NIHAR RANJAN CHAUDHURI
Responsibility : Engineering Manager (EPC)
Rank in Organisation : Addl. General Manager (Engineering)
Organisation : PT. Punj Lloyd Indonesia, Jakarta
Present Location : Jakarta - Indonesia
Qualification : Bachelor of Civil Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, INDIA
Professional Experience: 25 yrs Graduation year: 1987
Overseas Experience : Indonesia, Vietnam, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Nigeria, Austria
Professional Member : Associate Member of the Institute of Engineers (India)
Nationality: Indian, DOB: 19.05.1964, Gender: Male, Languages: English, Bengali, Hindi
Email : email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone : +62 812 *** ****, +62 85 820 86 3670, +62 21 654 0052 (R)
MAJOR FIELD OF EXPERIENCE:
• Offshore Oil and Gas (Platforms and Sub-sea Pipeline)
• Refinery/ Petrochemicals & Pipeline
• Power Plant : Coal Based
• Steel Plant
• Engineering Management: Engineering coordination, multidiscipline engineering activity, vendor engineering control, manpower assessment, constructability review, HAZOP/ HAZID study, project deviation and change order notification, as-built/ final documentation, PDMS/ 3-D model review
• Project Management (PMC) : project co-ordination, team management, Interface management, Budget control, Project Scheduling/control, Progress Review and Recovery Plan, Manpower/ resource utilization, vendor/ sub-contractor selection,
• Procurement support, Technical Bid Evaluation, Commercial negotiation with Client/contractors/vendors
• Construction engineering and site support
• Offshore Structural Engineering: Greenfield and Brownfield platforms, revalidation and modification of platforms, Load-out, Transportation and Installation engineering
• Onshore Civil Structural Engineering, Soil and foundation, piling and ground improvement
• Feasibility/ FEED/ Basic engineering, Detail Engineering
• Tendering/ Proposals for new projects, man-hour estimate
• AutoCAD • MS-Projects
• MS-OFFICE (WORD, Excel, Power Point)
• PhotoShop, MS-DOS, WINDOWS, UNIX
FAMILIARITY WITH INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS
• Indian Standards (BIS)
• American Standards (ACI, AISC, ASTM, API)
• European Standards:BS, EURO, DIN and DNV
• Australian Standards • Saudi Arabia standards: SABIC & SEC
• Vietnamese Standards (TCVN)
• Indonesian Standards
• Mining Standards: KPC, ADARO
• Vocational Training: PWD- Govt. of W. Bengal
• Safety Training: BP, Vietnam
• Safety Training: HADEED, Saudi Arabia
• ISO-9001 Awareness: TPPL, New Delhi • STAAD III course: Research Engineers, Kolkata
• SACS software, MS Office in TPPL, New Delhi
• Managerial Skill Improvement: TPPL, New Delhi
• Safety Awareness Training: TOTAL, Indonesia
ORGANISATIONS AT A GLANCE:
1. EPC side: PT. Punj Lloyd Indonesia/ PT Sempec Indonesia as Engineering Manager (6th yr)
Major Projects with: TOTAL E & P Indonesie
Partamina Hulu Energi ONWJ Ltd (Formerly BP)
PT. Makmur Sejahtera Wisesa – ADARO
PT. Kaltim Prima Coal (Bakrie Power)
Foster Wheeler WorleyParsons / Exxon Mobil, Singapore
2. Engineering Consultancy/PMC: Amazon Energy Ltd., Lagos, Nigeria as Lead Engineer (1 yr)
Major Projects with: Exxon-Mobil, Nigeria (MPN)
3. Owner side: SABIC / HADEED: Jubail, Saudi Arabia as Project Engineer (2 yrs)
Major Projects with: Voest Alpine – Linz, Austria
SIEMENS in Jubail Saudi Arabia
4. Eng. Consultancy/PMC: Saipem Triune Eng P Ltd, New Delhi, as Sr. Manager (Civil/ Str) (6 yrs)
Major Projects with: BP Exploration & Operating Co. Ltd, UK, in Vietnam
Petro-Vietnam (PVGC), PTSC & GPMB in Vietnam
Reliance PL, IOCL, SRF & Bechtel in India
DAELIM ICL in India
OGSG-UK in Iraq
5. Eng Consultancy/PMC: Development Consultants Ltd, New Delhi as Sr Project Engineer (2 yrs)
6. Vendor Engineering: Paharpur Cooling Towers Ltd, Kolkata as Sr. Design Engineer (3 yrs)
7. Engineering Consultancy/ PMC: Gherzi Eastern Ltd, Kolkata as Structural Engineer (3 yrs)
8. Contractor side : Nabin Designers and Constructors Pvt. Ltd, Kolkata, as Site Engineer (1 yr)
DETAIL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
1. PT. PUNJ LLOYD INDONESIA / PT SEMPEC INDONESIA - Jakarta, an EPCC company in offshore oil and gas platforms and pipe lines and Power Sector. HO in New Delhi.
