JAMES “JAY” FREEO
Doylestown, PA ● email@example.com ● 434-***-****
GLOBAL SENIOR CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
BUILDING ● HEAVY ● PRIVATE ● MUNICIPAL ● STATE ● FEDERAL ● INTERNATIONAL
RESCUES & DELIVERS COMPLEX, MISSION-CRITICAL, HIGH-PROFILE PROJECTS
Recognized senior construction manager with excellent communication and presentation skills possesses a reputation for delivering a wide range of challenging large scale projects, many of which are underperforming and failed high-profile projects under adverse conditions including dissatisfied owners. Successfully identifies issues and risks, prepares aggressive schedules to effectively plan and execute the work, procures and manages resources to ensure the schedule and financial objectives are met and has a strong track record of owner satisfaction.
Proven ability to forge trusting interpersonal relationships with management, staff and customers in diverse settings based on a respectful and tactful approach, honest communication, and proactive problem solving.
Client Management Expectation Budget Planning Bid Preparation
Account Management Cost & Expense Control Estimating
Project Management Operations Management Design/Build Contract Negotiations Staff Management/ Team Leadership Project Scope
RFP Development Risk Mitigation Project Rescue
Vendor & Subcontract Management CPM Scheduling P&L Responsibility
Perini Management Services, Framingham, MA 2001 to Present
Perini Surety Services delivers U.S. Government sponsored and global construction projects including Design/Build Construction, Secure Facilities, Rapid Response Construction Management Services, and at Remote Locations & Under Adverse Conditions.
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER. RAPID RESPONSE CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT & COMPLETION
Hired with full responsibility to deliver projects for surety companies at multiple sites throughout the U.S. Evaluates unique construction, design, contractual and legal challenges posed by restarting defaulted construction projects under challenging conditions with projects severely behind schedule and liquidated damages being assessed.
Successfully rescues and delivers failed mission-critical, complex projects under aggressive timelines:
• Andrews Air Force Base, Maryland. PCC replacement of the entire west runway and improvements.
• High-Energy Propellant Fragment Facility, Picatinny Arsenal, NJ. Rescued design/build project for the US Army Corps of Engineers. Completed construction of 16 R&D and munitions storage facilities with numerous latent defects. Worked closely with the A/E and owner to develop effective design solutions.
• Pyrotechnic Research and Development Facility, Picatinny Arsenal, NJ. Re-started and delivered the state-of-the-art R&D facility for the US Military. Received the “AWARD OF EXCELLENCE” from both the US Army Corps of Engineers NY District and North Atlantic Division.
• Aircraft Acoustical Enclosure (Hush House), Beaufort, SC. US Navy initiative included the demolition and reconstruction of concrete foundations, design and construction on a specialized, state-of-the-art, high tolerance, sound-proof hangar, augmenter and 50’ exhaust stack to perform indoor testing of military jets at full throttle.
• Hurricane Remediation, Southeastern Technical College, Vidalia, GA. Collaborated with the college to successfully identify source of water infiltration, remove water and mold damage, and restore classrooms and meeting rooms to original condition on a very tight schedule while classes were in recess.
• Community Center, Lincoln City, OR. Coordinated closely with the City Manager to complete interior finishes for large gymnasium with running track, locker rooms and pool.
• Legislative State Building Restoration, Olympia, WA. Successfully completed contract to protect historic fabric and interior structural renovations to the State Capitol Building.
• Governor’s Gate Condominiums, Pensacola, FL. Successfully delivered 96 high-end condominium units.
• U.S. Coast Guard Personnel Housing, Old San Juan, Puerto Rico. Completely rebuilt and completed two 3-story dormitories, kitchen and dining facility, and recreation area at this high profile entrance to the harbor.
JAMES ‘JAY’ FREEO-page two
OWNER 1996 to 2000
Established and fully responsible for all operations of entrepreneurial direct market organic farm.
Dillingham Construction Corporation 1979 to 1995
Global construction firm provides general construction, design/build, construction management, maintenance, and emergency response services. Projects have included office buildings, site security upgrades, airports, highways, dams, and tunnels.
Successfully delivered mission-critical, high-profile US Government projects:
• U.S. Embassy Facilities, Republic of Singapore. $33M, self-performed, 114,000 sf, 5-story chancery office building, U.S. Marine guard quarters, physical and technical security systems, CAA, and site infrastructure over 8 acre site.
• U.S. Embassy Chancery Building, La Paz, Bolivia. $30M design/build, self-performed, 91,000 sf, 9-story office building with perimeter and building security systems, CAA, landscaping and paving on 5 acre site.
GENERAL FIELD SUPERINTENDENT
• U.S. Embassy Office Building Annex, Tegucigalpa, Honduras $22M, self-performed, 67,000 sf, 5-story reinforced concrete office building and upgrade of site security. Project Engineer for first year of the project.
• U.S. Embassy Perimeter Security Upgrade, Nicosia, Cyprus. Monitored engineering design and equipment procurement. Directed construction for perimeter security and access control retrofit.
OFFICE DESIGN & FIELD ENGINEER
• Masirah Island Air Base Expansion Project, Oman. Initiatives included cost control, scheduling, demobilization, and handover for two-phase $115M U.S. Army Corp of Engineers design/build construction project, including runways, aircraft shelters, dormitories, warehouses, terminals and utilities. Chief Engineer provided home office support including design, shop drawing approval, material procurement and subcontracts.
• Ramon Air Base Project, Negev Desert, Israel. Supervised concrete lift and mechanical spool drawing departments to support field operations for $502M U.S. Army Corps of Engineers high-tech design/build military airbase.
• Warm Springs Dam Project, Healdsburg, CA. Ensured quantity and cost control for $157M earth fill dam project for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, Pennsylvania State University
Construction Quality Management for Contractors, US Army Corps of Engineers
Primavera CPM Scheduling Seminar Training
OSHA 30 Certification
Construction Project Management, Construction Law, Welding Technology, Excel
US Government “Secret” Security Clearance
Habitat for Humanity
Adopt A Highway
Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Outlook, Primavera, SureTraK