Chan “Calvin” Yoo
University of California, Santa Cruz Santa Cruz, CA
• B.S. in Molecular Cellular Development Biology
• PCR, micropipette, Gramstain, DNA fingerprinting, water quality test, isolation streak, bacteriophage isolation, restriction enzyme digest, antibiotic resistance testing, bacterial strain identification, microscopy, gel electrophoresis, Column Chromatogrphy, Affinity Chromatogrphy, SDS-Page, spectrometer, nanospectrometer, centrifuge, and population growth kinetics using antibiotics.
Mission Viejo Auto Spa – Mission Viejo, CA, June 2009 – September 2009
• Managed the cash in the cash register and the snack bar.
Miracle English Academy Dae Gu, South Korea, June2010 – September 2010
• Teach English to elementary to high school students.
University of Maryland, Cosmic Radiations – College Park, MD, July 2004 – August 2004
• Cosmic Ray Energetic And Mass (CREAM) Project
o Research and present potential solutions to the malfunctioned CREAM I project.
Su Lin CPA Inc. Irvine, CA, June 2008 – September 2008
• Worked at CPA firm while using practical accounting applications.
o Bank Reconciliation
o Personal Financial Statements
o Basic Quickbook
University of California, Santa Cruz, Bionics Lab Santa Cruz, CA, January 2011-July 2012
Position: Undergraduate researcher
• Raven surgical robot – use OpenGL to create a haptic environment
• Dental Robot –design parts for the dental robot using Solidworks
• Vicon Nexus motion capture system
o Collected data on stroke patients and healthy subjects to study the synergistic effects stroke has on upper limb movement.
o assess and reevaluate the data collected
o used python programming language to write a program to find the frequency of all the joint angles to gain a better understanding how stroke affects the subjects.
• Matt Simkins, Aimen Al-Refai, and Jacob Rosen. Upper Limb Joint Space Modeling of Stroke Induced Synergies Using Isolated And Voluntary Arm Perturbations (in progress)
• Fluent in Korean and English.
• Python programming Language- Biopython, parsing, scraping, etc.
• Auto CAD – 2 years
• SolidWorks – 1 year
• Robotic Manipulation: Forward/inverse kinematics of a robotic arm