Job Responsibility as Engineering Manager
Procurement support, vendor negotiation/ selection
Bid/ proposals, tender evaluation, prequalification.
Offshore Platform Projects (EPCC)
i) NUI Platform and Pipeline of APN-E/F New Field Development:
Engineering Manager for the Offshore Greenfield project in Java Sea, 100miles NE of Jakarta, Indonesia. Project consists of 3 nos. wellhead platforms including piles, jackets, topsides, sub-sea pipelines (24”- 20km & 10”- 1km) and tie-ins with existing pipeline.
Owner : Pertamina Hulu Energi ONWJ Ltd (Formerly BP)
Engineering sub-contractor : Worley Parsons Indonesia, Jakarta
ii) MM Compressor Reconfiguration (APN-E/F) New Field Development : for PHE ONWJ Ltd
Engineering Manager for Offshore Brownfield/ modification of existing Mike-Mike Complex (MMC and MMF Platforms) and PCP Platform introducing parallel train services with two new compressors
iii) South Utility Platform (TUNU 11):
Served as Engineering Manager for offshore utility platform in Mahakam Delta (East Kalimantan)
Owner : TOTAL E & P Indonesie
Engineering sub-contractor : PT. Amec Berca Indonesia
iv) Offshore Fabrication & Yard Development:
Engineering/construction/procurement support for construction/modification of company’s own offshore-fabrication yard at Samarinda, Indonesia.
• Skid way construction with load-out capacity of 3000T
• Piling for skid way and steel skid-shoes
• Construction of fabrication shop, painting shop, warehouse, accommodation facilities etc.
Onshore Petrochemical Project:
a) Singapore Aromatics Revamp project (SAR-R): Engineering Coordination, engineering review
Owner: Exxon-Mobil Chemical AP Pte Ltd., Singapore
Employer: Foster Wheeler Worley Parsons JV, FWP
Power Plant Project (EPC)
a) 2x30MW coal fired power plant in Tanjung Tabalong, South Kalimantan, Indonesia
Client : PT. Makmur Sejahtera Wisesa- ADARO
Consultant : Poyry Energy Ltd, Bangkok
Engineering sub-contractor : IDEA, Chennai, India
b) 3x18MW coal fired power plant in Sangatta, East Kalimantan, Indonesia
Owner : PT. Kaltim Prima Coal /PT. Citra Kusuma Perdana, Indonesia
Consultant : FICHTNER India, Bangalore
Projects consist of:
• Boiler, Turbine and Generator
• Coal Handling / Ash Handling System
• Water Handling Systems & Cooling Tower
• HVAC and Fire Protection System • Balance of Plant (BOP)
• RCC and Steel Chimneys
• Civil/ Structural/ Architectural works
• Spun Piles and foundations
Bid and Proposals:
Provide engineering assistance for Offshore, Onshore and Power Plant scopes.
2. AMAZON ENERGY Ltd, Lagos, Nigeria- PMC in offshore, Oil and Gas, pipe line. ISO 9001 Company.
Associated as Lead Civil/Structure Engineer for
• Engineering coordination, progress monitoring
• Interfacing with client and contractors, multidiscipline engineering issues
• Document review and client’s approval
• Civil/ Structural departmental activities and manpower planning
• Design basis/ concepts, design dossier
• Conceptual/ FEED and Detail engineering for Offshore Platforms
• Optimization and Technical queries, Deviations and change orders
• Constructability review, Risk analysis/ HAZOP studies.
