SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Highly motivated and results-oriented portfolio accounting professional possessing exceptional communication and problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects that blend creativity with strong analytical skills. Extensive experience liaising with Research, Marketing and Senior Management to produce meaningful reports and presentations.
MANHATTAN MODERN MANAGEMENT, INC. – New York, New York 2012 - present
Responsible for maintaining property accounting records for over twenty properties, including A/P and A/R. Prepare monthly financial statements for each property, along with projections for cash needs, budgets and ad hoc client reports. Assist auditors in annual audits and quarterly tax preparation. Research and resolve discrepancies with vendors and customers.
KENMAR GROUP INC. – Rye Brook, New York 2002 – 2009
Senior Fund Accountant – Fund Administration
Held position with increasing responsibility within boutique hedge fund of funds Administration/Fund Accounting Department, reporting to the Senior Vice President.
• Involved extensively in the review and completion of annual audited financial reports for offshore funds along with Ks and Qs for onshore funds, in compliance with accounting standards and recent pronouncements.
• Developed proprietary system with internal IT department which calculated asset distribution and performance attribution used for reports generated for distribution to Marketing and Research.
• Produced numerous performance analysis reports for Marketing and Research along with providing information for RFPs and due diligence questionnaires.
• Assisted in the monthly allocation process. Implemented the decisions communicated to the Administration Department by the Investment Committee. Calculated new trading sizes, contacted underlying managers and administrators with updated trading sizes and subscriptions or redemptions.
• Monitored cash flow of funds and redemption deadlines of underlying managers to ensure timely payments of redemptions and fees.
• Communicated with Administrator of all in-house funds regarding monthly fund closes, new funds and valuations. Resolved issues regarding accruals, valuations, fee calculations, scheduling or any others that arose.
• Recalculated all fees according to fund documents.
• Supervised Junior accountants.
JOHN W. HENRY & COMPANY, INC. – Westport, Connecticut 1993 – 2000
Project Manager – Marketing 2000
Promoted by one of the largest managed futures advisement firms in the world to coordinate project progress and development with the VP of Marketing and the marketing, investment support, sales, and legal departments, in addition to any outside contractors involved in design, printing, or distribution. Researched reliable sources such as the daily global market and other news sources to analyze and explain recent performances and occurrences in the industry.
• Calculated correlation coefficients, standard deviations, annualized rates of return, and any other statistical analysis required by the sales department or firm executives.
• Published periodic performance reviews, standard sales presentations, and competitive analyses for internal and external users and clients.
• Conducted an analysis of competitors’ fee structures to facilitate the Chief Operating Officer’s review and modification of the company fee structure.
Performance Analyst – Investment Support 1993 – 2000
Selected to maintain futures trading portfolios including trade input, account reconciliation, verification of periodic rates of return, and account component analysis. Trained and mentored new members of the department.
• Key role in replacing a system of spreadsheets with a custom-made accounting and reconciliation application that was more accurate, increased productivity, had better reporting features, and improved regulatory compliance.
• Coordinated the review of portfolio results between investment support and marketing departments for company publications and client letters.
WRIGHT INVESTOR’S SERVICE – Bridgeport, Connecticut 1992 – 1993
Account Auditor – Managed Accounts
Challenged by this investment firm and founder of a family of mutual funds to reconcile client accounts, input mutual funds trades, and prepare holdings statements. Prepared client statements and account analyses as needed.
• Responsible for verifying the monthly, quarterly, and annual rates of return for over 1,000 accounts comprised of stocks, bonds, mortgage-backed securities, and mutual funds with a net asset value in excess of $600 million.
• Reviewed company mutual fund portfolios for share discrepancies and verified equities with custodian banks.
SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY – Fairfield, Connecticut 1988 – 1991
Credits earned toward Master of Business Administration in Finance
SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY – Fairfield, Connecticut 1988
Bachelor of Science in Finance and Business Management
Familiar with all Microsoft Office.
Excellent Excel skills.
Exposure to Pertrac, Bloomberg, QuickBooks.
Very comfortable learning new software.