Lindell R. Robinson, CPA, CMA, CGMA, MBA
Proven financial leadership experience and reputation for designing and implementing business structures and strategies to help privately and closely held companies achieve desired results. Direct the operations, accounting, planning, treasury, risk management, IT and administration functions providing Chief Executive Officers the flexibility to pursue strategic opportunities. Previously held positions as Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer, General Manager, Controller, Professional Consultant and Business Advisor working with companies to achieve strategic initiatives and operational goals. Corporate experience in publicly and privately held multi-entity and multi-site domestic and global companies. Diverse background with knowledge in Manufacturing and Distribution for the Electrical Components, Machinery and Equipment, Contract Manufacturing, Forest and Paper Products, Energy, Transportation, Cement and Protective Coatings industries.
● Strategic Change Management ● Divestitures ● Risk Management
● Organizational Restructuring ● Raising Capital ● Accounting ● Mergers & Acquisitions ● Strategic Planning ● Administration
● Startups ● Financial Planning & Analysis ● Mgt. Information Systems
● Operations ● Cash Flow Management ● Capital Spending Justifications
MORRISON BERKSHIRE, INC., North Adams, MA 2010-2011
Privately held contract manufacturing company.
Chief Operating Officer – Accepted one year assignment reporting to the Advisory Group to restructure the company.
• Completed six year business review to identify strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities to the Advisory Group.
• Performed work center costing review which lead to a twenty five percent increase to the existing price list. $1.1 million increase to income.
• Implemented business controls to insure the attainment of expected costs on quoted and accepted business. Profit improvement of $200,000.
• Provided direction to improve profitability. Profitability over the last six months of 2011 improved significantly over the first six months of the year. Profitability improvement continued into the first quarter of 2011.
• Implemented procedures which significantly improved cash flow for the last six months of 2010 compared to the first half of the year. Cash flow improvement continued into the first quarter of 2011.
LRR ADVISORY SERVICES, Weddington, NC 2007-Present
Self employed consulting business.
Business Advisor – Consultant advising companies on financial and administrative issues including finance, accounting, treasury and risk management.
• Implemented planning and budgeting systems.
• Completed financial justification for $5.0 million business purchase using discounted cash flow techniques.
• Completed financial justification for $600,000 fixed asset purchase using discounted cash flow techniques.
• Identified collateral for $2.0 million loan application.
• Restated four years of financial data to allow client to better understand itself and make industry comparisons.
• Provided financial direction on annual closing and financial statement preparation.
• Assisted in the implementation of AvaTax sales tax software to insure compliance to various states reporting requirements.
• Provided input for Operating Agreement for a new business venture.
EX-FACTORY INC., Charlotte, NC 2007-2009
Privately held company consisting of three legal entities specializing in marketing woodworking equipment, leasing programs and biomass processing systems.
General Manager & Chief Financial Officer – Executive Leadership Team member reporting to the President/CEO. Responsible for all financial and administrative functions including finance, accounting, treasury and risk management.
• Provided financial and business partnering leadership in company turnaround ($1.5 million profit improvement 2008 vs.2007).
• Devised and implemented formal budgeting and financial planning system to improve management controls and cash flow.
• Established business unit profit center reporting that enabled elimination of redundant costs, saving $800,000 annually.
• Organized financial data and prepared monthly financial statements for two startup companies that had been in operation for more than a year.
WHITE HOLDING COMPANY, Fort Lawn, SC 2005-2007
Multi-site contract manufacturing concern comprising six legal entities.
Chief Financial Officer – Executive Team member reporting to the President/CEO. Responsible for all financial and administrative functions including finance, accounting, treasury, risk management and information technology.
• Led the turnaround of a contract manufacturing company, improving profitability $500,000 (2006 vs. 2005).
• Achieved 15% reduction in health, property and casualty and workers’ compensation insurance premiums without a reduction in coverage.
• Facilitated alignment of business structure with company’s growth and diversification strategic initiatives.