• Tender evaluation, Manhour estimate and Proposal document
Offshore Platform Projects executed for Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN- Exxon-Mobil) in Nigeria. Projects involved structural detail engineering for extension/modification of platforms due to addition of new well heads and conductors, Structural In-place analysis, seastate, lifting analysis, installation concept, jacket structure revalidation, pile and PSI, MTO
Computer software used: SACS and STAAD. Projects handled:
i) ADUA A: wellhead platform modification and deck extension
ii) EDOP B: wellhead platform modification and deck extension
iii) EDOP D: structural modification for gas lift operation
iv) ASASSA-A & B: wells redevelopment and jacket revalidation
i) Papalanto Gas Pipeline Project PHCN: basic and detail engineering for 31km new onshore gas pipeline, metering station, pig launching and receiver stations.
Client: Nigerian Gas Company Limited
3. SABIC group – HADEED: Saudi Iron & Steel Company, Jubail, Saudi Arabia, ISO-9001, the largest steel manufacturer in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Associated as Project Engineer (Civil/Structure) for Steel Plant Expansion Project (hot DRI charged) and miscellaneous re-development activities in the existing plant. Responsibility involved in:
• Engineering Coordination and Project Management
• Project incharge for civil/ structural activities (engineering/ construction/planning)
• Basic Engineering, Layout control and approving Civil/ Structural Engineering
• Tender evaluation and technical negotiation
• Safety and Accident analysis, responsibility of safe-work-permits
• Steel Melt Shop Building (12,000sqmX43 m height)
• Equipment foundations for Electric Arc furnace, Slab caster, Transfer car, Control building
• Material Handling System including storage silos, conveyor belts/ galleries, U/G Hoppers
• Runway for heavy duty travelling cranes (2 nos.- 260 Ton capacity each)
• Stack, Dedusting plant, ID/FD fan foundations and ducting
• Water Treatment Plant, Sea Water Station
• Electrical Substations, cable bridges, cellars, buildings, Infrastructures and Utilities
4. Saipem Triune Engineering Pvt. Ltd. (formerly Triune Projects) New Delhi, ISO-9001, an engineering & PMC organisation in oil and gas (offshore/onshore), worked as Senior Manager (Civil/Structure).
• Engineering Lead/ Group Leader for Civil/Structural activities
• Engineering coordination, multidiscipline engineering activity
• Feasibility study, FEED/basic engineering, detail engineering
• Design basis/ concepts, design dossier
• Project specifications and deviations
• Document review and approval, PDMS/ 3-D model review
• Field engineering and construction supports, Constructability review, HAZOP/ HAZID study
• Project Management, Interfacing with clients/ contractors, progress review, recovery plans
• Tender evaluation and technical negotiation
• Proposal/Inquiry/ bid documents, man-hour estimate, cost estimate
Major Onshore Oil & Gas and misc. Projects:
i) BP Exploration and Op. Co, Vietnam for NamConSon Condensate Storage Tank Project and associate pipelines: feasibility study, site selection, FEED, and detail engineering, project coordination and multidiscipline co-ordination activities, interface and site support.
Owner: Petro Vietnam Gas Corporation. Main Contractor: PTSC (Mech. & Const. Div)
ii) Reliance Petroleum Ltd, Jamnagar Refinery, Gujarat, India: structural detail engineering, field engineering and site support for various units. Consultant: BECHTEL
iii) Daelim: Mathura Refinery (IOCL), India - DHDT / MSQ Up-gradation Project: civil-structural detail engineering, field engineering, multidiscipline coordination for the expansion in HGU, N2 Unit, DHDT, Offsite-Utility area, for DAELIM Industrial Co. Ltd, South Korea as EPC
iv) OGSG, UK for Rehabilitation Project of North Refinery, Baiji, Iraq: technical proposal, civil/structural detail engineering, structural renovation, construction QA/QC. Structures involved distillation columns, heat exchangers, heaters, pipe racks, air-fin cooler, storage tanks, sulfur recovery unit, HGU, offsite and stack area
v) IOCL: Digboi Refinery in Assam and Barauni Refinery in Bihar, India: civil/ structural detail engineering and site supports for expansion for utility and off site area. Consultant: EIL, India.
