**** ****** ****** • Oceanside, New York, 11572
PENSION AND BENEFITS ANALYST / ADMINISTRATOR
Seasoned pension / benefits analyst and administrator with more than 20 years of combined experience impacting corporate performance through methodical and strategic orchestration of all benefits programs, including Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Pension Plans, Deferred Compensation Programs - 401(k) and 457, and retiree medical plans. Address all concerns of retirees regarding pension and benefits, enhancing company response systems. Skillfully train teams to successfully expand and implement organizational retirement packages. Areas of expertise:
Benefits Administration • Pension Analysis • Employee Response Systems
Retirement Programs • Benefit Disbursements Review • Benefits Consultation • Training
Defined Benefit Processing • Defined Contribution Handling • Pension Plans
Employee Retirement Seminars • Procedure Development
BUCK CONSULTANTS, New York, New York • 2007-2009
International actuarial firm and independent subsidiary of Affiliated Computer Services (ACS), providing actuarial services, marketing, and outsourcing for pension plans administration. Annual revenues total over $6B. Organization is comprised of approximately 2,000 employees.
Carefully reviewed defined benefit pension plans for 2 clients on a daily basis, accurately calculating lump sum and annuity payments. Supervised the administration of both weekly and monthly disbursements, constantly checking client correspondence to provide participants with payment data. Examined in scope and out of scope hours to ensure correct team and individual billings.
• Rendered service to the company by successfully analyzing and approving all benefit calculations for participants in defined benefit plans for both clients.
• Coordinated with plan trustees to meticulously inspect benefit disbursements for lump sum payments and monthly annuities for both clients.
• Guaranteed accuracy of information by providing actuary and auditors with benefit data for SAS70 audit.
• Established timely response to employees by conducting research on all benefit inquiries from plan call center.
• Secured the trust of both clients by expertly handling all qualified domestic relations orders.
METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY, New York, New York • 1995-2007
Public Benefit Corporation under contract with the Connecticut Department of Transportation, providing transportation in the entire New York City territory. Organization is composed of approximately 68,000 employees operating about 800,000 vehicles in the city.
Pensions Manager-MTA Headquarters (2004-2007)
Administered the MTA bus pension plans and defined benefit pension plans for MTA Metro-North Railroad and MTA Long Island Railroad. Precisely computed figures for service retirement, death and stability benefits, purchase of military service and vested / non-vested services from other retirement systems. Managed the administration of monthly disbursements, employing various communication techniques to brief participants of payment information. Clearly explained pension programs to participants while assessing their eligibility for benefits.
• Effectively implemented PeopleSoft pension module by leading all pensions analyses.
• Kept 11 pension plans updated by formulating and revising all their standard operating procedures and plan rules.
• Empowered railroads to calculate initial pension estimates by skillfully training and supporting pension units.
• Contributed significantly to business growth by investigating and preparing all requests to purchase additional vested/non-vested services from other retirement systems or the military.
• Facilitated annual plan valuation by compiling retiree and terminated vested data for prompt submission to the plan actuary.
ARTHUR PERLIN • Page 2 • email@example.com
Pensions Manager – MTA Metro-North Railroad (1995-2004)
Promoted to Pensions Manager to oversee different aspects of the daily processing of defined contribution and defined benefit pension plans, and 401 (k) as well as 457 plans. Addressed employee inquiries regarding Railroad Retirement and retiree medical coverage. Scrutinized the accuracy of defined benefit pension plan trustee reports. Accomplished domestic relations orders for both defined contribution and defined benefit plans. Analyzed wire transfers for the defined contribution pension plan.
• Clarified all pensions and benefits questions by leading a retirement information seminar program that clearly discussed retiree medical, life insurance, pension, and deferred compensation benefits.
• Expanded and enhanced the retirement information seminar program by generating support material and training additional staff.
• Expertly counseled potential hourly and management retirees to provide a basic understanding of retirement benefits.
• Acted as the key pension and benefits resource person for the company by maintaining an active knowledge of retiree medical benefits, and US Railroad Retirement law.
METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY, New York, New York • Prior to 1995
Pension Administrator – MTA Metro-North Railroad
Orchestrated day-to-day activities of defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans and deferred compensation programs. Methodically integrated defined contribution pension plan forfeiture accounts, defined benefit pension plan trustee reports, Railroad Retirement pension credits and deferred compensation W-2 reports. Carried out annual valuation by providing active, retiree and vested terminated participant data to the actuarial consultant.
• Improved benefits system by introducing actualized procedures regarding pension and deferred compensation program.
• Enlightened participants of defined benefit pension plan by explaining distribution benefits in detail while accurately estimating pension benefits.
• Optimized data processing by collaborating with the plan actuary to devise an automated pension system.
• Contributed significantly in employee and pre-retirement informational meetings with the Railroad Retirement Board for prospective retirees.
• Completed domestic relations orders for defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans.
Career Note: Additional professional background includes roles as Senior Benefits Analyst for Anchor Savings Bank, FSB, Benefit Representative Pensions for EBASCO Services Incorporated, and Defined Benefit Pension Plan Manager for G.O. Holdings Management Inc. Details on request.
Bachelor of Science in Management
Long Island University, Brooklyn, New York