Vaughn A. Hart
A hands-on Systems Admin with project delegation, management and implementation experience in
today’s aggregate cross platform environments with demonstrable ROI and fiscal savings.
B.A., Literature & Writing, Columbia University May 2008
Deans List, 3.37 GPA
Electrical Engineering, R.I.T.
Manager, Founder, Aegis IT, LLC January 2007– Present
• Decreased IT project budget by 15K via utilization of VMWare and minor hardware upgrades.
• Saved 10K in hardware and service fees for client by designing IT infrastructure with architect.
• Saved customer 60% in renewable fees by installing an off-site DR solution using Retrospect.
• Performed day-to-day desktop and server support for clients running Windows, Mac and Linux.
• Designed comprehensive wiring plans with vendor for easier troubleshooting and management.
• Saved 3K off a purchase proposal by negotiation overall price of project down by 30%.
Freelance IT Consultant May 2005 – December 2006
• Saved 15% on IT spending by competitively bidding projects among vendors and sub-contractors.
• Secured IT environments by implementing end-to-end security with network firewalls.
• Organized location moves for zero business downtime by coordinating
IT Analyst, Cherry Lane Music June 2000 – September 2006
• Saved 10K in annual managed service fees by elimination the need for three different consultants.
• Eliminated consulting costs by developing an in-house lab for a Windows 2003 domain upgrade.
• Administrated DR solutions with ArcServe and Retrospect then off-site IM and GRM storage.
• Managed and supported in-house Exchange 2003 for 100+ mailboxes and a BES servers.
IT Consultant March 1998 – May 2000
• At Brookhaven National Laboratory, performed desktop support for Windows and Macs.
Servers Windows Server 2003, Exchange 2003, Ubuntu 8.04LTS, Mac OS X Server, BES/BIS
Desktops Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OS X, Ubuntu 8.04LTS, Ghost, TrackIT
DR ArcServer, Retrospect, Asigra Televaulting (via DSC and AmeriVault)
SAN Equallogic, OpenFiler
Virtual VMWare ESX and ESXi 3.5, VMWare Player, VMWare Workstation, Parallels
Routers Sonicwall, Cisco ASA, WatchGuard, Vyatta
AntiVirus Trend OfficeScan, Symantec EndPoint