Accomplished finance professional with over 15 years management experience for financial service, healthcare and technology enterprises.
Improve profitability through organization of financial systems and reporting to enhance company decision-making process.
Successfully decrease overall operating expenses by implementing cost-effective processes and procedures.
Demonstrate pragmatic management style, creating an environment in which company and employees can grow and prosper.
Skilled in assessing requirements, determining priorities, analyzing course of action and making adjustments for peak proficiency and profitability.
Summary of Skills
• Operations / Process Analysis
• General Accounting / Finance
• Strategic Planning
• Fiscal Report Generation • Project Management
• Predictive Modeling
• Staff Development / Training
• Process Improvement
CONSULTANT: Vanadium Interactive, Irvine, CA
January 2011 to Current
• Establish and maintain full cycle accounting processes including billing, accounts receivable and financial reporting utilizing cloud based software tools
• Work closely with company executives to identify new business opportunities and routinely participate in the sales process including RFP analysis and SOW preparation
• Review, research and negotiate insurance, health plans, benefit packages, liability coverage, Workers' Compensation, D&O and other contracts
• Developed specialized income distribution calculations and commission structures for owners and sales force
FINANCE DIRECTOR: ACS/Xerox, Long Beach, CA
December 2007 to October 2010
Monitored the financial operations of multiple lines of business in 8 locations throughout the US and overseas for this $6 billion subsidiary of the XEROX Corporation pertaining to loan origination, conversion and support services for clients including Bank of America, Wachovia, U.S. Bank and the U.S. Federal Government. Forecasted and projected loan migration, covering calculations and nal Experiencevarying operational needs throughout duration of loans.
Professional Experience (Cont.)
Reported monthly revenue estimates and expenses to senior management providing forecast variances and appropriate comments. Prepared weekly financial reviews by product line and monthly operations monitoring reports, including staff utilization and operational/volume metrics. Supervised and participated in the preparation of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and reviews.
Managed staff performing operational support services, analysis and reporting. Coordinated staff requirements, pricing and service level agreements (KPI). Analyzed and created proposal packages for competitive contract awards. Validated savings by evaluating cost optimization initiatives, such as activity based pay (ABC), process improvement, vendor evaluation and off shore efforts.
• Subsidiary doubled portfolio from 3 million to 6 million accounts. Assessed budgeting/forecasting/staffing system structures and revamped existing models to reflect current market conditions
• Redesigned model for operations, incorporating labor costs, time/motion studies and organizational structures/metrics
• Aligned office departments and increased inter department communication and data sharing utilizing MS Sharepoint
• Worked directly with departments heads and managers to create task level staffing models identifying areas for process improvement and off shoring opportunities
• Participated in the conversion of systems following Xerox's purchase of ACS
• Established unit fee proposal packages for existing clients, incorporating tiered pricing structures, multiple year scenarios and P&L impact to ACS
MANAGER, ACCOUNTING SERVICES: Nautilus Healthcare Management (Hoag), Newport Beach, CA
October 2000 to December 2007
Developed and implemented accounting, financial processes and related functions for this healthcare organization encompassing 80 physicians and 30 medical groups. Hired, trained and supervised multiple direct and indirect reports. Researched and analyzed special projects relating to physician productivity, practice expenses, overall profitability, revenue and expense forecasting, budget variance and operational efficiency. Responded directly to doctors' inquiries regarding contracts, financial and accounting issues. Established and maintained constructive relationships with clients, accounting firms and banks. Developed annual budgets for multiple locations, and supervised audits.
• Assisted with contract negotiations and provided verbal/analytical support
• Developed and implemented employee manual outlining all proper accounting procedures and client specific systems
• Researched and implemented a new accounting software program, negotiated the final purchase price and coordinated employee training
• Established compatibility with third party software products by developing program for modification and integration, decreasing the need for duplicate data entry
• Served as main liaison with IRS during audit, resulting in completely acceptable review
• Negotiated with banks for Account Fees and Merchant Accounts
FINANCIAL ANALYST: Hoag Practice Management, Inc., Newport Beach, CA
December 1999 to November 2000
Maintained financial and accounting processes for multiple stand alone medical groups. Prepared financial statements, bank reconciliations, payroll and income distribution reports. Reviewed monthly balancing processes, calculated physicians' management fees. Processed patient refunds as needed. Monitored on going profitability and performance.
• Analyzed P&L trend reports and expense tracking for physicians and medical groups
• Assisted with developing annual budgets for various practice locations
DATA/ACCOUNTING ANALYST/ACCOUNTING ANALYST II:
Hoag Memorial Presbyterian Hospital, Newport Beach, CA
November 1996 to December 1999
Responsible for general ledger preparation, accounts payable, payroll, account analysis and numerous other projects. Conducted company wide cash control audits in conjunction with Manager of Accounting Services. Maintained detailed trends and financial statements from general ledger and production reports. Performed initial variance analysis. Communicated regularly with management, staff and physicians.
• Coordinated with billing staff to streamline monthly cycles, increasing productivity and accuracy
• Completed special projects including fraud investigation, job specific trends, financial reports, market research and internal controls
• B.A. in Marketing from Vanguard University, Costa Mesa CA
• Professional Certified Trainer and Service Excellence Adviser
• Customer Learning Center License: CA Department of Insurance in Life (OH19721)
• Additional Training: Ethics-Life, Annuity Training
• MS Office Suite
• Great Plains
• Nexgen EPM,
• Hyperion Essbase
• JD Edwards
• E WorkForce Management • MS Sharepoint
• Online Document Management (ODM)
• Kauffman Broad
• Highrise • Basecamp
• Quickbooks Online