Union City, CA *****
Email: email@example.com Cell phone: 201-***-****
Master’s of Science-Biomedical Engineering, Specialization in Medical Physics, Stony Brook University Graduation: May 2012
Overall GPA: 3.48
Bachelor of Engineering - Biomedical Engineering, University of Mumbai, India Graduation: May 2010
Overall GPA: 3.85
• Biomedical Instrumentation
• Electronic Circuits Analysis and Design
• Signal Processing in Biomedical Applications
• Advanced Numerical & Computation Analysis Applied to Biological Systems
Biomedical Engineering Intern at Sir H N Hospital and Research Centre, India June 2009 - Dec 2009
• Served as an entry-level biomedical engineer to provide inventory control, minor repairs, installation and Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) maintenance of medical equipment technologies, devices and instruments.
• Document, review and evaluate end-user observation, diagnosis of problem, implement corrective action and communicate the results of analysis and design tasks.
• Test, inspect and provide oversight of products at various stages of repair.
• Compile and evaluate statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of medical device.
• Document Control: Performed systematic filing and maintenance of records/services reports.
• Apply comprehensive knowledge of quality and safety concepts, procedures and practices.
Research Assistant at Brookhaven National Laboratory, NY Jan 2011- May 2012
• Conducted testing, calibration and troubleshoot of the medical device hardware during product development of PET/MRI prototype.
• Involved in designing, executing, and analyzing experiments and applied the test results in a repeatable and defensible manner during the experiments.
• Develop and use tools for analyzing data for optimization of hardware.
• Successfully performed data acquisition, data processing and reconstruction using LabVIEW/Linux based algorithms with 3-D MLEM and highly accurate detector response model built by Monte Carlo simulation.
• Performed physical modeling and simulation of hardware using GATE.
Languages: MATLAB, LABView, Python, C.
Operating Systems: Windows 98/2000/XP, LINUX.
Tools/Software: MS Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GATE, SPM8, SolidWorks, Photoshop.
Commercialization of a novel medical technology. Jan 2010-May 2011
Project involved devising a commercialization plan of a novel medical technology into a medical device by studying regulatory requirements with other aspects like product development, marketing and finance
Role: Studied and analyzed regulatory affairs and FDA regulations, safety and quality standards for a novel medical device and devised a strategic regulatory plan for the same.
Study Cytotoxicity of single walled carbon nanotubes on NIH3T3 mouse fibroblasts. August 2010-Dec 2010
Project involved analyzing the cytotoxicity levels with varying concentrations of SWCNTs using image processing in MATLAB and curve fitting in Python.
Role: Successfully wrote and compiled a code in Python to implement different types of curve fitting models for the acquired data set and interpreted the best-fit.
Basic System for Lie Detection using Respiration rate and Pulse rate. Jan 2010-May 2010
Project involved devising a hardware and software to perform Respiration and Pulse signal pick-up, signal processing and integration with a Microcontroller-8951, programmed to perform the count, comparison and the LCD display.
Role: Designed and integrated the signal-pickup and processing hardware to engineer a working model of the system.
• Part of Workshop Program on Patient Monitors at Larsen and Turbo Ltd, Leading Device Company in India. 2010
• Event Coordinator, Xeuron, Thadomal Shahani Engineering College, University of Mumbai. 2010 Organized and participated in All-India level technical exhibition for 15 national and international medical device companies demonstrating over 40 devices and simulations.