ATHENA M. RAYMOND
Sedalia, MO 65301
Dear Sir/ Ma’am:
I am responding to the advertisement you have listed as currently available. I am extremely interested in this opportunity and as my resume will indicate, I appear to fit the candidate description as outlined.
I have a strong interest in the position and I believe my background, qualifications and work experience will be well suited to this positions specific requirements. I have worked and volunteered in a variety of jobs and positions that all contribute to my overall knowledge and experience.
Please accept my enclosed resume in consideration for this position. Please feel free to contact me anytime for further information and we can arrange an interview.
Thank you for your time. I am looking forward to hearing from you.
ATHENA M. RAYMOND
3102 Westlake Drive
Sedalia, MO 65301
• Management Solid Background in planning. Hands-on manager with highly developed negotiation skills and experience cultivating strategic business partnerships. Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills. Possess and demonstrated presentation skills, interpersonal skills, social poise, coalition building skills and sufficient experience to effectively deal with families in crisis.
• Communication Persuasive communicator with well-developed presentation and negotiation skills. Able to develop productive relationships with colleagues, customers and staff at all levels. Excellent interpersonal skills, phone manner, and office etiquette. Demonstrates a high degree of interpersonal communication and analytical skills to adapt and respond to diverse situations unique to the military lifestyle. Excellent organizational and oral and written communication skills, knowledge of military structure and protocol.
• Technical Technical- Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and MS Publisher. Experienced in MS Money, LOTUS 123, QuickBooks, CACS (Collections system), ACCS, I2k, VISION, TOPS, WordPerfect, Magazine Manager, Jungle Disk, Internet Usage, Caterware, Web Design, Email applications, and many other general office skills. Qualified typist of 50 + wpm.
• Marketing Proven ability to recognize and capitalize on market trends and assume bottom-line responsibility for strategic planning, pricing, market research and forecasting. Broad knowledge of marketing disciplines, including research, telemarketing, promotional planning, pricing, event planning and advertising.
2011-2012 Omni Financial, Vero Beach, FL
Tax Resolution Senior Account Manager /Financial Analyst
•Responsible for all client communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on client deliverables and revenue.
•Reviewed all major deliverables to ensure quality standards and client expectations are met. Aware and in pursuit of opportunities for account growth and new business, involving the Account Director.
•Ensures that client issues are dealt with in an efficient manner, informing the Account Director or Managing Director of any problems that may arise.
•Consistently met and exceeded monthly Sales goals and quickly became a top producer in the company, exceeding company records and averaging the highest gross sales for the last three months.
•Delivered presentations on weekly and monthly sales on behalf of the team I was working with
•Owned the contracts and contracts renewals for new work for an existing clients.
•Approved Change Orders and invoices, and was responsible for payment collections.
•Worked closely with the project team in order to maintain a continuous knowledge of project status in order to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the project.
•Maintain and ensured that all processes and procedures are completed, quality standards are met, and that projects are profitable.
•Direct communication with the Internal Revenue Service, understanding of their resolution programs and direct personal negotiation of client back taxes to successful resolution.
•Communicates the client's goals and represent the client's interests to the team.
•Provides regular two-way communication between the client and team, to provide strong team representation and set proper client expectations.
•Understanding of company capabilities and service, and effectively communicates all offerings to the client.
•Reports to the Account Director, providing regular input on all account activity, including status and call reports on a weekly basis.
2011-2011 Bellagurl, Morehead City, NC
Marketing Associate / Executive Assistant/ Office Manager
• Completes all Administrative duties required, to include but not limited to: filing, bank deposits, collecting mail and dissemination, faxing and computer entry. Create, print, mail/email invoices and manage and maintain collections if necessary.
• Maintained Accounts Receivables/ Accounts Payable
• Spearheaded successful employee sales contests.
•Participated in strategic development and implementation of concept re-imaging, which resulted in double-digit
comparable store sales increases.
•Compiles articles and Family Fun planner for two award winning parenting magazines. Maintain customer files for ad production, marketing and sales.
• Managed the production list through the use of Magazine Manager, to include but not limited to: ad proofing, letter production and dissemination. Maintained, Organized and coordinates the distribution of 80,000 magazines on a monthly basis.
