SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Accomplished Administrative Director with substantial experience in the management of multi-specialty physician practices affiliated with a major metropolitan academic hospital in Southern New Jersey. Professional experience and Masters level training in areas of operations, financial management, human resources, quality improvement, compliance, marketing, organizational theory, healthcare economics, health law, and health information systems.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
Georgetown University, Washington, DC School of Nursing and Health Studies May 2007
• Masters of Science in Health Systems Administration
• Magna cum laude Graduate with 3.89 Overall GPA
• Upsilon Phi Delta Honor Society
Saint Michael's College, Colchester, VT May 2005
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology
• Honors: Dean's List Fall 2001 and Saint Michael's College Scholarship 2001 - 2005
Cooper University Hospital, Camden, NJ 2007 - 2008
Administrative Director, Department of Family Medicine
• Responsible for planning, implementing, and overseeing the business operations of 10 satellite primary care practices consisting of over 100 FTEs. Administrative duties include practice operations, financial management, quality improvement, compliance, marketing, supervision of billing practices, physician & staff recruitment, and performance evaluations.
• Development and implementation of a departmental strategic plan to improve quality and enhance the growth of the suburban practices. The plan has proven successful in increasing patient access, and increasing physician productivity (measured by increased patient volume and revenue). In addition, plan has resulted in improved corporate compliance, as well as increased efficiency through strategic utilization of current staff to ensure maximum coverage of practices.
• Development and management of departmental operating and capital budgets. Generate monthly and annual financial reports for each of the 10 locations and individual physicians, based on budgeted revenue and volume targets. Monitor accounts payable, purchasing, and requisition functions.
• Oversee billing functions to address revenue cycle management issues that include lag time, charge entry, payment posting, account receivable management, and patient account reconciliations.
• Address patient complaints and concerns to ensure improvements in level of customer service and quality of patient care.
MedStar Health, Washington, DC 2006 - 2007
Project Analyst, Corporate Benefits Department
• Position focused on increasing KPIs for Customer Service during peak volume, benefit enrollment periods and creating more effective benefit campaign administration M&Ps (Methods and Procedures). Findings reports were created utilizing industry proven performance metrics and actual call volume data, including but not limited to: amount of calls, questions asked by employees, and time necessary to address employee issues. The findings reports were utilized by MedStar's Corporate Benefits department to address areas of employee education through information distribution prior to a benefit campaign launch, techniques to increase enrollments while decreasing time associated with enrollment activities, as well as decreasing the need for customer service intervention.
Georgetown University, Washington, DC 2005 - 2006
Graduate Assistant, Department of Health Systems Administration
• Book research initiative focused on implications of unions in healthcare organizations for Gary L. Filerman, prominent author and Doctor of Philosophy. Position entailed surveying state hospital associations pertaining to union trends in hospitals.
• Position also required serving as principal international liaison between Georgetown University and several organizations in Chiapas, Mexico in order to cultivate professional alliances for the purposes of advancing the quality of life in Chiapas, as well as advancing learning and research objectives of Georgetown University.
Saint Michael's College, Colchester, VT 2004 - 2005
Chapter Liaison, Saint Michael’s College Student Global AIDS Campaign
• The position involved serving as official liaison between the Saint Michael’s College Student Global AIDS Campaign chapter and the National Student Global AIDS Campaign organization, compiling and distributing news and information from national level to chapter, and event coordination.
Resident Coordinator, Saint Michael’s College Residence Life
• Planned and executed social and educational programs, enforced college policy, encouraged and implemented community atmosphere in upperclassmen areas, and worked with other staff members on monthly events and newsletters.
Saint Michael's College, Colchester, VT 2002 - 2004
Resident Assistant, Saint Michael’s College Residence Life
• Reinforced the policies of the college in first year areas, organized and executed educational and social programs, and worked with other members in maintaining a community in first year areas.
• Microsoft Windows
• Excellent Leadership Skills
• Team Player
• Strong Interpersonal Skills