Ankeny, IA *****
Employment as a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative utilizing my background in medicine, technical laboratory experience, and customer service skills.
• Takes initiative and able to manage time effectively, experience planning projects
• Problem solving skills, experience trouble-shooting and developing new laboratory tests
• Great communication skills developed with over 5 years of experience in customer
• Efficient and quick learner with a background in veterinary medicine, allowing the
understanding of technical terms and a biological basis of how a pharmaceutical “works”.
May 2012 Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, graduated cum laude
Completed and passed the North American Veterinary Licensing
Examination and licensed to practice in the state of Iowa.
December 2003 University of Wisconsin La Crosse
Bachelor of Science in Microbiology and a minor in Chemistry
Senior Research Project
Viral protein interactions during virus assembly of human
parainfluenza virus type 3 using techniques such as DNA
purification, PCR, cloning, and gel electrophoresis
Emergency Room Veterinary Technician 2009 – 2011
Iowa Veterinary Specialties; Des Moines, IA
Provided care for hospitalized animals, patient check-in and histories, performed
venipuncture, IV and urinary catheterization, administered medications, performed blood work-ups, and lab analysis.
Biological Laboratory Technician 2010 – 2011, 2005 – 2009
GS-7, USDA APHIS Diagnostic Bacteriology Laboratory, Bacterial and Hemoparasitic SerologySection; Ames, IA
Performed diagnostic tests including complement fixation, ELISA, fluorescence
polarization, rapid automated presumptive tests, and Western blot. Analyzed test data
using a variety of computer applications. Assisted in development of a new ELISA test
for Brucella ovis and implemented Western blot testing for Brucella.
Caregiver 2006 - 2006
At Home Care Company, Ames, IA
Provided personal care as well as companionship to the elderly on an as needed basis.
Biological Laboratory Technician 2004 – 2005
GS-6, USDA APHIS Diagnostic Virology laboratory, Avian Viruses Section, Ames, IA
Performed serological tests such as hemagglutanin inhibition, neuraminidase inhibition,agar gel immunodiffusion assays, ELISA, and immunofluorescence assays for diseasessuch as avian influenza and Newcastle disease. Performed virus isolation techniques,PCR extractions, cell culture, and necropsy of birds. Promoted from a GS5 to a GS6 inApril of 2005.
Veterinary Receptionist 2003 – 2004
La Crosse Veterinary Clinic, La Crosse, WI
Worked in customer service and provided advice for the care of sick animals. Answered
phones, scheduled appointments, filled prescription medications, and assisted in animal care and restraint.
Physical Science Technician 2001 – 2003
USGS Upper Midwest Environemntal Science Center, La Crosse, WI
Performed toxicity testing of lampricides, aquaculture drug testing, and fish culture. Kept detailed GLP documentation under FDA guidelines.
• Salsbury Scholarship - Presented April 2011
• Arthur M. Margaret E. Orum Scholarship – Presented April 2010
• Spot Award – Presented October 2007 by NVSL for project development work
• Spot Award – Presented January 2007 by NVSL for work in quality assurance
• Star Award – Presented October 16, 2002 by Upper Midwest Environmental Sciences
Center for contributions to develop approvals for medicinal drugs for use in aquaculture.
• Star Award – Presented September 6, 2001 by Upper Midwest Environmental Sciences
Center for aide in investigating the acute effects of lampricides on several species of mussels
• Golden Key International Honour Society Membership – In recognition of outstanding
• Student Chapter of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 2008 - 2012
• Student Chapter of the Veterinary Business Association, 2008-2011
• Student Chapter of the Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Association, 2009 - 2011
• Treasurer, Student Chapter of the Society for Theriogenology, 2009-2010
• Feral Cat Alliance – assist and perform spay and neuter surgeries, 2008 - 2012
• Mary Greeley Medical Center in Oncology & Pediatrics, 2006-2007
• Coulee Region Humane Society, 2003 - 2004
• Franciscan Skemp Hospital in Rehabilitation Services, 2002