Andrew C. Sorensen
Cell # 773-***-**** Email: email@example.com
Sales, Marketing & Strategy Executive
Business Development / Product Management / Market Strategy
Strong management career providing leadership, focused mission building, strategic planning and compelling client value in the areas of online media sales, marketing and communications. Results-driven entrepreneurial executive with 15 years experience in start-up and turn around companies. Entrepreneurial zeal and drive with technology know how to shepherd projects, innovative and launch new strategies. Areas of expertise include:
• Product Program Management
• Team & Relationship Building
• Client & Vendor Negotiations
• Organizational Development
• Assessment & Analysis
• Product & Market Alliance
• Sales Leadership & Direction
• Communication & Organization
• Budgeting & Forecasting
• Campaign Management
• Value Add Solutions
• Strategy & Execution
• Grew startup company from zero to $15 million in annual revenues within 2.5 years
• Led simultaneous business development strategies that catapulted revenues from $1 to $15 million
• Guided organization to single largest annual revenue increase in company history - $6 million
• Reversed under-performing territory with zero sales into a $2 million dollar profit
• Implemented sales to distribute products into nationwide large box chain store – Menard’s (300 Stores)
Inhibitor Technology Corporation Rockford, IL
Sales Executive (2002 – Present)
All aspects of sales including B2B, outside, inside and territorial sales including business development of Fortune 500 companies and Large Box store supply chain client management, effectively prospected clients and pursued leads to build customer base and have generated millions in revenue growth. Adept at determining customer requirements and products best suited for their business requirements. Outstanding communication, networking, marketing, sourcing, analytics, brand management and customer service skills from initial customer contact to post-sale customer services. Responsible for leading cross functional teams toward organizational objectives. Plan and execute business operations strategies. Re-engineer core assets and applications to create new market opportunities, boost production, and execute greater shareholder value.
• Successfully helped develop over 50 new product lines from the ground up and was able to create a worldwide brand that has generated millions of dollars in yearly revenue.
• Developed marketing and management strategies for new product lines.
• Developed distribution avenues into the Retail, Consumer, Packaging, Chemical, Sporting Goods, Military and industrial market place.
• Successfully hired, trained and managed a sales team of 20 or more people that were able to consistently exceed annual sales goals in national markets and international markets.
• Champion product innovation, case creation and competitive assessment; optimized existing products creating innovative business models with highly leveraged residual revenue strategies.
• Established a core business model with corresponding marketing and internet strategy.
• Qualified appropriate companies and profitably
Purchasing Executive (1998 – 2002)
Responsible for purchasing all products and inventory for brand new product lines that were implemented into the retail and industrial market place, was in charge of cutting purchase orders and establishing numerous new vendor relationships and in return I was able to save the company thousands of dollars in their annual purchasing budget. Responsible for making sure all inventory was ordered and received in a timely fashion in accordance with established manufacturing schedules and delivery deadlines. Packaging Category I was responsible for category management including strategy development, negotiations, market intelligence and forecasts for President and Vice President.
I Lead and coordinated procurement and control activities for assigned categories to meet business unit production schedules, inventory targets, quality requirements and tracked targeted value delivery. This included analysis, planning, supplier transitions / business allocations and savings including contractual resolutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Sourcing Management of Packaging Categories : Managed the strategic sourcing process for the primary and secondary packaging categories corrugated boxes, stretch film, cores/core paper, Labels, folding cartons, cover bags, pallets, printing plates, bubble wrap, copy paper, toners, ribbons and racking systems.
• Develop contract negotiations and supply agreement terms
• Conduct RFP’s
• Supplier identification, qualification and building on existing business relationship management
• Lead and facilitate business transitions
• Lead continuous improvement methods with all vendors and suppliers
• Work with R&D, operations and marketing to facilitate effective service and product enhancements and to identify new sourcing techniques for packaging supply categories
• Develop and implement new metrics to measure supplier performance against existing services
• Lean supply chain practices and excellent quality control
• Developed expected cost models and diagrams to establish price Matrix formula for all product
Domestic Finished Goods / Contract Manufacturing Suppliers
• Managed all sectors of purchasing and procurement in relations to contracts regarding domestic manufacturing suppliers or vendors which includes :
• Supplier or Vendor identification, qualifications and selections, continued relationship management
• Development of supplies agreement with terms and conditions for contract negotiations
• SAP, ERP experience, Lean Management
• Management and approval of overall pricing for all vendors and suppliers
Operations Manager (1997 – 1998)
Managed the storage and distribution of products and materials, supervised the activities of production and full assembly plant operations, coordinated with management to identify new product launches and special packaging requirements. Coordinated daily shipping and receiving and was able to identify transportation vendor qualifications and contract agreements of inbound, outbound, domestic and international shipments. Maintained product inventory including analytics of full company product line and coordinated with management on ordering and stocking of additional product. Managed and set-up the corporate booth at several tradeshows including the design of the full booth:
• Las Vegas Shot Show
• Outdoors Show Rosemont
• Sporting Goods Show
• ATA Show
• ICAST Show
• Hardware Show
• NACE Show
• Industrial Chemical Show
• Military Packaging Show
• DOD Show
• Industrial Hardware Show
• Industrial Packaging Show