• Implemented VISUAL ERP manufacturing module at a textile machinery manufacturing company, resulting in automated purchase orders and improved control over purchasing and material inventory.
• Coordinated the company’s merger, acquisition and new company startup activities.
• Appointed to the Council of Advisors, a group of external directors, upon leaving the White Holding Company.
EXPERIS US, Charlotte, NC 2004-2005
Formerly Jefferson Wells, a subsidiary of Manpower Inc., Experis US is an international professional financial consulting firm.
Project Professional – Consultant assigned to the Financial Operations Group.
• Provided guidance to clients in Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
• Helped a client with perceived material weaknesses receive an unqualified internal control opinion.
BIESSE AMERICA, INC., Charlotte, NC 2001-2003
A wholly owned subsidiary of Biesse S.p.A. (Italy), a publicly held woodworking machinery manufacturer.
Chief Financial Officer/Treasurer – Senior Management Team member reporting to the President/CEO. Responsible for all financial and administrative functions including finance, accounting, treasury and risk management.
• Implemented programs to reduce inventory $2.5 million and accounts receivable $2.0 million.
• Partnered with Senior Management Team to reduce annual operating expenses by 15% or $1.5 million.
• Established vendor leasing program which generated $200,000 profit in the first year of operation.
• Directed G/L upgrade which improved the reliability, timeliness and effectiveness of financial information.
• Improved relations with the company’s auditor, banker and insurance broker.
• Directed the company’s sales tax registration efforts to meet compliance requirements.
EDWARDS WOOD PRODUCTS, INC., Marshville, NC 1997-2001
Privately held multi-site comprised of six corporations.
Vice President Finance/Chief Financial Officer – Executive Leadership Team member reporting to the President and Chairman. Responsible for all financial and administrative management including finance, accounting, treasury, risk management, management information systems and administration.
• Designed and implemented monthly profit center reporting that improved net income $500,000 or 100% (1997 vs. 1996).
• As General Manager of startup propane company, directed second year operations to a break even.
• Negotiated several multi-million dollar financing agreements to fund acquisition and expansion programs.
• Directed company’s hardware and software upgrade to improve monthly closing from eighteen to five workdays.
• Directed merger, acquisition and divesture activities.
ROBINSON NUGENT, INC., New Albany, Indiana 1981 – 1996
A publicly held international manufacturer of electronic connectors. The company manufactured multiple product lines in the United States, Europe and Asia with annual sales of $90 million.
Corporate Controller – Member of corporate management team reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. Responsible for all accounting activities of the company. Joined the company as a Financial Analyst to start the Planning Department. Promoted to Manager of Financial Planning, Manufacturing Controller and Corporate Controller as responsibilities and involvement in the company expanded.
• Reduced annual operating costs $1.5 million while participating on management review team that consolidated two plants.
• Improved cash flow by $1 million by reducing accounts receivable days sales outstanding from 46 days to 39 days.
• Developed manufacturing variance reporting system resulting in the reduction of material and labor variances by 50%.
• Generated 17% annual increase in sales over three-year period by launching five new product lines while participating on the company’s Product Development Committee.
• Established planning department that prepared revolving forecasts, budgets, annual plans and strategic initiatives.
• Directed preparation of external and internal financial statements. Coordinated quarterly reviews, annual audits, SEC filings, SEC compliance and communications to stockholders.
Additional Professional Experience:
DEVOE AND RAYNOLDS CO., INC., Louisville, KY, Supervisor of Financial Analysis
PENN DIXIE INDUSTRIES, INC., Kokomo, IN, Senior Financial Analyst
CHAMPION INTERNATIONAL, INC., Hamilton, OH, Cost Analyst
Education & Credentials
Washington Institute for Graduate Studies, San Diego, CA, Masters of Science in Taxation
Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH, MBA, Finance
Miami University, Oxford, OH, BS, Accounting
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Member, Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)