JOHN R. DAVENPORT
Moline, IL 61265
June 2012- Present (As needed basis)
Set up/Tear down/Sound/Lighting – for event set up. Extra help for all types of indoor and outdoor events.
2011 – Present (Part time – 30+ hours per week, all shifts)
Schnucks Grocery Store
Meat Department – Apprentice meat cutter, meat counter sales/service. Cut and trim various types of meat as directed by company standards, price and display product in cases as directed by Meat Manager or Meat Supervisor, maintain a clean and sanitary work, display, and storage areas, communicate temperature failure of cases and storage areas to manager in charge, maintain good customer service relations by providing prompt and courteous service at all times, observe policies and procedures established by the department, observe all local, state, and federal health weights and measures laws, and abide by all company policies stated in the Employee Handbook. Responsibilities also include utilizing machines to cut, wrap, and package meat, process special orders, receive, weigh, and breakdown meats and related products, maintain operating equipment and follow OSHA regulations. Knowledge of food safety as related to storing temperatures, reading of food thermometers, handling, serving, and storing of cooked foods. Experience with sanitization methods, food storage, safe temperatures, safe handling, food equipment, etc.
Jan 2011 – Jul 20`1(Part time – 20 hours per week, early mornings)
ACT II Limousine Service
Coal Valley, IL
Detail and maintenance of all vehicles and busses. Clean all vehicles and perform standard mechanical maintenance such as oil changes, battery checks, fluid check and replacements, tires, etc. Wash and vacuum vehicles on a daily basis. Maintain a clean and save working environment at all times.
U.S. Marine Corp
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD / Camp LeJeune, NC
Experience included repair and calibration of weapon and weapon systems optical sights. Worked in a “shop” environment and was also responsible for tool inventory, tool crib, ordering supplies and services, as well as training new Marines. I have been trained in welding and have also approximately 9 months as a cook in the Marine Corp Brig Dining Facility, Camp LeJeune.
• Oxyacetylene welding, and experience in Stick only.
• Electro Optical maintenance and repair– troubleshoot and repair M1A1 Abrams Tanks, Soder, LAV-AT and LAV-25’s, M198 Towed Howitzer, Image Intensified and Thermal Vision equipment, Javelin Missile sites, TOW 2 and Sabre missile sets, and Tbird Echelon Testing Sets.
o Maintenance and repair to ground ordnance laser and night vision devices
o Performed mechanical, mechanical-optical and electrical repairs
o Inspection, troubleshooting and adjusting fire control instruments and systems
• Experience with measurements, solid shop math skills and experience with variety of equipment and processes.
• Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel.
• Monitor tool and the condition and maintenance of shops to ensure adequate working conditions.
• Compile operational records, such as time and production records, inventory data, repair and maintenance statistics, and test results.
• Implement, and evaluate maintenance policies and procedures..
• Examine objects, systems, or facilities, and analyze information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs.
• Conduct or arrange for worker training in safety, repair, and maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use.
• Cook at the Marine Corp Correctional Brig, Dining Facility, Camp LeJeune, NC
Grocery store environment, bagged groceries, assisted with stocking shelves, etc.
Moline High School