Stuttgart, AR 72160 Cell: 337-***-****
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS/ ACHIEVEMENTS
• EIT Certified
• Engineering work experience with chemical blending plant
• Knowledge of motivating, problem solving, principles of supervision and organizational communication through Supervisory Management Course (10 weeks)
• Gamma Beta Phi Honor Society, awarded spring 2005
• Student/Athlete four years in college (track and field)
• Know of RCFA techniques which include: phase measurements, bearing mobility and operating deflection shapes
• Extensive hands-on project work involving efficiency, work design, stress analysis, material behavior, product design, process selection, quality assurance, corrosion protection and absorption chiller design calculations experience
McNeese State University, expected graduation date: Summer 2013
• Master of Engineering, concentrations: Engineering Management
University of Louisiana at Lafayette, 2003 - 2007
• BS. Mechanical Engineering
• Minor in Mathematics
Sage V Foods, July 2012-Present
Extrusion Production Manager
• Sets daily production priorities for operators.
• Verifies and insures products are being produced to customer standards.
• Supervises extrusion production personnel to maintain productivity, plant cleanliness, and overall flour mill performance.
• Maintains and improves upon production efficiencies, waste reduction, and process improvements.
• Follows, understands, and trains team to all policies and procedures; including quality and production SOP’s, safety standards and GMP’s.
• Ensures required company records and forms are maintained. Reports any defective materials or questionable conditions to plant management and/or maintenance.
• Promotes company vision and supports plant culture.
• Develop SOP’s and PM’s for flour mill processes and equipment.
• Travel, as necessary, to meet with customers.
Petro-Rite Chemical Blending Plant, January 2010 – July 2012
Lake Charles, LA
Blending Plant Manager
• Monitor operations for a 25,000 gal chemical blender
• Blend oils formulated with food grade, high VI white oils, and additive packages which meet FDA 21 CFR 172.878, 21 CFR 178.362 OR 21 CFR 178.370 specifications
• Manufacture industrial inorganic chemicals and all other basic inorganic chemicals
• Blend oils that are high quality and high purity and refined from technical grade
• Monitor sensors, annunciators, indicators and controls and interpret synthesized information, making adjustments where necessary
• Responsible for blending RIG-RITE BOP FLUIDS which are synthetic, biodegradable, water soluble fluids engineered specifically for use in offshore blowout preventer accumulators that has improved characteristics against bacteria, resistance, anti-wear, corrosion protection, fluid resistivity, surface tension and Ph.
• Responsible for blending RIG Rite Subsea Control Fluid ( Ethylene Glycol and Proprietary mixture of Alkaline soaps)
• Update plans for new projects
• Observe overall plant equipment health, and initiate changes to improve plant performance
• Responsible for the operation and maintenance of pumps, valves, discharged fluids
• Responsible for schedules of producing chemicals and budget estimation, technical support and inspecting plant areas
• Use viscosity meter and viscosity charts to attain percentages used to blend oils of different viscosity
• Significant improvements in facility lighting and ventilation and improvements to compressed air system
• Troubleshoot, analyze and make recommendations on equipment and system problems
• Assisted general manager in market research for the selection of chemicals
• Worked safely around high pressures and temperature and heavy equipment
• Develop specifications for new and replacement equipment that meets industry standards
• Develop simple operations and maintenance record keeping
• Worked safely in environmental and occupational hazardous areas
• Safely climbed and entered confined spaces, working around high temperature, pressure and noise levels
• Worked safely around and with plant chemicals
• Observed and participated with Quality Control tests performed on location before and during jobs as well as adjustments made to ensure consistency of pumped fluid
Kingston College, Sept 2008 – June 2009
• Prepare and present lessons that will enable students to learn math skills efficiently
• Offer clear directions, explanations, and deadlines for assignments
• Develop and maintain a comfortable and orderly classroom atmosphere that
Promote and support learning
• Listened to student concerns and problems to foster individual growth
University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Aug 2007 – Jan 2008
Energy System Design Assistant - Mechanical Engineering Department
• Responsible for 800Kw gas turbine from Solar Turbines, a 100 ton
Thermax absorption chiller and a 100 ton cooling tower from Coastal Engines
• Member of a design team that researched and composed a report on the
• Preliminary design and piping diagram for a combined heating and power system (CHP)
• Responsible for design calculations for the absorption chiller which includes hot water
• Flow rate, chilled water flow rate and the cooling water flow rate and calculations for the heat exchanger, heat transfer and exit temperature of the exhaust gas.
• Reduce fuel cost by about 27% and is beneficial to the environment as it decreases the emissions of NOX, SOX, mercury and CO into the atmosphere
• Increase the system’s efficiency up to 90 percent
• Relieved the problem of back pressure build up at the end of the turbine
• Developed P&ID illustrating flow rates, temperatures, instrumental data and the connections between various equipments
• Design exhaust product temperature to maximize boiler efficiency but safe margin for corrosion protection
• Featured in “Preliminary Design and Piping Diagram for a Combined Heat and Power System for the College of Engineering at the University of Louisiana, Lafayette, using Donated Equipment” Cogeneration and Distributed Generation Journal, Vol. 23(1), 2008
• Auto Cad computer design modification tools
• Computer Aided Manufacturing tools
• Math Lab
• Visual Basic programming
• Microsoft Office
• Solid Works