OBJECTIVE: To obtain a position as a Preschool or Kindergarten Teacher’s position.
Master of Education, Elementary Education Graduated 2012 – GPA 3.5
Summary of Qualifications
Teaching professional with method and student teaching experience obtained in an elementary school setting. Student focused academic professional with hands-on-training and the drive to educate young minds utilizing proven and new technological teaching techniques.
• Provide curriculum tutoring and guidance having academic difficulties.
• Creator of a stimulating learning environment to enhance students' attention.
• Team player and a strong, effective and motivational communicator.
Lotus Academy Elementary School, Teacher 2011-Present
• Complete lesson plans
• Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
• Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
• Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parent’s peers, and community.
Substitute Teacher Service, Inc. Substitute 2010-2011school year
Pre-school – six grade.
• The ability to follow and complete lesson plans, left by the permanent teacher.
• Maintaining safety and order while keeping students engaged by accommodating their different learning styles.
• Teaching capabilities in all subject areas from K-6
• The ability to use classroom instructional time appropriately and wisely. The ability to display problem solving, cooperative negotiating skills and conflict resolution strategies.
Kids R Special, Teacher 2009-2010 school year
• Lesson planning and organizing a range of individual and group activities, including role play, movement, dance, singing, games, arts and crafts and nature activities.
• Combining play and interactive activities with an increasing focus on early academic learning, including letter recognition, phonics, numbers and an awareness of science and nature.
• Encourage the development of a positive self-image and foster independence
• Using creative and practical skills to prepare inspiring learning materials.
Co-Manager, Mother Work Inc, 2007-2009
• Employee recruiting, training and development
• Strong communication skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment
• Control inventory level and ensure profitability, processed weekly and daily paperwork etc.
• Created, organized, and set up floor sets
• Oversaw all store operations
• Acting store manager; reported weekly to DM
Asst. Manager, Dots Clothing 2005-2007
• Supervised staff to ensure stock and store were maintained
• Successful ability to increase sales and manage controllable expenses
• Ability to utilized methods and resources set forth to achieved goals
• Successful experience networking and recruiting talented candidates to fill vacancy positions.
• P&L responsibilities
• Ability to exercise sound judgment
• Merchandising, transfer and receiving
• Supervise all staff to ensure stock, customer service, store is maintained.
• Furnish upon request