Donna Ashley, MBA
*** ****** ***** **** ~ Drasco, AR 72530
Human Resources Manager email@example.com
Human Resource Executive with over 17 years of comprehensive human resource experience including recruitment and retention, conflict resolution, change management, labor relations, and benefit administration.
-Proven experience collaborating with executive senior management to conduct Human Resources strategic planning in order to support and further corporate goals.
-Possess broad knowledge of human resources in a variety of sectors including union and non-union experience initiating cost containment strategies resulting in significant savings.
-Excellent ability to address and implement strategic plans for talent acquisition, retention, and succession planning.
-Proven skills in labor and employment law including complaint investigation to thwart legal action.
• Organizational Development/Operations Management
• Union Contract Negotiator
• Corporate Succession Planning
• Compensation/Benefit Design
• Training and Development/Employee Relations
• Harassment/EEO/Safety Compliances
• Policy/Procedure Design & Administration
Saint Jean Industries, Inc., Heber Springs, AR (2011- )
Human Resources Manager. Create, Manage, and Administer Human Resource Services to Operations and Employee Staff for a Global Auto Parts Manufacturing Company.
• Lead the HR strategy and execution for the Compression Manufacturing organization.
• Partners with client Customers (i.e. GM; Honda; and etc.) to ensure employees are engaged in our plan for growth and business objectives are achieved.
• Provide a broad range of HR support actions for achieving business objectives to include employee relations & rewards, talent management, staffing, employee development, employee retention, performance reviews, competitive wage reports, training, and change management.
• Responsible for organizational assessment and upgrading the talent through strategic staffing and developing talent.
• Work extensively with AR Dept. of Workforce Services & AEDC.
• Create & report on company KPI’s and Forecasting for Operations Management.
Donna Ashley, MBA Page 2
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (continued)
• Foster atmosphere of teamwork and development within client groups and HR team. Facilitates solutions to employee and leadership issues: developing and implementing HR strategy, policies and processes and proactive development and coaching of leaders.
• Strategically planned for New Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement Training.
• Created & reported on Recruitment Manning Report & Termination Report.
• Leads performance management and reward processes and the execution of company-wide Human Resource initiatives.
• Develops and facilitates solutions to inter/intra group issues/conflict; gives feedback to and coaches managers on effective and ineffective behaviors.
• Ensures adherence to company policy and procedure and employment laws, including working with Safety Coordinator on annual federal/state safety reviews.
• Participates in development of HR practices and initiatives; may lead in development of a functional area of expertise = SWOT Analysis.
Self-Employed, Heber Springs, AR (2007 to Present)
Independent Human Resources Consultant. Offer many services to client fortune 100 & 500 companies such as; training & development, succession business planning, recruitment, writing company policies & procedures, implementation of employment laws, assisting with contract negotiations, employee grievances, worker’s compensation, organizational development plans, business succession planning, and etc. I offer individual and group services such as; Mentoring, Coaching, Training Plans; Project Management, Time Management, Communication/Presentation, Succession Planning, Organizational Development within their department or industry field.
Delavan Holdings, Inc., Delavan, WI October 2008- June 2011
Director of Human Resources. Union and un-union property investment organization with 14 departments and 3 business units. Position reports to the Ownership Group. Work with Ownership Group and management to drive the employee programs and employee initiatives forward.
-Implement and administer all facets of the recruitment and hiring process.
- Create Training Plans & Train all staff - Create & Implement Organizational Development
- Conduct research on our competitors for compensation/incentives initiatives
- Administer all PAF’s and work with payroll - Administration of Disciplinary Corrective Action
- Create and maintain HR annual budgets - Administer and track all recruitment and salary offers
- Interpret and Counsel employees on policies/procedures -Create HR budget for Succession Planning
- HR experience with UCATT (Union of Construction Allied Trades & Technicians) and SFWU (Service & Food Worker’s Union), recording and counseling on grievances, interpreting and writing union contracts, and collective bargaining.
Lake Lawn Resort, Delavan, WI April 2007- September 2008 (Company Management Financial Layoff)
Director of Human Resources. Resort property organization with 12 departments and 4 business units. Position reported to the General Manager and Board of Directors.
