MICHAEL F. TAMBORRINO
Stamford, CT 06902 email@example.com
MBA Sales Executive offers demonstrated success
at overcoming challenges to close significant software and services sales
~ Technical Solution-Selling Expertise ~ Professional Client Relationship Management
~ Leads Engagement Team ~ Persistent and Assertive
~ Goal and Quota Driven ~ Success in Long Sales Cycles
~ Adept at WebEx / GoToMeeting virtual demo software presentations
~ Experienced with top CRM systems such as SFDC, SalesLogix & similar
SALES PROCESS METHODOLOGY
Prospecting: Conduct precise industry research, maximize trade show and industry group contacts, superior territory management
Qualification Metrics: Qualify on Budget, Authority, Need and Timeline
Discovery / Needs Analysis: Understand prospect environment, pursue 2nd & 3rd layer questioning, RFP/RFI production, internal support team assembly
Presentation Styles: Conceptual, white boarding, software demo, slideshow
Validation: Proof of concept, project scope, workshop, IT/services/executive call, references
Recommendation: Proposal, Statement of Work
Negotiation & Contract: Consultation with decision makers, procurement and legal
SAMPLE SALES & SUCCESS
~ Successfully closed sales of $30K-250K at mid-market, lower enterprise and government clients including Sprint, Northrop Grumman, Deltek, Belmont Metals and the U.S. Army.
~ Revived lead abandoned for 6 months, selling a $230K ERP system 4X average deal size. Secured meeting with prospect, told to impress early or exit, as competition’s process was advanced stage. Assembled internal team & external partners, engaged in sales process, met multiple points of contact many times, and closed in 9 months.
~ “Mike is a very talented sales rep with the passion & drive to be successful. He’s very adept at articulating the value of a solution and directly addressing how the solution will solve the client's pain. I would strongly recommend Mike for any sales position” Former Colleague
MBA, Finance University of Connecticut, Stamford, CT
BS, Marketing University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
Effective Speaking and Human Relations Dale Carnegie Institute, Stamford, CT
Formal Sales Training:
~ Selling to VITO ~ Miller Heiman
~ Sandler Sales Institute
Varicent Software - Stamford, CT 2011 – 2012
Account Executive - Sales Performance Management Software – SaaS
• Achieved 105% FYE 2011 Q4 quota, equal to $53,000, after just 3.5 months on the job.
• Enhanced various steps of the sales engagement model, including software demos.
• Engaged and coordinated with HR, Sales, Sales Operations, IT & Finance departments.
• Mid-Market division, Eastern North America territory.
Owl Computing Technologies - Ridgefield, CT 2008 – 2010
Federal Sales Executive – Information Technology Security Software/Hardware
• Generated $920,000 in revenue in calendar 2009.
• Responsible for sales to Department of Defense – Army, Navy, Air Force and government integrators.
• Created additional lead source by installing government contacts/contracts database called INPUT.
• Initiated in-house company presentation and solution demonstration procedure for prospects.
NextTec Group - Secaucus, NJ 2007 – 2008
Business Development Manager – ERP/CRM Software Value-Added Reseller
• Generated $590,000 in revenue in calendar 2007.
• Northern NYC metro area territory: sales of Sage & Microsoft software & consulting.
• Conducted demonstrations of Microsoft Dynamics GP software to potential clients.
• Developed new lead sources and marketing programs leading to an increase in qualified prospects.
Protegrity USA - Stamford, CT 2004 – 2006
Sr. Account Executive – Data Security Management Software
Promoted from Account Executive position in 2005.
• Engaged prospects in technical discussions and online presentations.
• Reached out to key IT security decision makers regarding regulatory compliance and security initiatives in Northeast and selected Northwest states.
• Managed company pipeline of strongest prospects in a 6 –12 month sales cycle.
TheoFinance - Norwalk, CT 1999 – 2004
Regional Sales Manager – Global Invoice Management Service/Software
• Closed largest deal in the history of the U.S. division, annualized at app $250,000.
• Generated average yearly revenue totals of $450,000 – was amongst top producers.
• Prospected within C level of finance departments and pursued channel partnerships.
• Met with trade group and credit insurance brokers to develop business opportunities.
Hyperion Solutions - Stamford, CT 1996 – 1999
Inside Sale Representative – Analytic Application Software
Promoted from Field Marketing Representative in 1998.
• Achieved 100 - 110% of FY1996 - 1998 quota & averaged 3.5 out of a possible 4.0 rating.
• Targeted install base and sold add-ons to existing software.
• Prospected all levels of Finance and IT to uncover needs and engage in product demonstration seminar.
• Supported direct sales force in efforts to generate new business sources & arrange initial meeting.
H. Muehlstein & Company, Inc. - Norwalk, CT 1986 – 1996
Regional Credit Supervisor - Plastic Resin Broker
Promoted from Credit Analyst in 1992
• Managed staff of 3 with responsibility over all credit functions for $320M subsidiary of Mobil Chemical.
• Developed priority system for past dues, boosting annual cash flow by $12M and reducing DSO by 2 days.
• Onsite client interaction caused credit limit increases that enabled $5MM in additional yearly sales.
• Maximized credit extensions by varied means while limiting bad debt write-offs to .05% of sales.
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT & PERSONAL INTERESTS
• Fundraising Leader, Stamford Hospital Hope-in-Motion for Bennett Cancer Center
• Organizing Committee, UConn Alumni Association, Fairfield County
• Participant, Domus Stamford Student Mentor Program
• Board of Directors, Second Fairlawn Condominium Associations & Sound Cyclists Bicycle Club (Past)
• Trained for and completed: 3 New York City & 2 Hartford Marathons, 35+ half marathons