Yucca Valley, CA 92284
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Cell 702-***-****
OBJECTIVE To pursue a career in human resources with a progressive organization which offers the
opportunity for growth and advancement.
QUALIFICATIONS A human resources professional with extensive experience in all facets of hospital human resources management. This expertise includes skills in the areas of employee relations, communications, organizational planning, strategic business partnering, team development, conflict resolution, and development and implementation of policies and procedures. Demonstrated ability in meeting functional objectives while maximizing resources and achieving organizational goals. I possess over 15 years of human resources management experience, including responsibility for:
- employee relations and conflict resolution - labor relations and employment law
- benefits administration and employee services - job evaluation and analysis
- grievances and disciplinary actions - employment and recruiting
- employee counseling - classification and compensation
- performance planning and management - OSHA and Workers’ Compensation
- training and development - safety and loss control
EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Reduced hospital turnover rate through improved employee communications and staff mentoring.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of policies and programs covering employment, labor relations, wage and salary administration, training, benefits, performance appraisals, corporate relocation, travel, and employee services.
• Responsible for management of human resource operations in start-up of new distribution center and call center facilities. Attained staffing goals (400 new hires) needed to assure the successful opening based on the project schedule.
• Implemented new drug screening procedure and wrote policy guidelines regarding drug testing.
• Consulted with and advised managers on policy-related matters, disciplinary actions, grievances, and employment and labor relations law.
• Created and directed various activities designed to promote and maintain a high level of employee morale.
• Coordinated human resources services in consolidation and downsizing activities resulting from mergers.
• Additional start-up experience includes recruiting responsibilities in the opening of a 1 million sq. ft. direct mail fulfillment center, which employed 700 in a heavily unionized atmosphere.
• Experienced in both union and non-union environments, with extensive experience in union avoidance training and counseling to managers and supervisors.
• Assumed direct responsibilities for safety program meetings and actively promoted safety awareness in a number of different types of environments and operations.
• Negotiated contractual agreements providing cost-effective drug screening services, employee benefits, training programs, consulting services and personnel services.
• Improved hiring processes which streamlined procedures and improved the quality of the applicant pool, resulting in improved customer satisfaction and efficiency.
• Demonstrated success in change management, employee motivation and team development.
• Experienced speaker/trainer/facilitator on topics including career planning, benefits, downsizing and target staffing, and implementing change in the workplace.
• Earned special recognition award from the Director of the Department of Personnel and Training, Commonwealth of Virginia, for participation in Classification Review/Specification Update Program.
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY – HEALTHCARE
Director of Human Resources Hi-Desert Memorial Health Care District 2006 to present
Director of Human Resources HealthSouth Hospital at Tenaya 2005 to 2006
Community Relations Director Sunridge Village/Davis House 2002 to 2004
Human Resources Director Heritage Hospital/HRMC 2000 to 2002
Human Resources Director Bellevue Hospital 1997 to 1999
Miami University, Oxford, Ohio Institute of Applied Management and Law
B.S. Consumer Science Employee Relations Law Program
Lynchburg College, Lynchburg, Virginia The School of Paralegal Studies – Corporate Law
Graduate studies in Personnel Administration/
Organizational Development Harassment Prevention Training
OSHA 10 Hour General Industry Training Class Studer Group – Taking You and Your Organization
Certification to the Next Level
Board of Directors, YWCA of Parkersburg Mid-Ohio Valley Chamber of Commerce
Executive Search Committee Bullhead City and Laughlin Chamber of Commerce
Society of Human Resources Management American Society of Healthcare Human Resources
West Virginia Safety Council member President, Foundation Board
Yucca Valley High School Career Pathways
Yucca Valley, CA Chamber of Commerce