BARBARA L KLEIN
Racine, Wisconsin 53402
Purchasing Professional with extensive experience in diverse areas of manufacturing and customer service. Strong attention to detail and relationship development skills that result in improved processes and reduced costs. Recognized for ability to prioritize tasks and collaborate with staff to ensure optimal business results.
BUCYRUS INTERNATIONAL, South Milwaukee, WI 2007 to 2009
Global leader in the design and manufacture of equipment for surface and underground mining.
Responsible for purchase orders, entering and expediting report generation and data analysis.
• Analyzed order reports and communicated with supplier base to ensure accurate costs and lead times, improving delivery times to 100% to exceed department goal of 94%.
• Sourced, maintained and updated supplier information negotiating pricing and contracts to reduce lead time and ensure cost effective operations.
• Participated on special project teams to develop standard work processes collaborating with suppliers, receiving, planning, and buyers to streamline operations and reduce costs.
• Developed procedures and conducted training for buyers and administrative staff, enhancing skills and expediting transition to new position.
• Developed spreadsheet to track and document order status for over 4,000 parts, providing information for procurement, production and sales staff that increased efficiency.
ALLOC INC, Racine, WI 2001 to 2007
Manufacturer of flooring products.
Purchasing Coordinator 2004 to 2007
Responsible for all aspects of planning and procurement for finished goods, including forecasting, purchasing, and material allocation.
• Team lead for part number assignment, order entry/maintenance, cycle counting, trouble shooting, investigating and resolving discrepancies to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Implemented and maintained UPC bar coding system to automate processes, increase accuracy and expedite order processing.
• Reviewed sales forecasts and worked with IT, accounting, customer service, sales representatives, marketing, logistics, and shipping, to ensure appropriate cash flow and optimal business practices.
BARBARA L KLEIN
Customer Service 2001 to 2004
Responsible for all aspects of customer service, including training, troubleshooting, procedures, data entry, orders, technical support, customer inquiries and maintained specialty accounts. Provided administrative support for top management.
• Conducted troubleshooting for product issues and facilitated scheduling of sales, distributors and inspectors to effectively resolve issues and ensure customer satisfaction.
ACMI CORPORATION, Racine WI 1998 to 2001
Manufacturer of medical supplies and equipment.
Customer Service Representative
Responsible for order entry, customer service and product repair processing.
• Consistently ranked in top 5% for outstanding performance in order processing, accuracy, technical support and customer service.
• Investigated returned goods authorizations and monitored status to ensure appropriate customer follow-up and resolution.
ANDIS COMPANY, Racine WI 1993 to 1998
Manufacturer of personal care tools.
Responsible for order processing, purchase orders/change orders, reading blueprints, data entry, customer service, mail distribution and office supply inventory.
• Maintained acknowledgements and documented file updates to ensure compliance with NAFTA-MSDS requirements, providing accurate tracking methods for purchase order information.
• Conducted training for new employees, enhancing skills and improving productivity.
Prior to 1993
Held progressively responsible positions in customer service, assembly, inspection, food service and property management.
Graduate, J.I. Case High School, Racine WI
Communications, CPR/First Aid, Assistant Child Care Teacher,
Medical Terminology, Customer Service
Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Document Formatting, Baan, IFS, CHESS, Lotus 1 2 3, AS400, MAPICS