Somerton, AZ *****
Evelyn Fonseca email@example.com
Seeking a full-time medical assistant or phlebotomist position in the health care industry. Ardent desire to work and care for patients.
Skills and Qualifications
• Extensive medical terminology knowledge.
• Bilingual, fluent in English and Spanish.
• CPR certified (Health care professional level)
• Skilled in phlebotomy
• Ability to perform, read and interpret EKGs
• Prepare and administer injections/vaccinations
• Basic coding and billing knowledge
• Two year experience in college working toward BSN degree
• Three week externship at a primary care physician’s office.
o Responsible for greeting, taking vitals and checking in/out patients, preparing exam rooms.
o Drawing blood, preparing/ giving injections/immunizations, EKGs, UAs, sterilizing instruments.
o Answering phone calls, making appointments, patient referrals, ordering supplies, coding and billing.
o Screening calls, authorizations, scheduling surgeries.
• Kofa High School, Yuma, Arizona (August 2006-May 2010)
• Medical Assistant, Health Education Career Institute, Yuma, AZ
(June 2012- August 2012)
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
(August 2010- Present)
• Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint
• Electronic Medical Record
• Scheduling software