Obtain the opportunity to improve and expand my experience and knowledge in the medical and biotechnology industry.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Hard worker, flexible and able to work in small and large group settings.
• Varied experience in the educational and laboratory fields in Biology.
• Enthusiastic, creative, and passionate educator who believes that all children can learn and thrive in a learning environment that is stimulating, comforting, and appropriate to their unique abilities and learning styles.
• Instructional Leadership - Use of a balanced blend of motivational and targeted instruction methodologies to enhance curricula.
• Use of a variety of learning style methods to increase the understanding of the class information and scientific concepts though the implementation and application of laboratory procedures.
• Specializations Include - MA Certification in Biology for grades 9-12. Professional status and highly qualified educator.
• Teaching experience with first generation/low income high school students for 15 years at different schools and settings.
PROFESSIONAL TEACHING EXPERIENCE
COLLABORATIVE FOR EDUCATIONAL SERVICES, Fitchburg, MA August 2011- present
SHREWSBURY HIGH SCHOOL, Shrewsbury, MA August 2010 - June 2011
DOHERTY MEMORIAL HIGH SCHOOL, Worcester, MA August 1999 - June 2010
NORTH HIGH SCHOOL, Worcester, MA August 1995 - June 1999
• Facilitate five classes consisting of 25 students for grades 10-12.
• Use multiple assessments in compliance with district and state requirements and the state frameworks.
• Use innovative methods and materials to produce effective learning experiences including cooperative learning and differentiation.
• Develop daily lesson plans and testing materials.
• Incorporation of technology to enhance instruction and research including the internet, on-line library research, scientific calculators, pH probes, and Power Point.
• Implemented various classroom management techniques for maintaining student attention, involvement and discipline and provide a safe environment for the students.
• Mentored and coached students to help increase their confidence in their ability to perform at high levels of academic performance in after school programs.
• Development and design of laboratory procedures that follow the scientific method steps ensuring safety.
• Prepared students for students science project reports; assisted students in organizing and writing research findings, bibliographies and final reports.
• Served as an instructional leader by modeling high expectations for students and implementing results focused programs.
PART-TIME TEACHING EXPERIENCE
YOU INC, Worcester, MA Biology MCAS Tutor April-May 2011
UPWARD BOUND PROGRAM, Worcester, MA Biology Instructor Summer 2010
DOHERTY MEMORIAL HIGH SCHOOL, Worcester, MA Biology MCAS Tutor August-June 2009-2010
SUMMER HIGH SCHOOL, Worcester, MA Biology Instructor Summer 2007
NORTH HIGH SCHOOL, Worcester, MA MCAS Tutor August-June 1996-1997
RESEARCH EXPERIENCE AND TRAININGS
WORCESTER STATE COLLEGE, Worcester, MA Forensic Science Training Summer 2007, 2008
HOLY CROSS COLLEGE, Worcester, MA Neurology Institute Summer 2008, 2005
DOHERTY HIGH SCHOOL, Worcester, MA Literacy Training Spring 2006
UMASS MEDICAL SCHOOL, Worcester, MA Laboratory Technician Summer 2006
TUFTS UNIVERSTIY, North Grafton, MA Laboratory Technician Summer 1996
NORTH HIGH SCHOOL, Worcester, MA Skillful Teacher Training Spring 1996
NORTH HIGH SCHOOL, Worcester, MA Classroom Management Spring 1996
MASTERS IN EDUCATION, Clark University, Worcester, MA - 2000
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN BIOLOGY, Clark University, Worcester, MA - 1995
ASSUMPTION COLLEGE, Worcester, Ma.
Courses: BIO102E Human Biology in Health and Disease
BIO106E The Biology of Cancer
IDS223E Health and Wellness
PSY214E Psychology of Identity & Human Sexuality
ASSOCIATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Professional Certification in Biology for Secondary Education
National Education Association
Massachusetts Teacher Association
LANGUAGES: Fluent in written and conversational Spanish.
Ivette Barouk: 508-***-****
Veronica Griffin: 508-***-****