TAORID ASHIRU M.Eng.
**** **** ****** **, *******, Alberta. Canada T2M4H4
Summary of Qualifications
• Masters in Engineering Management and Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
• Excellent Knowledge of PMBOK Methodologies and PMI processes and techniques
• Risk Management: Ability to identify common business risks and key issues & benefits of risk management practices.
• Knowledgeable about groundwater projects, contaminated site assessment, sustainability, reclamation and environmental management.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office suite, MS Projects, EPM, SharePoint and AutoCAD
• 5yrs of experience in Project Management and direct experience in project planning and execution, project coordination, stakeholder relationship management, document control, contract and construction management.
• Knowledgeable of the principles and practice of Quality Management and the implementation and improvement of management systems.
• Managed a team of 5+ for various infrastructure development projects
• Experience in Engineering, Procurement and Construction with oil and gas facilities
• Good Knowledge of ISO 9000, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards
• Knowledgeable on SAP business Objects and SCADA systems
Canadian Commercial Corporation, Ottawa
Project Manager (M. Eng Project) March 2012 – April 2012
Lesson Learned- ADP Payroll Project
• Conducted a one on one interview with the project manager in charge of the ADP Payroll project for CCC.
• A questionnaire was developed to ascertain what went wrong and to help prepare the lesson learned report
• Key recommendations were made to improve upon future project delivery, including establishing a corporate project management methodology, implementing a project manager training program, and creating a corporate lessons-learned database.
Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa
Business Analyst (M. Eng Project) January 2012 – February 2012
Electronic Monitoring Tool for the Antimicrobial Stewardship Program of the Ottawa Hospital.
• Developed a project plan for the Electronic monitoring tool for the antimicrobial stewardship program of the Ottawa Hospital.
• Using existing hospital infrastructure (data warehouse, business intelligence tool, PCs, etc.) to develop an electronic monitoring tool for evaluating and measuring the appropriateness of antimicrobial use at the nursing unit level across the hospital.
• Project Initiation to Execution: WBS, Scheduling, Resource Planning, Estimating
GE Oil & Gas
Project Quality Coordinator November 2006 – September 2011
• Experienced in working with Comprehensive job preplanning including all logistics, tooling, Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS), & technical work scopes applicable to assignments
• Use of company e-tools to retrieve technical documents and management of packing list, bill of materials, drawings, prior job reports etc.
• Developed project plans, charters, scope document and design document to meet stakeholder’s requirements.
• Supervised, trained and motivated technicians to achieve project objectives.
• Developed presentation drawings and coordinate drawings with other disciplines.
• Managed, maintain and supported the reliability of the systems, equipment, properties and assets in the facility.
• Overseeing development/monitoring of facilities maintenance program and verification of construction inspection activities.
• Provide mentorship, development & guidance of less experienced peers
• Timely completion of all post job and administrative duties including but not limited to customer and service reports, timesheets, job debriefs and tooling tracking.
• Ensure safe & compliant performance of all activities inline with the company and our customer environmental health & Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures
• Uncompromising integrity to ensure 100% compliance with regulatory and company rules and requirements
• Assisted in the development of design development drawings using AutoCAD for various projects.
• Implementing and coordinating of vendor assesmanet, and inspection ativities
• Support HSE manager in developing and implementing an HSE program within GE’s business lines and units.
Field Service Engineer March 2004 – October 2006
Assisted in preparation of work, status or problem reports to customer or project. Assisted in planning of shipping Vetco Gray equipment from offshore or customer site. Made sure relevant equipment and tools are checked out and available. Managed the delivery process including developing creative/alternative approaches to problem resolution.
• Provide technical support for ongoing well operations
• Assist in preparing cost estimate supplements when required in a timely manner
• Perform various engineering activities and compile procedures for each project
• Perform risk assessment and ensure safety regulations are followed and adhered to on each project site
• Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future issues
• Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment
• The proactive interface between all functions of the company and our customers concerning technical, operational & EHS challenges as applicable to any assignment
• Provide leadership and technical assistance to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
• Ensure product performance through consistent monitoring of metrics and objectives are met
• Ensure construction and maintenance activities remain on schedule and within budget
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
Engineering Assistant-Project management (NYSC) March 2003 – February 2004
• Assisted in reviewing technical bid documents and other project requirements like drawings and other specifications
• Supervised sub-projects to ensure that milestones are met, and presented status reports
• Supported contract management processes during tendering, prequalification and technical bid stages
• Partook in various decision making meetings including negotiations with oil producing companies
• Worked with discipline engineers on general technical project management
• Liaised with potential EPC contractors on addendum, clarifications and important project guidelines
• Relationship management activities involving direct customer contacts with various clients.
• Risk management, involving risk identification and how to obtain information on risk management practices.
• Worked with vendors and OEM’s to ensure smooth integration of system requirements.
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
CADD Engineer (Internship) February 2001 – August 2001
Worked as trainee CADD Engineer using AutoCAD and Microstation in the design of offshore structural platform. I Participated in BONGA offshore platform design and major oil and gas projects supporting multi-nationals like Mobil Nigeria and Chevron Nigeria.
• Liaised with potential EPC contractors on addendum, clarifications and important project guidelines.
• Performed administrative and record keeping functions of important project documents, archiving, printing and registering internal, external and CAD data/documents.
M. Eng. Engineering Management, University of Ottawa 2011-2012
B. Sc. Civil Engineering, University of Ibadan 1997-2002