Carlos M. Rodriguez
Houston, Texas 77083
Email : email@example.com
Seeking a Manual Machinist position with a company /organization that will allow the opportunity for career advancement and personal growth.
• 8 years of experience in the field of Machines Operation
• Proficient in Manual Engine Lathe, Manual Turret Lathe, Manual Knee Mill, VTL, HBM.
• CAP, Professional Aptitude Certificate, Degree in Machinery and Tools Operator, Colombia South America.
• Work effectively individually and as a team member, AND diverse groups of people
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Spanish
• Successfully prioritize daily routine, Proven ability to set and meet deadlines
• Continually upgrading skills and qualifications, Poised, confident, and productive under pressure
PROFESSIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE
• Inspect sample work pieces to verify conformance with specifications, using instruments such as gauges, micrometers, and dial indicators.
• Study blueprints, layouts or charts, and job orders for information on specifications and tooling instructions, and to determine material requirements and operational sequences.
• Adjust machine controls and change tool settings in order to keep dimensions within specified tolerances.
• Move controls to set cutting speeds and depths and feed rates, and to position tools in relation to work pieces. Start lath or turning machines and observe operations to ensure that specifications are met. Select cutting tools and tooling instructions, according to written specifications or knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
• Crank machines through cycles, stopping to adjust tool positions and machine controls to ensure specified timing, clearances, and tolerances.
• Lift metal stock or work pieces manually or using hoists, and position and secure them in machines, using fasteners and hand tools. Replace worn tools, and sharpen dull cutting tools and dies using bench grinders or cutter-grinding machines. Position, secure, and align cutting tools in toolholders on machines, using hand tools, and verify their positions with measuring instruments.
PROFESSIONAL WORK HISTORY
Timken Houston, TX, Lathe Machinist Apr 2012-Jul 2012
Hartford Compressors Hartford, CT Production Machinist Nov 2005-Apr 2009
Speed Rack Midwest Inc,MI Norton, MA
Millwright Machinery Erectors May 2005-Aug 2005
Moldiplast LTDA Colombia S.A.
Lathe and Mill Machinist Feb 1998-May 2001
Hartford Adult Education & High School Diploma State of CT 2011
CNC – E 0103 Basic, Bristol Technical Education, State of CT 2008
Complete Training in Introduction to Computers, Internet Web-based E-mail and Microsoft Word State of CT 2002
Professional Aptitude Certificate CAP Machinery and Tools Machinist
Professional Register No 002123 Colombia South America 1981-1983
High School Higher Technical Institute ITS, and National Institute of Diverse
Education INEM Colombia South America 1975-1980
NOTE: During the time not account for in my resume I was laid off and looked for a positions with no luck, and I was Self-employed as a contractor for home renovations and repairs throughout Colombia and Connecticut, I have also been employed with other companies available upon request.