Lisa R. Phillips
**** *.*. **** **** • Coconut Creek, Florida 33073 •
• PROPERTY MANAGEMENT • RESIDENT RELATIONS •
Property Manager with more than 20 years of multifaceted background in the real estate industry, including all areas of residential property management and maintenance. Experienced in all administrative and financial functions, as well as serving as prime liaison between management and residents. Responsibilities included marketing, maintenance, development, resident relations and lease administration. Experienced in short and long-range planning, implementing policies and standards with P & L accountability. Oversaw renovation projects with upwards of $3 million budgets. Developed strong working relationships with all outsourced maintenance firms in all building trades, as well as implemented effective marketing strategies to maximize occupancy.
Skill and ability in multi-task operational management of residential apartment communities, including staffing, supervision, vendor negotiations and rent collection, with a proven track record of enhancing occupancy rates and consistently overachieving income objectives and profit growth. Executive accountability for asset maintenance, renovations, repair and upkeep.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Diversified results-oriented experience in apartment leasing and property management.
• Broad exposure and capabilities in a variety of related areas, including budgeting, team mentoring/management, resident relations and providing "total quality service."
• Extensive experience in overseeing property renovation, repair and maintenance, as well as negotiating with contractors and trades people.
• Strong time-management and exceptional multi-tasking skills.
• Substantial supervisory experience and the resolution of both technical and non-technical problems.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
RELIANCE HOUSING SERVICES, LLC, FT. LAUDERDALE, FL
Regional Property Manager – (5/09 – 11/09)
▪ Oversee a portfolio of 7 apartment communities, comprised of 1500 rental units in Ft. Lauderdale, New Orleans, and
St. Thomas & St. John in the Virgin Islands. Employed by a nonprofit organization- 501(c)(3).
▪ Knowledge of affordable tax credit properties, including governmental agency reporting and compliance.
▪ Lease up experience in Ft. Lauderdale, New Orleans and St John, VI- both Market Rate and Affordable.
▪ Pro-active communication and correspondence with lenders regarding financial & market conditions.
▪ Assumed responsibilities for administration of contracts and permits; on-going litigation claims; and
▪ Commercial Property Management of owned and leased warehouse facilities.
CAPREIT, INC., ROCKVILLE, MD 7/88 –3/08
Regional Property Manager - Florida (1/98 – 3/08)
• Oversaw all areas of leasing and management operations for a portfolio of 10 apartment communities, comprised of 3300 rental units in the state of Florida, including Ft. Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Miami, Key West, Naples/Ft. Myers, Tampa, Bradenton, Orlando, Ocala and Jacksonville.
• Directed day-to-day operations with ongoing coordination with individual Managers, as well as monitored a collective staff of 90 employees.
• Experienced with Florida bonded property communities, in addition to condo conversion experience.
• Extensive travel to on-site visits for personal inspection and appraisal of building and individual units to maintain quality standards and move-in condition.
• Recipient of “Satisfacts” Awards for superior and exceptional performance for customer service and satisfaction.
L. PHILLIPS – PAGE 2
• Examined requirements and implemented company policies, procedures, plans and internal controls to efficiently guide operations.
• Oversaw maintenance and extensive renovation projects, with budgets upwards of $3 million each site.
• Negotiated vendor contracts, obtained and reviewed bids for capital improvements and regular maintenance.
• Negotiated contracts and leases and successfully maintained occupancy to a steady 90 – 100% rate.
• Analyzed property market in Florida, competitive pricing and demographic factors to identify opportunities for occupancy and revenue increase.
• Administered budgets and analyzed/identified opportunities for reduction in operating costs.
• Directed resident relations program, to provide quality service and effectively resolved resident concerns.
• Assisted with due diligence process for company’s acquisition of new properties.
• Worked with management team to facilitate condo conversions in Bonita Springs, Naples and Lake Worth, FL
Area Manager (1/94 – 1/98)
• Managed operations for multi- site properties in South Florida , including Westwood Pines, 200 units, in Tamarac; Pine View Lakes, 192 units, Coconut Creek and Ocean Walk Apartments, 300 units in Key West.
• Served as on-site Property Manager at Tivoli Lakes Club, a 272 unit community in Deerfield Beach.
Assistant Property Manager/Leasing Consultant (7/88 – 1/94)
• Initial employment with company as Assistant Property Manager and Leasing Consultant at St. Clair Village in Belleville, IL, with progressive advancement to higher management positions of greater responsibilities.
ILLINOIS STATE UNIVERSITY, NORMAL, IL
Bachelor of Science Degree
Major: Business Administration & Finance
GPA: 3.75 Dean’s List
SKILLS: Computer proficient: MS Word; Excel; Outlook; Yardi; AMSI - Esite/Epo/Navision; Rent Grow; First Advantage Saferent; Spring CM-Shared Document Program; Certified Analyst-Activity Vector Analysis (AVA)
REFERENCES: Available upon request