• Established and maintained excellent relationships with clients, provided exceptional customer service, and build trust with the clients resulting in repeat business and referrals.
• Emailed proofs to clients, proofing staff and publisher. Made necessary changes to clinets ads to meet expectations of that client.
• Served as the primary liaison between clients, brokers and the sales team.
2009-2010 Marine Corps Community Service, Camp Pendleton, CA
Family Readiness Advisor, L.I.N.K.S/KV/MCFTB
2006-2007 Verizon Wireless, Wilmington NC
Consumer Financial Services, Collections
• Extensive inbound and outbound phone contact with customers to accomplish collections of delinquent customer accounts
•Primary focus on suspension prevention and account rehabilitation, Strong negotiation and problem resolution skills
• Keep an eye on customer bill payments and follow-up on payment arrangements to ensure customer cooperation
• Thorough understanding of consumer collection laws and techniques, Knowledge of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act provisions
2005-2006 Marine Corps Community Service, Cherry Point NC
MCFTB Program Administrative Assistant, L.I.N.K.S/KV/MCFTB
• Responsible for all administrative functions to support LINKS, KV and MCFTB. Reviewed all Office correspondence for proper Format, grammar and spelling accuracy. Type’s letters of a general routine nature. Attended and chair committee meetings.
• Maintains office files and publications relating to the MCFTB programs. Compiled and Maintained data and statistics for HQMC and served as direct communication between Cherry Point MCFTB and HQMC.
• Assisted in Training Classes for both KV and LINKS, prepared and organized training and graduation materials for all MCFTB training classes. Assisted with R&R Briefs, SLS, and Other MCFTB Sponsored Briefs, Command Events and Seminars.
• Served as Training Liaison for LINKS and disseminates information for upcoming training.
• Maintained a schedule of up coming training and ensures sufficient staff members are available to conduct training.
• Made arrangements for a wide variety of meetings and trainings to include any food and beverage obligations in support of, disseminated topics covered, time and location information.
• Created, Maintained and distributed the Quarterly Newsletter and event flyers.
• Maintained a ledger/spreadsheet of expenditures, which is reconciled through Marine Corps Family Team Building and MCCS Financial Division. Lists recommended items for budget expenses, and ordered items as needed.
• Leadership skills to effectively plan, coordinate and direct MCFTB services and operations; thorough knowledge of business practices, economic principles and ability to analyze trends and make improvements; knowledge of military life, family dynamics, separation, effects of deployments, and ability to assess needs, measure effectiveness and make improvements; skills to deal effectively with social, family and individual problem situations.
2002-2005 MCCS Key Volunteer Network/MCFTB, Parris Island, SC
Depot Key Volunteer Coordinator, Program/Executive Assistant
• Served as a primary representative to provide command family readiness outreach, support and assistance to a unit's military personnel and their families at the General Officer command level, exercise judgment and initiative in carrying out responsibilities, work independently with established guidance to ensure program effectiveness and effective use of resources.
• Maintained and provided support at the MCFTB for all Commands, ensured officer environment was that of a professional nature and all equipment was in working order. Worked with Battalion CO’, Xo’s and FRO’s to ensure family readiness was up to date
• Upgraded office filing system and maintained all personnel records for 150 people, Created a computerized volunteer database, maintain statistical information for the Depot.
• Assured the unit conforms to applicable guidance and regulations in the execution of the Unit Family Readiness Program and remains ready to successfully undergo the scrutiny of higher-headquarters assessments.
• Prepared and published a 30-page Hurricane survival guide for all permanent personnel families aboard the Depot for the 2004 Hurricane season. Maintained a local area information Guide know as “The Scuttlebutt” for dissemination to all new area arrivals.
• Duties included word processing of letters, memos, articles, writing/designing monthly newsletters, Updating volunteer registry and recruiting new Volunteers for membership. Designing a new edition of the Volunteer Directory on a quarterly basis.
2003-2005 University of Maryland, Adelphi, MD
General Education; 27 SH, 3.7 GPA
2007-2010 Park University, Parkville MO
AS in Social Psychology
BS in Social Psychology, GPA 3.66