SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Medical Terminology, Anatomy & Physiology I and II, Medical Law & Ethics, HIPAA policies and procedures regarding patient confidentiality
• Computerizing Medical Billing, ICD-9 Coding & CPT Coding, Electronic Health Records
• Clinical Health Management, such as executing Vital Signs, Blood Pressure, Height & Weight
• Student Success Strategies and Computer and Information Literacy- Microsoft Applications (Word and basic Excel)
• Accomplished, focused and vibrant administrative professional with experience in office administration functions. Proficiency in computer banking programs such as CPCS and AFS
• Bilingual Spanish with excellent organization, ability to multitask, leadership and time management skills
Lincoln Technical Institute, Edison, NJ 2011 – 2012
Medical Administrative Assistant Program (Current GPA 3.75) - Excellent Attendance Rate, Dean's List
Brown Business School Academic, Lima, Peru
Certified Office Assistant Administrator
PROMPT CARE, Clark, NJ
Medical Administrative Assistant- Externship- 180hours
• Contacted patients directly for remaining balances
• Verified insurance coverage
• Updated patient files using CPR
• Obtained pre-certifications for patients
• Prepared monthly billing statements to be sent out by mail
• Documented patient charts when payments were received
• Organized documents received from hospitals, referrals, doctor’s diagnosis and nurse’s notes to be filed
ELECTRONIC DATA SYSTEMS (EDS), Totowa, NJ 2001-2010
• Provided supervision and oversight of the day-to-day functions of the Proof and Transit, input directory, and priority remittance service areas.
• Controlled the workflow and over saw the performance of a staff of ten, establishing deadlines and ensuring all processing and transmissions are completed in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner.
• Processed workflow for overseas and domestic clients to support business objectives
• Performed and verified postings and image file transmissions to the Federal Reserve.
• Maintained and reported daily and monthly MIS statistics to senior management, identifying and reporting on counterfeited documents or missing items.
• Collaborated with cross-functional departments in supporting ongoing training initiatives.
• Check, approve, and authorize adjustment tickets to balance transactions and prevent delays.
•Schedule and maintain employee attendance and vacation records, accommodating the needs of the department to ensure no disruptions in service.
FISERV SOLUTIONS INC., South Plainfield, NJ 1997- 2001
• Acted as second in command, supporting department supervisor in establishing department procedures and schedules.
• Assisted encoding staff in location discrepancies and small mechanical problems of the NCR Encoders
NATIONAL WESTMINSTER BANK, South Plainfield, NJ 1986- 1992
• Directly responsible for the accurate numerical data entry and processing of multiple transactions utilizing
Unisys encoder machines.