Orillia, Ontario L3V 6H4 email@example.com
To pursue a professional career as a Service Delivery Manager within a project based organization.
Achieved/Planned 2012 WORKPLACE SAFETY
Certificate: Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System; May 2012
Certificate: Occupational Health & Safety; TBD
Certificate: First Aide & CPR; TBD
Certificate: Fall Arrest; TBD
Achieved 2002 PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE
Certificate: Project Management Professional (PMP)
Feb. 2002 - Present
Graduate 1994 CONESTOGA COLLEGE of APPLIED ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
Diploma: Computer Programmer Analyst
Awards: Systems Management
Industry Skills Acquired: Business communication; statistical analysis; accounting principles; computer programming; team building; leadership
Owner/Operator GWS ENERGY INC.
May 2010 - Present Orillia, Ontario
• Offer Project Management & Consulting Services
• Offer Solar PV/Thermal Design & Installation Services
• Offer Energy Consulting Services
• Follow me on Twitter for Ontario industry updates; @GWS_ENERGY
TRANSITION MANAGER IBM GLOBAL SERVICES
Nov. 2008 – Apr. 2010 Markham, Ontario
• Customers; Sun Life Financial, Amgen Inc.
• IBM TM & Client Liaison: managed integration of large complex projects; responsible for over $9.1M in fixed price contracts; $45K monthly for resources; completed on time and under budget
PROJECT MANAGER IBM GLOBAL SERVICES
Jan. 1999 – Dec. 2008 Markham, Ontario
• Customers; Celestica, CAMH, WSIB, Nissan, Galileo, Via Rail, CIBC, Symcor, Ricoh, Y2K
• Managed multiple IT Projects often in a hostile changing customer environments; over 18 commercial customers, managed over 400 upgrade / integration projects applying formal project management methodologies.
• Performed project initiation, project control / monitoring, closing projects as appropriate gaining customer signoff initiating internal billing process.
• Ensured input of project deliverables into companywide project management tracking system for reporting and managing work load.
• Applied internal business strategies in cohesion with account management team ensuring internal business objectives while fulfilling customer requests for services.
• Provided regular status reports of issues, financials, changes and next steps discussing resource requirements often resulting in additional scope requests.
SYSTEMS OPERATOR IBM GLOBAL SERVICES
Oct. 1994 – June 1999 North York, Ontario
• Provided first and second level AS/400 technical support to external clients.
• Promoted to Project Leader for document standardization; disaster planning; customer presentations.
• Developed initial leadership skills, learned to effectively delegate work and motivate teammates
KNOWLEDGE & INDUSTRY EXPERTISE
Solar PV Design & Installation
o General knowledge of; Electrical basics, Solar Resources, Photovoltaics, Site Evaluation, Grid and Non Grid Tied Inverters, String sizing, Balance of System, Trackers, Pole Mount, Ballast Mount, Pitched Roof, Ground Mount, Wire Sizing, Over Current Sizing, Grounding, Batteries and Battery Banks, Charge Controllers, Load Analysis, System Sizing, System Commissioning, Fit, Micro Fit, Ground Mount applications
IT Infrastructure & Project Management
o Formal Project Management planning with; Network Services, Disaster Recovery, End User Services, IT Security, Maintenance and Technical Support, Middleware, Outsourcing, Server Services, Storage and Data Management, Site and Facilities Management, Human Resources, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Contract Management, Team Building, Problem and Change Management, Health and Safety Standards
Member Canadian Solar Institute, 2011 - Present
Member Ontario Minor Hockey Association as a Referee, 2006 – Present
Member Ontario Women’s Hockey Association as a Referee, 2009 – Present
Member Project Management Institute (PMI) as a Project Management Professional, 2002 - Present
Member of the Board for Orillia Minor Hockey Association - Director of Officials, 2010-2011
LANGUAGES Fluent in English; some French