Donna Ashley, MBA Page 3
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (continued)
Transformed HR from administrative corporate role to a strategic business partner, including working
with senior management to drive key business and implement performance initiatives to over 376 employees and increase the employee headcount to over 1200 by 2012.
-Conducted extensive analysis of existing HR organization and developed business plan to update all policies, procedures, services, programs, and operations.
-Developed and Directed human resource functions, including recruiting, hiring process, benefits, and
-Implemented standardized organizational model to clarify authority and responsibilities.
-Led transformation of company perception of bureaucratic HR function to value added service.
-Experience with Alternate Dispute Resolutions and Disciplinary Action Procedures.
• ROI Organizational Development Initiative to grow staff from 180 to 1200 in five years.
• University Advisory Committee Member to (3) universities; to increase skilled staff.
• Responsible for compliance on: state/federal employment laws; EEO;FMLA; FLSA; HIPPA; ADA; COBRA; WFMLA; Title VII; EAP; and etc. Write and maintain Affirmative Action Plan.
• Safety Chairperson for Safety Committee. Wrote and implemented safety modules and rules.
• Rewrote and revised 10 year old Employee Handbook of employee policies and procedures.
• Attained 100% win rate in unemployment claims.
• Lowered worker’s compensation claims by 36% and departmental turnover by 43%.
• Talent Acquisition Benchmarking for staff Career Development Program and OFCCP.
• Created and implemented a new Internship Program and Certification Program.
• Trained management on Coaching and Counseling Process, along with disciplinary action
• Created and facilitated new Employee Orientation Program.
• Developed and trained employees on:
-Sexual Harassment -4-Star Service (Product Delivery- Quality & Quantity)
-Effective Managers & Leaders Seminar -Workforce Management & Employment Law
• Created and launched an internal recruitment function reducing recruitment expense by $245,000
• Rebuilt benefits program by consolidating providers and renegotiating contracts. Successfully maintained benefit costs by 1% increase in premium and achieved savings of $50,000 in the first year.
• Conceived, developed, and implemented series of innovative HR programs, services and leadership initiatives, including comprehensive supervisory training, performance-based incentive compensation programs and career succession planning.
• Created OD&T Plan:
- Determine Corporate Training to Align with Corporate Goals & Vision
- Align Skill Sets to Re-enforce Training & Activities
- Implementation of Corporate Training Plan & Continuous Improvement Processes
- Quality Control & Evaluation of Training Plan and Experiences
- Follow-up after completion of plan with Feedback
Donna Ashley, MBA Page 4
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (continued)
• Created new Developmental & Managerial Leadership Plan to accomplish:
- Teamwork, Effective Communication with Staff, Motivation, Career Path Development, Compliances & Competencies, and etc.
• Created and implemented a variety of employee recognition and incentive programs.
• Created and implemented new Communication Initiative Programs:
-Bi-Annual Employee Opinion Surveys and Action Planning Feedback Sessions.
General Electric, Menomonee Falls/Waukeska WI March 2005-April 2007 (Contract position ended)
HR Business Development Manager. Set-up national and international Human Resource offices and operations management teams; corporate procedures; compliance programs; training; and etc. within the United States, Canada, and Mexico for General Electric- GE Manufacturing/Technology facilities.
• Worked with management at (5) union and non-union facilities. Traveled 40% to facility locations.
• Union experience working with management within the following unions- UAW (United Autoworker’s Union), SFWU (Service & Food Worker’s Union), and MTS (Mechanic’s Union of Trade Societies).
• HR experience working with management on filing/recording/interpreting grievance procedures, employee conflict resolution measures, collective bargaining on employee issues/topics, and assisting corporate HR with materials for arbitration meetings.
• Developed training philosophies, processes, compensation programs, safety compliance programs, and tools while recruiting for a full life-cycle bench on an international basis. Set-up international HR offices and policies.
• Represented General Electric at (3) US locations and (2) international locations.
• Demonstrated ability to influence managers, establish and maintain collaborative partnerships and provide thought leadership.
• Supported sites with all programs: FMLA; FLSA; PTO; Benefits; Affirmative Action.
• Implemented performance management initiatives, communication programs, and training
• Corporate Training including Lean Manufacturing and DDI Training.
