MARISSA M. CARTER
**** ****** ***** • INDIAN TRAIL, NC 28079
M: 716-***-**** • email@example.com
OBJECTIVE: Contribute my marketing and communications skills toward the reputation and productivity of a growing organization.
• Achieved the highest gross profit of sales within my team at Stealth Components for the month of March 2012.
• Lead online public relations activities recovering the reputation of Mitchell Yellen, well-known financial advisor in 2010.
• Successfully coordinated New York Times Corporate Day at Howard University in 2009, garnering attention from local newspapers and an unprecedented attendance of more than 150 students, faculty members and media personnel.
• Initiated grassroot efforts globalizing protests opposing the use of the “R-Word,” retard, in the 2008 movie Tropic Thunder.
• Authored 14 articles on world-renowned physicians and medical contributors for the American Society of Nephrology’s 2007 edition of Onsite Highlights Magazine (published and distributed to more than 15,000 major media outlets around the world).
Stealth Components Incorporated Charlotte, NC
Account Manager March 2011 – Present
Ambitiously develop and maintain relationships with senior management at client organizations worldwide; and assisting them with problematic electronic component shortages.
• Oversee approximately 900 current and potential client accounts
• Ascertain client requests during critical electronic component shortages, locate quality suppliers for said components, create a custom package for the client and negotiate pricing for the package resulting in substantial profit margins
• Responsible for new sales and contract generation with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) within the Asia Pacific region, a previously untouched market
• Identify operational synergies and inefficiencies within the Account Manager workflow and suggest time saving solutions
• Resolve complex dilemmas relating to customer orders, create solutions and communicate them simply and effectively
• Analyze financial and industry data to forecast company and industry trends
Mortgage Research Incorporated Charlotte, NC
Account Executive October 2009 – February 2011
Developed and managed a portfolio of client accounts with the nation’s top mortgage brokerage firms and loan originators
• Managed database containing close to 600 clients and prospective customers utilizing prominent CRM software (Salesforce)
• Generated sales approximately amounting to $100,000 in revenue
• Negotiated and acquired major contracts with companies ranging from 1 - 500 employees across the United States
• Contributed to the screening, hiring and training procedures of new professionals and teammates
Asterisk Creative Charlotte, NC
Junior Marketing Associate July 2009 – February 2010
Collaborated with Asterisk Creative team members and partners on marketing, advertising and public relations campaigns for Fortune 500 companies and small businesses.
• Created an in depth competitive analysis for Belk Inc., complete with research on the benefits of properly utilizing social media networks, SEO (search engine optimization) and website analytics for global business development and customer relations
• Consulted with clients regarding strategic marketing strategies and potential campaign analyses
• Applied creative and technical skills to populate websites, write copy and design graphics for advertisements and press releases while ensuring the speedy and successful deployment of all client materials
• Worked as Production Assistant for a nationally televised commercial for the Gunk automotive product line
The New York Times (NYT) Washington, DC
Marketing Intern October 2008 – May 2009
Facilitated programs to increase The New York Times’ brand awareness on Howard University’s campus, using non-traditional publicity tactics, social networking websites and organizing campus-wide events while adhering to a $10,000 budget.
• Successfully coordinated New York Times Corporate Day at Howard University in 2009, garnering attention from local newspapers and an unprecedented attendance of more than 150 students, faculty members and media personnel
• Organized and carried out NYT Branding Day, a guerrilla-marketing event aimed at promoting Corporate Day
• Coordinated a daylong affair that consisted of various NYT Associates visiting classes, holding panels, critiquing resumes and hosting student receptions in an effort to increase brand awareness
• Designed print and online promotional materials
Special Olympics International (SOI) Washington, DC
Brand Marketing & Awareness Intern
May 2008 – June 2009
Assisted with promotion and launch of worldwide campaigns: “Be a Fan,” “R- Word” and “Spread the Word to End the Word.”
• Compiled research and prepared reports contributing to the placement of call to action campaigns
• Collaborated with team to create ways to streamline media outreach cycle time for the 2009 World Winter Games
• Created online content for international awareness campaigns for popular social networking site MTV Think
• Tracked PSA campaigns and generated reports on campaign performance
• Contacted activist organizations to gain support and/or secure partnership campaigns
• Created a master list database of publishing companies containing pertinent statistical information
• Provided administrative support: attended meetings and took minutes/notes and distributed as follow-up notes to attendees
The American Society of Nephrology (ASN) Washington, DC
Communications and Education Intern May 2007 – December 2007
Responsible for coordinating media contact information, assisting in preparation and production of media kits and writing and editing articles for print and online material.
• Assisted the staff with preparations for its annual fall conference in San Francisco (Renal Week 2007), as well as accompanied them
• Wrote 14 articles on highly respected and accomplished doctors and medical contributors for ASN’s Onsite Highlights magazine, which was distributed to over 13,000 medical professionals and media at Renal Week 2007 in San Francisco
• Assisted the Sr. Manager for External Relations with formulating press releases which were distributed to hundreds of media contacts both domestic and international
• Facilitated the compilation of all the articles written on the ASN’s accomplishments and organized them for future reference
VOLUNTEER & EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Modern Eye Photography Charlotte, NC
Founder & President
March 2012 – Present
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of a small photography business
• Combine technical proficiency with artistry to create images of people, animals, events and objects
• Schedule and manage on location photoshoots, maintain equipment/edit images and keep record of all photographs taken
Girl Talk Foundation Incorporated Charlotte, NC
January 2011 – Present
• Provide high quality photography for use in official print and online materials
• Take candid photographs capturing the fun youthful spirit of participants at Girl Talk session and events
Howard University, John H. Johnson School of Communications Washington, DC
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism (Advertising Emphasis) | Minor: Business Administration Class of May 2009
• Skills: Microsoft Suite; Adobe Creative Suite; CRM Databases; Sharepoint; Mac and PC Literate; Canon Digital SLR Cameras
• Interests: Photography; Videography; Triathlons; Social Media; Tennis; Culinary Arts; Live Music; Fitness
• Languages: Basic Written and Spoken Spanish