and Development Organizations.
Creating Transactions entries
Checking the table entries for transactions
Trouble-shooting any issue reported by the client.
MQ Administration Activities.
DB2 Administration Activities
CICS Administration activities
Environment issues during the offshore hours.
Detecting errors in transactions
As a Test Environment Manager My responsibilities include:
• Communicator of information to environment users, providing test environment consultation.
• Coordination of environment resources.
• Bind problems and Issues experienced while running Jobs.
• System Date settings.
• ECI server timeout issues.
• Point of contact for environment issues, tracking activities and issues regarding transactions.
• MQ Administration
• DB2 Administration
• CICS Administration
Tools used in both the above projects - EXPEDITOR for (Batch & Online Programs), CHANGE-MAN, ENDEVOR, BMS, SDF2, CHAPMAN, FILEAID, DEBUG Tool, BMC, OMEGAMON, OMEGAVIEW, SAR, TMON.
4. Small Enhancement and Maintenance Team
Project: Product Development on Polisy
Application – Small Enhancement & Polisy DD rerate project
Customer name: Norwich Union
Project Description: Polisy is a Package supplied Australian Company, PAXUS, using a Supra Database for immediate update. The whole package includes Accounts, Ledger, Agency, Direct Debit, Debtors and Cash Receipts. The core Polisy is primarily a underwriting and Claims system. With the changing Scenario in the Insurance market, new products were launched in the market . The above mentioned projects involved creating new products on the polisy legacy application.
Role Description: Software Developer / Analyst
To deliver work to agreed estimates and timescales
To produce software component designs and specifications
To produce software components and test the components
To produce unit and link test plans and test results
To produce estimates for own work and to ensure estimates for the creation and
development of IT solutions are achievable
To maintain and develop knowledge skill and competencies in software
To report progress and issues to the Onsite Co-ordinator in a timely manner. In
particular, to relay issues that might impact on quality or the ability to deliver to
timescales or estimates.
To carry out audits and participate in technical walkthroughs of other team
members’ components, test plans and results.
To support a body of knowledge in the application of technology to addressing
COBOL, JCL, CICS, SUPRA, VSAM.
Phases - High Level Estimation, BRD, Low Level Designing Documentation, Program Coding,
Preparing JCLs, UTP, UTR, STP, STR, Prodneed, Commission Testing, BAU Handover
Overall, I have 5 years of working experience, detailed below:
1. 3 years in WIPRO TECHNOLOGIES, Bangalore.
2. 2 years with SUNLIFE FINANCIAL ISC PVT LTD, Gurgaon (Presently with it)
Worked in BFSI and Insurance accounts for below roles / titles:
• As Mainframes COBOL developer, PLI Developer, Mainframes Testing Service Provider.
Also, took the ownership of MOM, documentation, taken sessions, completed mandatory trainings for example, 10 Days Training in Insurance, Insurance 101, Securities 101 and others, tried for z/OS IBM DB2 DBA Certification.
Graduation: B.E. in Electronics & Communication Engineering
Under Graduation: 3 years Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering
Set Skills: PCB Design & Electronic Product design, Embedded Systems, Mainframes.
Language: C & Assembly Language (Micro-controllers), JCL, COBOL, & PLI.
Mainframe: 5 years experience in Mainframes (worked with MVS, Z/OS, JCL, COBOL, PLI, SAS, VSAM, DB2, IMS, TELON Screens, CICS and various tools)
EXAM SUBJECT UNIVER. PASSING DURATION %age
B.E ELEC & COMM MDU 2007(With Honors) 3 Yrs 78%
DIPLOMA ELEC & COMM PSBTE&IT 2004(With Honors) 3 Yrs 76.2%
EXAM SCHOOL BOARD YEAR %age
10th K.V. High Grounds, CHD C.B.S.E 2001 68%
12th Correspondence PSEB 2003 64%
ORGANISATION POSITION YEAR DURATION TECHNOLOGY
CSIO, Chandigarh Trainee 2005 2 months Digital Design
Sareen Technos Trainee 2006 2 months Embedded Systems
BSNL Exchange Trainee 2003 2 months WLL X-CHG
PROJECTS Worked on/in
• Sun Tracking System – Major Project
• Bi-color Disco Light – Minor Project
• DTMF Remote Control System – Major Project
• Digital Security Check – Minor Project
• Digital Clock (Embedded Training) – Minor Project
• Clock Pulse Generator for HUD – Minor Project
• IAS – Development (Mainframes) Projects
• Small Enhancement & Maintenance – (Mainframes) Projects
• MFTS Batch Services Process Improvement Projects – (Mainframes)
• SAS upgrade Project AOS team – (Mainframes)
I have enjoyed almost all extra curricular activities till today by involving myself fully in those and winning selective top positions, exciting prizes, rewards and gifts. The few of those that I remember are:
• Won gifts for activities like Kite Decoration, Bay Decoration, Fun activities, Holi special creative events. (Level – Corporate)
• Held 3rd top rank in Mainframes Internal Training while stepping into this new technology during my initial Wipro days. (Level – Corporate)
• Won bronze in 10Km run organized by Wipro Technologies, Bangalore. Participated in 10Km world Open runs organized by Sunfeast - Bangalore, TCS - Bangalore, Airtel – Delhi, Wipro - Bangalore. (Level – Corporate)
• Secured 1st top rank in Non-Gate entrance test organized by PEC, Chandigarh for Masters in Technology in 2007. (Level – After B.Tech)
• Selected to represent school for Green Olympiad. (Level – Secondary School)
• Actively participated and won top position and prizes in Painting, Hand-Writing competitions. (Level – School & College)
• Held top ranks in Academics & at-times also rewarded for obtaining incredible scores. (Level – School & College)
• Actively participated in GK Contests, Quests, & Declamations. (Level – School & College)
• An excellent 3 years experience in NCC (Army) with annual training camps. (Level – College)
• n the first Shooting Competition participation itself, won extremely nice appreciations. (Level – College)
• Completed 12th Standard in first division along with Diploma. (Level – College)
• Winner (sometimes Runners-up) for many athletic events (individual & team) including Kho-Kho, Carrom, Races, Relay Races, High Jump, Long Jump, Three-Leg, Volley Ball, Basket Ball, Cricket. (Level – School, College, Corporate)
LANGUAGE (R/W/S): Hindi (Mother – Tongue), English, Punjabi, Haryanvi
HOBBIES: Surfing Internet, Reading Subject Books, Writing Diary, Watching TV (Discovery, Serial & News), Social-networking.
INTERESTS: Thinking of innovative ideas, Reading Books, Singing Songs, Playing outdoors games, Riding.
SKILLS: Strong will Power, Efficient Communication, Good leadership quality, Motivating power, Creativity
I hereby declare that all the particulars mentioned above are true to my knowledge.
Deepti Saini Date: