Mr. Md. Shamim Coating Supervisor/ QC Inspector
NACE level 3 certified Coating Inspector with expertise in Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Planning, Estimation, Costing, Coordination, Client-Meeting Presentation and Technical Correspondence. Conversant with methods and procedures of various types of surface preparations and coating application as per specification. A motivated and team leader who possess keen eye for details together with professional skills like analytical, planning, organizing, team supervision, technical correspondence, time management and communication. 16 years experienced in various types of surface preparation i.e. (Abrasive Blast cleaning, Hydro jetting, Power tool cleaning, Spray Painting, Pipe lining & coatings application).
NACE level 3(Peer Review) Certified Paint Inspector.
• Supervised & inspected various types of surface preparation & coating application in Dubai Dry-Docks, DUBAI-U.A.E. Experience in Tankers, Cargo Container & Cargo carrier vessels, Oil Rigs and FPSO projects, Pipe Coatings and linings.
• Consistently being promoted in job responsibilities started from Blaster/Painter Foreman to Senior Quality Control Inspector.
• Recognized by NACE International Coating Inspector Program for passing the Code of Professional Conduct through certification program Peer Review.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE:
I have been worked for Dubai dry docks, Dubai, U.A.E since May 1992 to March 2008 as a Sr. QC Inspector. Recently joined with Bureauveritas, Abu Dhabi as a Coating Inspector.
Gained extensive knowledge in various types of Surface preparation, Coatings application and Rubber lining.
Experienced in Repair & Maintenance coatings, New Shipbuilding, FPSO Conversion projects, Semi Submersibles items, Pipe Coating & Rubber linings.
• Supervise, monitor & inspect various type of surface preparation i.e. Grit blasting, Water jetting, Power tool cleaning and Coatings and Lining application.
• Establish required standard as per specification and supervise their implementation.
• Inspect the material samples at site to incorporate with the commented approvals.
• Adhere to Quality Control & Quality Assurance policies and procedures.
• Prepare corporate and project coating specification for Marine and Protective Coating.
• Troubleshooting of coating problems.
• Performing related duties as assigned and developing workmanship with team members.
• Attended various in house trainings covering safety, quality methods, procedure & techniques of coating conducted by Sigma and Jotun Paints company held in Dubai dry docks, DUBAI-U.A.E
• Basic training in DE1/01A Computer Operator-Word, Excel, Outlook & Widows XP.
• Attended Lifesaver First Aid Course, Fast Consultant, DUBAI-U.A.E
• Participated in General Safety & Basic Fire Fighting Course in Dubai dry docks.
• Completed training Course in Front Line Management, Dubai dry docks.
MS Office, Internet and Email
Secondary School Certificate passed.
NACE level 3 (Peer review) Certified Coating Inspector.
Nationality: Bangladeshi Date of Birth: 5th March 1967 Marital Status: Married
Languages: Fluent in English, Bengali & Hindi.
Have U.A.E light vehicle Driving license.