vi) BOT/ BP Exploration and Operating Company Vietnam for Phu My3 Power Plant Project: site development of 27 hectors low marshy land and foundations.
vii) SRF Ltd: Expansion and modernization of Chloro-Methane Plant at Bhewari, Rajasthan, INDIA
Major Offshore Oil & Gas Projects (with SACS) In-place analysis, seastate, seismic, lifting, topside structural modifications, pipe rack, vessels and pipe supports, weight control and MTO.
i) Offshore Electrical Bldg Module on GN Platform, East Area Projects, Nigeria. Under Samsung/ Technip-Coflexip for structural detail engineering
ii) Offshore Integrated Production Decks (IPD) in North Sea for Hanze Fo2a Field Development Project, VEBA Oil (France) under Hyundai Heavy Industries for topside structural detail engineering including equipment supports
iii) ERHA Project (Saipem, France) EPC1- FPSO, Nigeria for Esso Exploration & Production Nigeria Ltd - detail design engineering for intermediate pipe racks, topside facilities
iv) CPP Project in Vietnam (GPMB, PVGC): topside facilities
5. DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANTS Ltd, New Delhi, an engineering consulting organization and PMC in Power Sector, with ISO-9001.
Associated as Senior Project Engineer (Civil/Structure). Experienced in:
• Project Management, Interfacing with clients/ contractors and multidiscipline coordination
• Progress review and recovery plans
• Review and Approval for engineering documents
• Civil/ structural concept design, detail engineering and Layout control
• Design basis/ concepts, design dossier, project specifications
• Field engineering and construction assistance
• Proposal/Inquiry/ bid documents, Tender evaluation and technical negotiation
• Man-hour estimate, cost estimate, tendering, KOM
i) Suratgarh Thermal Power Station: 2x500 MW, coal based in Rajasthan, India
ii) Bakreswar Thermal Power Station: 3x210MW, coal based, in West Bengal, India
iii) Ralson Tyre Factory: Expansion Project in Ludhiana, India
iv) EPDP Housing Complex in New Delhi, India
v) Alternate Member for the following technical committee in Bureau of Indian Standards
(from Development Consultants Ltd.):
• Fabrication, Erection and Inspection of Steel Structures in General Subcommittees CED 7:6
• Use of Steel Hollow Section in Structures Subcommittee CED 7:8
6. PAHARPUR COOLING TOWERS Ltd, Kolkata- largest cooling tower manufacturer in India.
Associated as Senior Design Engineer (Civil / Structure).
• Civil/ structural engineering for cooling tower/ water treatment plant
• Field engineering and construction assistance
• Modernization/ expansion of Paharpur factories, Development of in-house engineering software
7. GHERZI EASTERN Ltd, Kolkata- specialist in industrial structures/ Multistoreyed Building. Associated as a Civil/ Structural Engineer for detail engineering, construction supervision.
i) Hotel project: Yatri Niwas at Digha, India
ii) Multistoried building projects in Kolkata/ Howrah, India
iii) Industrial project of NEEPCO, Guahati, India
8. NABIN DESIGNERS & CONSTRUCTORS (P) Ltd, Kolkata, as Site Civil Engineer for TV Tower at Agra and Multi-storied office complex in New Delhi.
• Mr. Sean Middleton, VP Projects, AWE(Northwest Natuna) PTE Ltd, Mobile: +62 811*******
• Mr. Subhash Biswas, Project Manger, PT. Jindal Overseas, Indonesia, Mobile: +62 82153066281
Microsoft Office Civil Engineer
India, DL - civil engineer, pin, civil, 4th, sports,...
India, DL - forman, surveyor, civil, civil engineer, works,...
Auto Cad Civil
India, DL - drawing, das, civil, auto cad, steel, cad, auto,...
India, New Delhi, DL - civil engineer, civil, engineer, structure,...
Civil Engineering Industrial
India, New Delhi, DL - industrial, cement, civil, visit, higher, cadd,...
India, New Delhi, DL - civil engineer, civil, summer training, tech,...
India, New Delhi, DL - coal, mining, bid, presentations, trading,...