SENIOR IT PROJECT MANAGER
- Process-oriented, results-driven, and highly organized IT professional coupled with 17 years of Application Development experience. Deep understanding of Software Development Lifecycle, ERP Systems Implementation, Technical and Functional Analysis/Design, Quality Assurance and Software Rollouts.
- Hands-on experience dealing with all facets of IT Application Management ranging from implementation of off-the-shelf software products, custom development, systems enhancements, migrations, upgrades, data conversions, integration and system support.
- Broad-based experience and in-depth working knowledge of Operating Systems, Software Development Tools, Procedural and Object-oriented Programming Languages, Relational Databases, Workflow and Imaging technology.
- PMI Certified Project Manager with 8 years of experience coupled with stellar qualifications in all facets of IT project life-cycle development, from initial feasibility study and analysis, conceptual design and planning, scheduling, software development and quality review, risk management and implementation.
- Excel at delivering large-scale projects within budget and time constraints complemented with remarkable ability to lead, coordinate, and train project teams to provide innovative technical solutions that address various functional departments, complex business processes and compliance needs.
- Possess strong background in Six Sigma methodology and certified in DMAIC process coupled with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Proven ability to make both functional and technical solution recommendations to the business community.
- Exemplify highly transferable skills in mentoring, communication, presentation, team management, operating in matrix organizations and politically sensitive environments, managing external vendors/partners along with providing direction to geographically dispersed team. Managed projects/teams with more than 30 team members.
- Show comprehensive experience as a delivery lead for companies in the US, Europe and India; highly motivated individual with a penchant for responsibility expansion, consistent history of promotion and never ending personal quest to enhance knowledge.
PM TOOLS: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, Project, PWA, SharePoint
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Windows and UNIX
LANGUAGES: C, C#, COBOL, SQL*PLUS, PL/SQL, VISUAL BASIC, HTML, JAVA
TOOLS: Oracle Forms & Reports, SQL*Navigator, Oracle Discoverer, Visual Studio
DATABASES: Oracle 10g, MS Access, MYSQL, MS SQL Server
TECHNOLOGY: Workflow, Imaging, EDI, XML
ERP: Oracle Financials/Applications (10.7 SC, 11.5.5, 11.5.8, 18.104.22.168)
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) IN OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL: 2005
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BS) IN COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
- Madurai Kamaraj University, Tamil Nadu, India: 1993
Six Sigma DMAIC Certification, ADT Security Services: 2006
Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute: 2005
Jordan IT Solutions, Inc. - Boca Raton, FL
IT PROJECT MANAGER 2009–Present
Oversaw daily operational aspects of a business that provides IT project management services, system / application development and support services, as well as technology directions to Fortune 500 clients. Spearhead a team of software developers and business analysts to develop their competencies to various software components involving Oracle Financials. Regularly interact with business leads and vendors to effectively implement the change.
- Managed an IT project for a large corporation to migrate their corporate T&E cards from VISA to AMEX.
- Implemented an automated testing process for a large corporation to optimize operational efficiency and productivity.
World Fuel Services - Miami, FL
IT DIRECTOR, APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT 2007–2009
Displayed unsurpassed leadership to a team of technical managers and software developers during requirements gathering, system configuration, development, defect management and numerous testing cycles. Convened with business leads, IT executives, and consulting firms as well as provided expert oversight to team leads during implementation and the subsequent software adoption period. Rendered high-level of assistance to senior management through regular consolidated status reporting, team member performance evaluation / development and resource capacity planning. Ensured strict adherence to regulatory guidelines toward fulfillment of corporate goals and objectives. Built and cultivated long-term relationships with the Treasury, Supply, Financial Shared Service and Human Resource departments by identifying their technology needs and implementing several improvements to enhance their effectiveness.
- Primarily held responsible for a significant portion of global implementation of Oracle ERP platform in 2008
- Augmented the web applications technology and improved business process through various projects. Carried out business critical projects, entailing functionalities such as sales, pricing, procurement and inventory through project estimation, planning, budgeting, scheduling, resource management, testing and delivery.
- Presided over an internal IT project to establish a world-class Application Support Department in accordance with ITIL guidelines, responsible for handling and managing support calls from users across the globe in early 2008.
- Instrumental in establishing SLAs with the business in accordance with ITIL guidelines and instituting a prioritization process to address critical business needs and resolution.
