Registered Pharmacist with 4 years experience seeking drug safety position where my proven communication skills, organizational experience and extensive knowledge of pharmacy can be used for the well-being of the company.
• Superior communication skills in both written and oral forms
• Ability to interact constructively with patients and health care professionals
• Proven experience of adverse drug reporting
• Huge knowledge of medical terminology
• Capable to work independently and as a part of a dynamic team
• Extensive experience in conducting research and excellent computer skills
M.S. in Pharmaceutical Administration, Long Island University NY (GPA: 3.96/4.0)
NJ Pharmacist License (Active & in good standing)
NJ Immunizing Pharmacist, March 2012
BLS for Health Care Provider, June 2012
Stelton Pharmacy, Piscataway NJ
Graduate Pharmacist Intern
• Worked under direct supervision and in accordance with standard procedures: prescription order data entry, dispensed, compounded, procured and stored pharmacy products.
• Provided patient counseling under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
• Maintained appropriate records of dispensing.
• Answered drug related queries and provided product information to customers.
Long Island University, Brooklyn NY
Graduate Assistant & Research Assistant
• Assisted in manuscript writing for research publication.
• Co-authored Asthma Education Module for health care practitioners and students.
• Researched and analyzed projects in areas of social and behavioral sciences.
• Organized and coordinated various classroom activities for undergraduate students.
Government Health Clinic, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2007 - 2009
Registered Pharmacist in-Charge
• Provided pharmaceutical product information and education to health care professionals and patients.
• Reported and documented adverse drug events according to professional standards.
• Expanded pharmacy educational services from individual to group patient counseling.
• Coordinated a workshop as a speaker in a National level Public Health Campaign “Quality Use of Medicine” and participated as a drug counselor in community-based health campaigns.
• Streamlined drug-inventory management system to reduce waste (0% expired drugs in stock and optimum turn-over rate).
• Ensured good customer service is provided to all patients by carrying out quarterly survey on customers’ satisfaction.
• Assumed the responsibility of medication-related work by pharmacy technicians and supportive personnel and ensured compliance with all laws and regulations governing the operation of the pharmacy.
National University Hospital Malaysia
2006 – 2007
Hospital Staff Pharmacist
• Processed, reviewed and dispensed medications according to inpatient physicians’ orders and outpatient prescriptions.
• Actively participated in clinical review of patient’s medication therapy to ensure appropriate pharmaceutical care and management is given.
• Provided medication therapy management in anticoagulation clinic.
• Supplied medication information and education to patients and other health care professionals in a prompt and accurate manner.
• Provided patient counseling in both inpatient and outpatient setting.
• Compounded extemporaneous prescriptions by following professional standards.
• Participated in therapeutic drug monitoring (pharmacokinetic), TPN/ IV mixture/chemotherapy preparation.
Micromerchants-PrimeRx computer system
McKesson Pharmacy Management System
Second language: Chinese, Malay
Rho Chi Honor Society Award (National Pharmaceutical Honor Society).