Orlando Fl *2832
To benefit an organization that can use a motivated, experienced professional who can manage, promote, control and develop a profitable and outstanding hospitality or food and beverage business in which I am committed to fulfill company and guests' needs with excellent customer service while always maximizing profits and minimizing operational costs.
Multi-unit General Manager. Areas USA
(March 2008 to April 2012)
* Manage an F&B operation with multiple concepts (Ruby Tuesday, Vinea, Qdoba Mexican Grill) for a worldwide corporation in airports and highways plazas
* Responsible of day to day administrative and operational duties of all concepts with more than 80 employees and gross yearly sales over 7 millions
* Keep a consistent COG, labor and GE below budget pre-established with an increase in revenues over 15% and EBITDA increase in 12% during management period
* Directly responsible of BOH and FOH hiring, scheduling, training, supervision, ordering, receiving, inventory, P&L and any operational and administrative duty for each concept with the support of a management team
* Support of openings and training in other operations nationwide
Restaurant Manager. The Grand Bohemian Hotel
(December 2006 to February 2008)
* Manage a F&B department in an luxury boutique hotel dedicated to the art and music in Orlando Florida, rated by AAA and Mobil as 4 Diamonds Hotel
* Control operative and administrative duties of multiple outlets in the F&B department: Room Service, Fine Dining "The Boheme" Restaurant, The Bosendorfer Lounge and special events.
* Manage yearly sales of 2.5 Millions per year and over 50 employees
General Manager. GLO Lounge, Orlando FL
(June 2004 to December 2006)
* Develop, manage and operate a freestanding F&B business
* Set up all administrative and S.O.P manuals (P&L, inventory, employee's handbook, forecast reports, F&B reports, operational forms, etc)
* Manage and control private events for conventions, companies and corporations
* Manage yearly sales of 1.25 Millions per year and over 25 employees
Food, Beverage and Retail Manager. Westgate Resorts, Orlando, FL
(February 1999 to June 2004).
* Manage, control, and coordinate multiple F&B outlets as a Pizza Hut Store, a retail F&B store, a gourmet deli & 5 pool bars
* Interviewing, hiring, training, coaching and counseling staff
* Staff supervision, report and justify P&L results to the F&B director
* Developed new trends and sales strategies in order to maximize sales and minimize cost.
* Manage yearly sales of 1.5 Millions per year and 20+ employees
Certified by "Responsible Vendor Program"
Certified as Florida Food Safety Manager
Certified by Hear saver First Aid
RITZ CARLTON, ORLANDO, FLORIDA
1st Level of Sommelier.
Certified by The Court of Master Sommelier, 2006
WESTGATE RESORTS, ORLANDO, FLORIDA.
Hospitality Management Development, 2004
HOTEL UNIVERSITY OF VENEZUELA, MERIDA, VENEZUELA.
Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Business, Food and Beverage Major, 1995-1998
WESTGATE RESORTS, Orlando, Florida.
Food and Beverage Administrative Internship (March 1998 to February 1998)
DIAMOND DUNES RESORTS, Margarita Island, Venezuela.
Hospitality Business Operational Internship (June 1996 to November 1996)
P.O.S systems: Aloha, Micros, RIO, Kronos, Open Table, Attendance Enterprise, Squirrel, DSP, ADP, Equlibrio.net. Software: Excel, Word, Power point, Publisher.
Bilingual: Fluent Spanish (Verbal, writing & reading)
SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Perceptive and very hands on manager. Can identify and correct problems impeding organizational progress and performance. Motivationally oriented manager. Exceptional training skills. Track record of producing superb teamwork and employee unity. Skilled communicator. Can establish individual and group rapport. Qualified by over twelve years of increasingly responsible positions in the hospitality industry with a bachelor's degree in the hospitality business.
References upon request