• Established union avoidance program resulting in deflation of 4 organizing attempts within first 10 months.
RTA, Brookfield WI 2004-2005 (Position relocated to Illinois)
Project Recruiting Manager. Hired and set-up human resource-recruiting teams, to provide human resource services and recruiting to top companies across the United States (i.e. Harley-Davidson; Valero Energy; Dictaphone; Alcan Manufacturing; and etc.).Responsible for the complete staffing employment functions and set-up of HR office operations for various organizations in the manufacturing industry, financial, retail, health care, hospitality, technical, engineering, and etc.
Donna Ashley, MBA Page 5
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (continued)
• Provide advice and support on HR benefits, training, EEO, OFCCP compliance programs, update training manuals, workers compensation records, and meeting HR budgets.
• Consulted with clients to identify and partner, to secure a job opportunity then source the appropriate talent pool, begin the interview process through hiring negotiations and close the project including final payment collection.
• Traveled to clients for on-site career spec’s and client follow-ups, while making recommendations to human resource departments and designing new corporate recruiting/staffing retention retainment strategies.
• Introduced and implemented corporate Diversity Training Initiative annually.
• Maintained strong working knowledge of federal and state employment laws and client recruiting HRIS applicant tracking systems.
Family Service Agency, North Little Rock AR 2002-2003
Certified Financial Counselor. Specializing in individual financial portfolios, debt consolidation management, debt proposals, and bankruptcy claims.
• Directly counseled over 230 clients, involving financial issues, credit vs. debt management, retirement and financial portfolios, and debt consolidation vs. bankruptcy.
• Complied confidential financial analysis on my clients, to develop a daily workable budget based on income, debt, living expenses, and overall outstanding long term financial spending.
• Reconfigured 401k and money market programs for clients.
• Established working relationships with advocates for HUD, Arkansas Legal Services, Argenta, and many non-profit agencies, to carry out housing ordinances/projects for client pool. Made community speaking appearances on financial management topics.
Panache, The Aromatique Gallery, Heber Springs AR 1995-2001
Assistant Manager. Served as Assistant Manager for a multi-million dollar decorative fragrance company.
• Trained new employees on company database system, sales, inventory and stocking.
• Monitored floor inventories, evaluated daily sales, and maintained all supply purchases.
• Managed store’s banking financial accounts (accounts payable and accounts receivable) and processed P & L corporate reports.
Cleburne County Motors & Manufacturing, Inc., Heber Springs AR 1990-1995
Human Resource Manager. Served as Human Resource Manager for a engine manufacturing facility.
• Union experience working with management within the following unions – MUTS (Mechanics
Donna Ashley, MBA Page 6
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (continued)
• Union of Trade Societies) and UAW (United Autoworker’s Union).
• HR experience working with management on grievance filing/procedures; employee conflict resolution measures and investigations, collective bargaining agreements, writing union contracts, and HR representation at arbitration.
• Managed account payable/receivable accounts, payroll, workers compensation, benefit claims and compensation programs (Title VII, local/state/federal employment laws, and OSHA/EPA).
• Created and Implement front-line and managerial training and development programs.
• Directly handled EEO, safety, and workers compensation claims and all employee relation programs.
Red Apple Inn Enterprises, Inc., Heber Springs AR 1985-1990
Human Resources Director. Served as Human Resources Director for an exclusive resort membership organization. Started as Human Resources Assistant Manager and worked up to HR Director.
• Recruited and hired a staff of over 200 employees within two years for resort and call center.
• Created/Implemented HR manual and updated resort SOP’s procedures and job classifications.
• Succession Planning through training management; retention; and regulatory compliances. Administered all HR programs/laws (i.e. EAP; FMLA; FLSA; ADA; AAP; and etc.).
• HR experience working with SFWU (Service & Food Workers Union)
• Working with management on union contracts, grievances, and collective bargaining.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL AFFLIATIONS
CARDINAL STRITCH UNIVERSITY, Milwaukee WI
Masters of Business Administration
UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL ARKANSAS, Conway AR
Bachelor of Science Degree, Psychology & Sociology
Minor: Organizational Development
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) -PHR
Delavan- Darien Rotary Member