Phone – 214-***-**** E-mail: email@example.com
• 5 years of extensive experience in Supply Chain/Manufacturing/Production Planning & Materials Management.
• Hands on Experience in SAP R/3 with Forecasting, Consumption Based Planning, Inventory management, Purchasing of the Materials Management module & Project Systems Module.
• Experience in Executing MRP, Bill of Materials (BOM) and Master Scheduling and Capacity Planning.
• Lean Manufacturing Experience with Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement Tools and Techniques.
• Certified Six Sigma Green Belt from American Society for Quality (ASQ) and Pursuing CPIM from APICS.
• Certified Lean Practitioner by Wichita State University.
Supply Chain Research Assistant: Clients: Boeing, Hawker Beachcraft & Spirit Aero Systems,
Employer (Wichita State University). Wichita, KS Aug’07 - present
• Designed and Developed Metadata Enabled Systems Thinking Tool’ (MESTT) tool for Supply Chain Managers in Hawker Beechcraft, Boeing and Spirit Companies.
• Managed the Supply Chain data in an existing system like ERP/PLM/PDM/SCM using the MESTT tool and organizing the complex data in a systemic and structured way for problem solving and decision making.
• Involved in Developing Supply Chain Model based on SCOR Model using MESTT tool.
• Determined the complex interdependencies among Plan, Source, Make, Deliver and Return of the SCOR Model.
• Using Interpretive Structural Modeling for Supply Chain Logistics Data and performing Systems Analysis for analyzing complex Interdependencies of the supply chain network
• Involved in improving the Structure of the supply chain system by reducing the complexity.
Lean Manufacturing Student Engineer Project: Learjet Bombardier. Wichita, KS. Aug’07 – December’07
• Detailed present state and future state value stream maps (VSMs) for materials management department.
• Conducted detailed time and motion study reports for material handling (from docks to stocks).
• Implemented 5S and Kaizen for the process improvement in the materials handling section.
• Reduced Lead time from 8 days to 3 days for the Processes from docks to stocks.
• Developed storing system by part families (standardization) ,mistake proofing (Poka –Yoke)
• Ascertained TAKT time for Material Request Vouchers for receiving, quality inspection, and storing and data entry.
Manufacturing/Production Planning Engineer, Falcon Tyres Limited, India July’ 05 – July’07
• Analyze Demand Forecasts, Review S&OP Documents by Interacting with Sales & Marketing.
• Measure actual to forecast supply and demand, and provide recommendations for appropriate inventory levels and decrease inventory levels by 12-14%.
• Work with Master Production Schedule (MPS), Process BOM & Executing MRP for Production in SAP R/3.
• Evaluating the requirements & processing planned orders into purchase requisitions.
• Increasing order efficiency by 18-20% and reducing process times by 10%.
• Increase Customer Service levels by 22% by decreasing the lead time from Stocking to Shipping
• Working with RFQ’s from vendors and performing vendor evaluation and processing purchase orders.
• Performing Supplier Quality Procedures through PPAP by interacting with Quality Department.
• Scheduling/Expediting Vendor consignment stock materials by interacting with suppliers on a regular basis.
• Inventory Management of the Procured materials such as goods issues, goods receipt and entering into G/L Accounts and maintaining the stock levels in the warehouses and SKU’s.
• Performing ABC analysis for cycle counting & maintaining physical inventory documents in SAP R/3 Materials management module.
• Update the ERP system to adjust inventory levels to meet overall demand, including reorder points, reorder quantities and safety stock.
• Tracking Raw Material, WIP and Finished goods Inventory in SAP and Optimize inventory levels.
• Sub contracting some parts to 3rd party suppliers (3PL) through transfer posting & stock transfers to other plants.
• Materials invoicing and verification against purchase orders, G/L Accounts and entering and updating the logistics information systems in SAP Materials management module.
• Involving with cross functional teams for continuous improvement Lean implementation projects and involving suppliers for Total quality management.
• Decreasing Overall Lead time by 8% by applying JIT, Kanban, Lean manufacturing strategies.
• Applying Mixed Model VSM’s for the Production with the help of Heijunka Boards for Production Leveling.
Manufacturing Trainee Engineer, Falcon Tyres Ltd, India. Jan’ 05 – July’05.
• Training in Materials Management, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Supply Chain Management (SCM) tools like SAP R/3 for carrying out business processes in an organization.
• Training in Consumption based Planning, Purchasing, Inventory Management, Costing/Material Ledger, Invoicing, Vendor evaluation systems of Materials Management module of SAP R/3.
• Training in Quality, ISO 9000/TS 16949, ISO 14001 Quality Standards, PPAP and Continuous improvement with Lean manufacturing Strategies and techniques such as Kaizen, 5S, Reduction in Lead time and Set up time of the Processes.
• Facilitate the coordination of an integrated Materials Requirement Plan (MRP) of the supply chain across plants.
• Involved in Capacity Planning for the shop floor activities by interacting with Sales Department and giving Production schedules for the Production Department
• Plan, Prepare work schedules for the shop floor and control production schedules and coordinating with Material requirements to ensure production requirements.
• Reporting higher management with status of work in progress (WIP), Inventory, equipments and personnel needed on time for the production.
M.S. (Industrial Engineering) – Wichita State University, Wichita, KS. (GPA 3.66/4.0) Present
B.S. (Industrial & Production) − Visvesvaraya Technological University, India. (GPA 3.66/4.0) May ‘06
MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project), SAP/R3 (Material Management), eVSM, MS Visio 2003, CORE(Requirements Management Tool), Basics of SQL Database Software, Statgraphics 5.0, Basics in Visual Basic 2005 and VB in Excel Macros, Solid Works & AutoCAD Software.
Supply Chain & Logistics Management, Lean Manufacturing, Operations Research, Quality Engineering, Production & Operations Management, Statistical Methods, Systems Engineering & Analysis, Project Management, Industrial Ergonomics.
Certifications, Awards, Honors, Affiliations & Positions of Responsibility:
• Certified Six Sigma Green Belt From American Society for Quality (ASQ)
• Vice President, APICS – S232, Wichita State University chapter (Platinum Chapter) Spring & Fall ‘08
• Randall chambers AD Astra Kansas Award for Excellence and innovation in engineering at the Wichita State University 2008 Engineering Open House. Spring ‘08
• Won 2nd place in the 2008 Graduate competition of paper entry conducted by APICS Terra Grande and Heartland Districts, the paper was on ‘Manufacturing Execution Systems Integrated with ERP & Six Sigma for Process Improvements’.