Patricia D. May
**** ***** ********* ****** ▪ Spokane, Washington 99208
Phone: 509-***-**** ▪ Email: email@example.com
Customer-Focused Administrative Support Specialist
A highly loyal, self-directed, and solutions-focused administrative professional with applicable experience and an impressive record of achievements within all facets of clerical, reception, and customer-service support, and management. Results-oriented individual proficient at planning, directing, and providing leadership for all office-related functions including personnel development and supervision, client and vendor relations, inventory ordering/control, records management, and data entry/administration. Quick learner demonstrating a high-level of accuracy and thoroughness recognized for ability to thrive in both independent and collaborative work environments, manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and easily grasp and apply new ideas, concepts, methods, and technologies. Team player with a propensity to establish and maintain solid relationships with co-workers, management, vendors, and customers. Superior interpersonal, organizational, troubleshooting, and analytical skills. Exceptional written and oral aptitude.
• Front Desk Reception • Customer Service/Support • Multi-Line Telephones
• Proofreading/Verification • Staff Supervision/Training • Cost Containment/Controls
• Records Management • Word Processing • Procedure Development
• Inventory Ordering/Control • Appointment Setting • Report Generation
• Form Generation/Design • Transcription/Dictation • Expense Reporting/Monitoring
• Data Entry/Filing • Research & Analysis • Electronic Recordkeeping
Whitworth University, Spokane, Washington
Bachelor of Arts, Organizational Management
Expected Graduation Date: August 2013
Spokane Falls Community College, Spokane, Washington
Associates in Applied Science, Administrative Secretary
Graduated: December 2006
▪ Certificates Received in Keyboarding and Document Processing
• MS Word • Advanced Excel • MS PowerPoint
• Desktop Publishing
• One Note • MS Outlook
• Adobe Acrobat • Ten Key
• MS Access
Community Colleges of Spokane Spokane, WA Feb. 2007 - Present
• Performed a wide variety of administrative/clerical duties including purchasing, inventory control, records management, expense reporting, filing, faxing, and mailing.
• Provided exceptional service to the public and ensured customer satisfaction; handled multiple incoming telephone lines, answered inquiries, and routed calls appropriately.
• Developed a customer/student-focused environment; efficiently and effectively controlled the workflow.
• Organized and employed new procedures to ensure department efficiency.
Patricia D. May Resume Page Two
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (CONTINUED)
• Maintained office-related equipment and supplies; monitored and procured inventory, stationary, and kitchen consumables; reordered replacement materials and serviced equipment as needed.
• Oversaw and coordinated incoming/outgoing correspondence; upheld internal mail protocols and met deadlines.
• Trained new personnel; provided ongoing coaching, direction, and support.
• Tracked and computed class attendance.
• Participated in the creation of a uniformed newsletter; resulted in significant savings on supplies.
• Experienced in taking minutes
• Redesigned and improved the functionality of sign-in sheets and purchasing receipt and attendance forms.
• Managed department budget; procured items using company credit cards; calculated and monitored expenses.
• Prepared correspondence and reports.
Other Mothers Spokane, WA May 2007 – Feb. 2008
• Directed a staff of up to three (3) associates responsible for the sales of gently used furniture and clothing.
• Planned staff schedules to ensure adequate manpower coverage, coordinated employee training and designed/implemented incentives and other motivational programs to enhance customer service competencies.
• Maintained quality control/satisfaction and sought new ways to improve guest service.
• Quickly and effectively solved customer challenges.
• Reconciled cash and coordinated/substantiated inventory.
• Facilitated human resource compliance and resolution.
Spokane Falls Community College Spokane, WA Apr. 2005 – Dec. 2006
Office Intern (Nov. 2006 – Dec. 2006)
Work Study – Financial Aid Department (Apr. 2005 – Jun. 2005)
• Maintained highest level of professionalism when greeting and assisting customers.
• Handled internal/external telephone enquiries and coordinated internal/external deliveries.
• Received, sorted, and distributed incoming mail; reviewed, assembled, and prearranged outgoing materials for mailing.
• Organized and inventoried miscellaneous items in the technology department.
• Performed extensive word processing functions including mail merges and label generation.
• Faxed, filed, and compiled data.
Supervisor – Other Mothers
Telephone Banker- ICT Group, Inc.
Cashier/Greeter - Walmart
Customer Service – Rosauers
References Furnished Upon Request