MARIA I. AVILES
To work as a Medical Office Billing Specialist or in another position which
fully utilizes my skills and experience while offering an opportunity for advancement.
• Strong professional attitude and work ethic • Self motivated, learn quickly
• Responsible, dependable, conscientious • Enjoy meeting challenges
• Work well without supervision, very thorough • Outgoing and friendly
• Well-developed patient service skills • Bilingual, Spanish
• Fifteen years experience in the medical field including front-office and assisting physicians
• Familiar with computers and everything needed to operate a medical office efficiently
• Able to maintain a cheerful and positive attitude in a variety of stressful situations
• Medical manager • Insurance • Computer • Typing
• Bank reconciliations • Electronic Billing • DOS • Filing
• Payroll transcribing • Pegboard • Ten Key By Touch • Telephones
• Meds America • Medisoft • Medisoft Advanced (Windows) • Billing
• Vital signs • Performing CBC • Medical terminology • CPR
• Blood typing • Phlebotomy • Positioning and draping • EKG
• Blood counts • Urinalysis • Casting • First aid
• Injections • Autoclaving • Writing and interpreting prescriptions
Texas School of Business, Houston, Texas 1988
MEDICAL ASSISTANT DIPLOMA - Director's List - GPA 3.6
Doctor, McCann & Arthur LLP, Houston, Texas 10/06- 09/08
Billing Specialist/Collection Department
•Duties included: accounts receivable, payment posting, claim follow up, insurance appeals, patient collections, entering pump refill charges, monthly payment spread sheets for each company, naming the lockboxes and in house deposits, recording them in the excel spread sheets, patients refunds, auditing patient account
Michelle Zaniewki, M.D. Houston, Texas 06/05-03/06
Billing Specialist/Study Research Coordinator
•Duties included: accounts receivable and payable, electronic billing, claims follow up, aging report, auditing account, collection calls, insurance appeals, credentialing follow up calls, and entering data information for all the research studies, and traveling for the study meetings
Health Associates, Houston, Texas 07/04-12/05
• Duties included: accounts receivable, posting payments and charges, patient collections, appointment confirmation, insurance verification and claims follow-up, heavy insurance appeals, compiling month-end reports and account evaluations, reviewing hospital charges with doctors, and answering phones.
ValleyMedialGroup, Bakersfield, California 9/01-1103
• Duties included: accounts receivable and payable, claim follow up, posting payments, heavy insurance appeals, auditing accounts, electronic billing, and troubleshooting, reviewing contracts with patients, running reports, collections calls, coding surgeries and procedures
Michelle Zaniewski, M.D., Houston, Texas 2/99-8/01
• Duties included: training the staff to ensure a high level of efficiency in their job performance, treating all employees with respect and dignity while maintaining discipline and smooth functioning of the office, ensuring that specific instructions were given to staff regarding misuse of office time and phones, sending patient statements regularly, following up on the aging report, and keeping all insurance accounts, pending claims, and collections up-to-date.
Red Oak Urology, Houston, Texas 04/97-07/98
Arnold Skor, M.D., E. C. Winkle, III, M.D., Ira Krause, M.D.
BILLING SPECIALIST/COLLECTION DEPARTMENT
• Duties included: accounts receivable and payable, reviewing contracts with patients, electronic billing, auditing accounts, heavy insurance appeals, covering the front desk, troubleshooting office problems, and assisting with managerial responsibilities.
Daulat Shah, M.D., Houston, Texas 10/94-10/95
• Duties included: billing insurance for medical treatment and surgeries, collecting patient information from hospitals, entering information in the computer, posting payments, billing patients, making bank deposits, posting surgeries, obtaining pre-certifications and authorization from insurance companies, and assisting the surgeon with patients.
Accounts Receivable Payable
Jersey City, NJ - accounts receivable, receivable, payable, checks,...
Accounts Receivable Administrative Assistant
Nashville, TN - accounts receivable, receivable, medical billing,...
Accounts Receivable Medical Billing
North Augusta, SC - receivable, accounts receivable, payment,...
Accounts Receivable Customer Service
Minneapolis, MN - accounts receivable, expense, accounts, sap,...
Accounts Receivable Payable
Houston, TX - prepare, firm, c.p.a., billing, civil, defense,...
Administrative Assistant Accounts Receivable
Corpus Christi, TX - courier, accounts receivable, corpus, receivable,...
Customer Service Accounts Receivable
Houston, TX - payments, accounts receivable, receivable, rig,...