- Expertly managed an internal IT project to establish an IT Demand Management and Software Release management programs in accordance with ITIL guidelines.
ADT Security Services - Boca Raton, FL (1999–2007)
IT PROJECT MANAGER, CORPORATE AND FIELD FINANCE 2006–2007
Assumed full responsibility for initiation, evaluation, planning, execution and administration of major capital projects. Exemplified keen expertise to manage and deliver change projects of complex nature within time and budget constraints utilizing defined project lifecycle.
- Rose from rank then promoted several times to manage business critical finance related to Oracle ERP projects.
- Worked collaboratively with the corporate team in the establishment of AP Shared Services.
- Drove the nationwide implementation of 170 System’s MarkView application, a workflow and imaging/document management solution, by leading a geographically dispersed functional and technical team. This multi-million initiative included a major change management exercise involving hundreds of locations and users.
IT MANAGER / PROJECT MANAGER, ORACLE CENTER OF EXCELLENCE 2004–2006
Masterfully led all aspects of strategic planning and project management for Oracle Applications Center of Excellence with a team of 10 members responsible for providing all software development activities. Supervised staff, prepared work schedules and delegated specific responsibilities and priorities. Pivotal in identifying business needs, advising staff on translating requirements into functional specifications and overseeing development / delivery of IT solutions.
- Conceptualized and maintained a long-term strategic road map for ERP Application Suites
- Directed the design of existing and evolving Supply Chain / Finance / HRMS business systems, solutions and processes through various enterprise level projects.
- Chaired in a complex IT project to upgrade Oracle environment from 11.5.5 to 22.214.171.124 version. This project involved multi-million dollars and thousands of users across the nation.
- Assisted in the development and implementation of technology solutions to enable or enhance complex business processes and functionality, application architecture and system integration.
- Solidified inter-relationships and inter-dependencies between multiple products / projects / applications.
- Partook in the implementation of IT governance processes, adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley Guidelines, Software Release Management and Six Sigma Programs.
PROJECT DELIVERY MANAGER 2002–2004
Oversaw the project team through the development life cycle of the project including requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and closure. Interfered with product manager in releasing project deliverables on time as well as in guiding team members in analysis, custom development and pilot rollout phases. Vigorously led the installation of self-service framework, implementation of workflow, hardware upgrades.
- Planned and executed back-office initiatives focused on extensive integration between numerous business groups and IT teams and managed software / product configuration management.
- Diligently managed the implementation of Oracle iExpense suite through customization and implementation cycle enabling T&E management capability to thousands of users.
- Successfully chaired in numerous Oracle Application projects including multi-organization architecture upgrade.
- Restructured the Oracle Application Systems team into process-oriented and highly efficient unit.
SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST 1999–2001
Guided a team of five in analyzing business requirements, upgrading, customizing, troubleshooting, and rollout of new features. Supported company’s acquisition process by providing technical and functional support for migration of personnel, benefit and payroll information among various companies. Functioned as HRMS Production Support lead responsible for aiding business with urgent functional and technical issues.
- Initially hired as a Chief Architect of ADT Oracle HRMS system based on established strong client relations through exemplary performance, dedication and efficiency.
- Demonstrated outstanding skills in designing and developing data interfaces between ADT and multiple vendors.
- Played an integral part in successful upgrade of Oracle Applications environment from 10.7 to 11.5.5.
- Optimized operational efficiency and increased productivity of HRIM (PIRC) Department by initiating multiple HR, benefit and payroll process improvements.
Oracle Corporation - Miami, FL
SENIOR CONSULTANT 1998–1999
Provided expert advice to clients on formulating end-to-end business processes supported by Oracle Applications as well as in creating testing strategy and subsequent integration testing effort. Worked collaboratively with clients in planning and implementation of Financial, Supply Chain and HRMS modules.
- Expertly developed and implemented custom software solutions to support complex business needs
- Planned, mapped, and migrated legacy data to Oracle Applications through custom code development
TECHNICAL CONSULTANT - Comsys Corporation, Boca Raton, FL 1997–1998
TECHNICAL TEAM MEMBER - HCL Technologies, London, UK 1994–1997
SENIOR ORACLE DEVELOPER - SSI Technologies, Chennai, India 1993–1994