~ AUDIT MANAGER/SUPERVISOR/AUDIT CONSULTANT ~
Operational strategist, detail-oriented, and seasoned manager with more than 15 years of extensive financial audit and consultancy experience; analyzing financial condition of organizations and instituting the necessary endeavors to improve profitability and shareholder’s value.
- Possess solid track record of complying with government and regulatory standards in complex, globally charged settings requiring keen business acumen.
- Adept in project management functions, including auditability assessments, quality control over financial statement audits, and development and compilation of financial statements that enhance systems, workflow applications.
- Equipped with proven ability to liaise with all levels of the organization; with superior interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with clients, employees, colleagues, and supervisors.
- Maintain high level of integrity and professionalism; with an active federal security clearance.
- Demonstrate excellent business judgment, along with superior analytical and problem-solving skills to ensure the completion of comprehensive and accurate findings reports.
External Audit and Consulting
Federal Government Agency Audits
Financial Statements Auditing
DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY, TRANSPORTATION SECURITY ADMINISTRATION - Arlington, VA
Consultant, GMG Management Consulting 2011–Present
Consultant, T. Curtis and Company/Grant Thornton 2008–2010
Capitalized on industry expertise to provide a variety of advisory services to the Office of Financial Management in the preparation and calculation of the real property accounting process, including maintenance of real property subsidiary schedules, lease review and determination, and drafting of footnote disclosures. Recommend ways to address findings/issues communicated by auditors. Prepare monthly journal entries on project progress, depreciation of buildings, and other structures and leasehold improvements.
- Resolved long-standing audit material weaknesses and significant deficiencies in accounts payable.
- Calculated over eight accounts payable categories and reviewed subsequent disbursement testing; as well as quarterly accounts payable accrual for various categories in FY 2009, FY 2010.
- Engaged in developing an electronic SF-133, which complied with FY 2009 Treasury requirements.
- Addressed questions of and interacted with auditors during the FY 2009 through FY 2012 financial statement audits.
- Enabled FMAG personnel to accurately identify leases; prepare real property journal entries and financial statement disclosures; as well as perform first and second level reviews of disbursement testing.
- Authored the Accounts Payable Internal Standard Operating Procedures.
RACHLIN LLP (NOW MARCUM LL) - Miami, FL
Audit Principal 2007–2008
Led and mentored staff in conducting financial statement audits for various clients. Developed audit reports based on comprehensive review of work papers and functioned as the go-to-person for clients daily.
- Ensured strict compliance of financial statement audits conducted for local government and not-for-profit organizations with generally accepted and government auditing standards.
UHY LLP (MERGED WITH CLIFTONLARSONALLEN) - Washington, DC
Audit Principal (started as Staff Auditor) 1994–2007
Promoted to handle increasing responsibilities; supervised staff to manage auditability assessments and financial statement audits based on auditing standards.
- Proactively participated in financial statement audits and/or auditability assessments of several federal government agencies between 1995 and 2006; which included substantive, internal control and compliance with laws and regulations procedures.
- Prepared all audit and auditability assessment reports and presented findings on internal control issues identified to client management as well as to Audit Committee members.
- Provided expert oversight to 7 staff to properly execute financial audit aspects of engagements for a client worth $1B in annual revenue.
- Reviewed two insurance programs; developed procedures that analyzed multiple years of payroll, expenses and revenue source transactions.
- Prepared findings and recommendations, including dollar amount errors, internal control weaknesses, and noncompliance with terms of contracts.
- Pioneered the creation of the company’s telework program, approved by management to be institutionalized and supervised the staff that relocated to other areas.
- Rendered support in preparing and compiling CFO Act financial statement preparation procedures for the Federal Trade Commission.
BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN ACCOUNTING: 1994
Siena College - Loudonville, NY
Certified Public Accounting: Florida (Active) and New York (For Renewal)
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants | Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access) IDEA Data Extraction Software