Charles G. York Jr.
NOBLESVILLE, IN 46062
OBJECTIVE: To find a challenging position within a growing company that will allow me to utilize my knowledge and expertise to benefit both my employer and myself. I am very reliable, diligent, and team oriented. I have confidence that I will help any company become safer, stronger and more productive.
THYSSENKRUPP ELEVATOR: FIELD OPERATIONS/BUSINESS ANALYST 2006-2011
• Part of NAFO (North Americas Field Operations) working directly with branch offices to guarantee corporate policies and procedures are implemented, and followed to ensure productivity and profitability are met or exceeded. Implement Oracle software program to all branches in the continental USA.
• Work directly with software developers and architects to insure software functionality met the businesses objectives.
• Trained branch employees on system upgrades, while insuring daily functions were not interrupted.
• Documentation of testing and training results.
• Conducted training seminars to all levels of system end users.
• Responsible for creating Power Point presentations and Excel spreadsheets.
• Create system generated reports for upper management tracking.
• Conducted training courses for all field mechanics to insure knowledge of new software on their mobile devices to track hours, expenses, and materials.
• Estimate projects. Including print review, material orders, and manpower projections.
• Work directly with IUEC locals for mechanics.
• Responsible for all annual/semi annual/daily safety training and reviews.
• Coordination with General Contractors/customers to insure schedule and costs are met or improved.
• Continuous job site inspections to ensure safety, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
• Multiple software systems for part ordering, project status, crew projections, required documentation for reporting purposes, and payroll.
• Read, edit, review, and execute all contracts.
• Ensure that all company safety and OSHA requirements are documented and followed.
• Extensive knowledge of building prints, electric and plumbing schematics, and architectural requirements; to ensure project coordination is communicated and implemented properly.
• Ensure manpower requirements are met and not exceeded.
• Coordinate and conduct inspections as required.
• Conduct employee reviews annually. Terminate and hire as required based on workload and performance.
• Managed multimillion dollar projects with large companies, establishing excellent relations and profitability.
• Customer and technical experience to insure smooth transitions throughout completion and turn over of projects.
CHARLES YORK CONSTRUCTION: OWNER 2001-2006
• Build and remodel commercially and residential.
• Real estate assignments, inspections, financing, and development.
• Worked as General Contractor, sub-contractor, and remodeling manager for several restaurants.
• Retail remodeling, building, and structure change.
• Manage and train several employees.
• Supervise multiple sub-contractors.
• Knowledgeable in writing and overseeing contracts with multiple companies.
• Work with design consultants, building inspectors, and engineers.
• Estimate all jobs.
• Sell all jobs and materials necessary for completion.
• Excellent customer relations, work relentlessly for customer satisfaction.
• Manage all jobs while going through all building phases.
• Complete skills and knowledge of all trades, including plumbing and electric.
• Read blue prints.
• Take off's from blue prints.
• Full responsibility for all projects until they are finished.
• Own truck.
• Own tools.
• Detail oriented.
• Install cable wire and phone wire.
• Educated in OSHA safety standards and building codes.
• Sub-contractor involved in building the Detroit Casino's from ground up.
• Crew leader for renovation of the Fox and State Theaters in Detroit, MI.
• Crew leader for building local Tubby restaurants.
• Crew leader for the Hilton Hotel chain renovations.
OGURA – WAREHOUSE MANAGER (4 BUILDINGS) 1993-2001
• Responsible for training and delegating daily production operations for automotive service and aftermarket parts.
• Production scheduling and order preparations.
• Using multiple software types for daily operations (QAD, Lotus, STBAR, etc.)
• Knowledgeable in QS9000; Implemented and worked with program for several years.
• Inventory control in all 4 locations.
• Responsible for purchasing, implementing, and maintaining up to date production line needs to improve operations.
• Warehouse/machine maintenance.
• Packaged and shipped materials.
• Constant customer relations to secure future accounts.
• Handled logistics for inbound and outbound freight.
First aid/CPR Certified
5/1993 BUILDERS LICENSE – CERTIFICATION, LICENSE # 210*******
6/1983 HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA