NATASHA L. BROOKS
**** ****** ******, *** ******* CA 90019
832-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org
TEACH FOR AMERICA- Houston, TX
August 2010 to Present
Regional Operations Associate
• Served as primary phone and reception contact for office, ensuring quality customer service as well as executing administrative duties as assigned.
• Managed office operations to enhance productivity by developing systems and employing communication structures that maximize efficiency on a daily basis, including maintenance of office technology and proper use of office space and resources.
• Coordinated budget planning, tracking budget to actual expenses, paying bills, allocating corporate card expenses, overseeing staff reimbursements, completing all reimbursements for the Managing Director of Strategy, Talent, and Regional Operations, and making recommendations for fiscal strategy.
• Worked with the Managing Director of Operations to establish and administer contractual agreements with external vendors and suppliers, and to establish general office procedures.
• Served as liaison between regional team and other community organizations and nonprofits.
• Entrusted with recruiting, employing, training, managing, and evaluating temporary workers and/or interns to provide administrative support to effectively accomplish the organization's goals and objectives.
• Isolated and diagnosed IT equipment and network problems.
JPT LAW FIRM- Washington, DC
January 2009 to August 2009
Legal Assistant (Contract)
• Contributed to the daily maintenance to ensure office is well managed by performing secretarial and administrative duties.
• Accountable for scheduling and maintaining calendars of appointments and meetings, as well as supported legal staff with drafting documents.
• Conducted client interviews, and investigated the facts involved with cases by researching laws using Westlaw and LexisNexis.
• Updated and sustained departmental filing, records, reports and other materials that were considered confidential or technical in nature.
• Responsible for being present with attorney while attending trials, depositions, closings, or administrative hearings.
• Assisted with all aspects of litigation, from the early, prelit and research stages throughout trial.
Center for Advanced Legal Studies, 2011
Certificate in Paralegal Studies GPA: 3.74
Howard University, 2010
BA in Administration of Justice GPA: 3.4
SKILLS & LICENSES
Data Entry, Filing, Scanning, Faxing, Copying, Technically Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Typing 60 wpm, ProDoc, Summation, Westlaw, LexisNexis, Texas Notary Public- Commission Expires 2/28/2015, CPR Certified