Iris Mimba Crews
email@example.com ***** Heron Bay Blvd.
571-***-**** Coral Springs, FL, 33076
University of Yaoundé I
Bachelor of Arts in Bilingual Letters (French & English) November 1998 – February 2011
July 2012 till present
● Training in Linguistic studies: 2000
● Computer proficient in Microsoft Office word, excel, publisher, power point, and Adobe
Government Bilingual High School
G.C.E. Advanced Level
French Customer Service Representative Global response
July 2012 till present
Community Liaison Assistant U.S. Embassy Yaoundé -Cameroon
September 2008 till present
● Responsible for filing and keeping good records of documents, procedures, policies related to household-help, cultural events, recreational/community resources, funds/expenditures/receipts.
Events and Projects
● Assist the CLO in the planning, organization, and implementation of events and projects. This involves creating and maintaining personal contacts within the Cameroonian/American communities.
● Assist the CLO in providing new American officers briefing about the Country and the community.
● Responsible for creating events and projects.
● Creating and keeping a calendar of activities for projects and events.
● Responsible for ordering supplies, food, drinks and all other items needed for an event or project.
● Responsible for creating and planning trips within Cameroon for the entire American Community.
● Assured the preparation of various Memos and reports relevant to events, projects and trips.
Preparation and Publication the Embassy’s Weekly Newsletter
● Responsible for the preparation and publication of Embassy’s weekly Newsletter. This involves compiling, researching, reformatting and editing information to be published in the GECKO.
● Provide resources, guidance, advice and information to new American employees and families in an effort to maintain high moral among employees at post.
● Responsible for scheduling check-in briefs for all American officers with the Ambassador, DCM and different section heads.
● Responsible for putting together all the welcome information needed by new American officers.
● Responsible for filling and submitting the CLO section’s time and attendance sheet to the Management Secretary.
● Responsible for requisitioning office supplies/equipment.
● Submit work orders for the maintenance and repair of office supplies/equipment.
● Responsible for keeping the CLO bulletin board organized and updated.
● Organize and maintain the CLO library of, brochures with touristic information, self help books, novels, magazines, catalogs and videos for community use.
Communication Officer Israeli Embassy Yaoundé -Cameroon
September 2003 – September 2008
● Preparing daily reports of information derived from the local media (press) on Cameroon, Africa and the Middle East for expedition to Israel.
● In charge of organizing of press conferences and diplomatic events in the Embassy.
● Serve as main channel for circulation of unclassified information into and outside the Embassy.
● Work in collaboration with the various media (press, radio, Television) in information related activities.
● In charge of regional communication between the Yaounde, other Central African countries (Gabon, Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Chad) and Israel.
● Responsible for preparing weekly report with information derived from the Israeli news sites like (HA’ARETZ, JERUSALEM POST, YEDIOT AHARONOT, MA’ARIV etc) on the Middle East in general and Israel in particular and disseminating the said information to the local media and the Ministry of External Relations in Cameroon.
● In charge of assuring the media coverage of all Israel related activities in Cameroon by the LOCAL MEDIA/ being available to attend all events organized by the Israeli Embassy and assisting the local press available at all Embassy events.
● Prepare reports on all Israeli related activities in Cameroon for expedition to Israel.
● In charge of the translation of all Embassy correspondences (in English and French).
● Served as the main interpreter to the Ambassador/DCM during meetings, briefings and press conferences.
● In charge of providing the Cameroonian pubic with required documentation and information brochures on Israel (the land), its people, its culture, background, etc.
● Provide various Cameroonian institutions with required documentation and information brochures on Israel (providing the Supreme Court in Cameroon with books on Israeli judiciary set-up and system, etc)
● Represent the Ambassador in Press Conferences during his absence/preparing relevant reports and briefings after each conference.
● Create Business Contacts for Israeli companies/Assist Israeli companies interested in dealing with Cameroonian companies with relevant contact information on companies dealing in the same kind of business.
● Ensure the organization and the smooth functioning of on-the-spot training programs organized by Israel in Cameroon.
● Responsible for Updating the Embassy's website.
● Carry out necessary administrative steps to ensure that the status of newly transferred diplomats is regularized according to Cameroon law.
● In charge of Drafting Diplomatic notes and correspondences on Israeli related activities to the various Embassies and International Organizations as well as Cameroon’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
● Drawing up weekly schedules for the Ambassador and DCM (Deputy Chief of Missions).
● In charge of preparing the Ambassador's and DCM’s official and Private visits around the world/also setting up for traveling plans, taking care of travelling logistics for all Israeli Diplomats in Cameroon.
● In charge of making Hotel Reservations for other Israeli officials visiting the country.
● In charge of printing and coordinating the distribution of invitations for all Embassy functions (Independence Day celebrations, other Jewish feasts). This included printing out over 800 personalized cards and envelops.
● In charge of conceiving and drafting the Ambassador’s and DCM’s speeches in both languages (French/English).
● In charge of the filing of office documents.
● Ensured the management of the Embassy’s library; books and information materials.
● Providing the public with information about visa application procedures.
● Receiving visa applicant's documents and verifying their validity.
● Assist with consular investigations.
● Assisting the consular officer with visa interviews.
● Prepare selection letters for various applicants retained for Israeli scholarship programs.
● Assist applicants going to Israeli trade exhibitions with registration and providing them with information on hotels, cites and touristic information on Israel.
● Contact movers companies for Israeli diplomats leaving or getting in to the country.
● Prepare checks for movers companies
● Prepare bills of lading every week and issue to courier services (with details of LTA and relative dates) for the delivery of pouches and packages to and from Israel.
● Ensure the smooth functioning of all Internet related activities with CAMTEL, both Technical and Financial.
● Contact Fire Extinguishing Company monthly for the verification, and the updating of their installations at the Embassy and Residences/ Also responsible for preparing all relevant checks.
● Viewing various embassy contracts/preparing and making payments all embassy utilities to the relevant companies(telephone bills, water and electricity, generator services, etc)
Model SONOMODE, Yaounde-Cameroon
● Modeled for some Cameroonian designers.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office word, excel, publisher, power point, and Adobe
● Proficient in French and English(Witten and spoken)
1. Susette Mathis, U.S. Embassy Yaounde
2. Nguyen Chanh, Management Officer, U.S.Embassy Yaounde