**** ******** ***** *** # ***, firstname.lastname@example.org
San Diego, California 92115 408-***-****
Seeking a full time position in the field of Software Quality Engineering.
San Diego State University, San Diego, CA May 2012
Masters of Science in Computer Science
Ganpat University, U.V. Patel College of Engineering, Gujarat, India June 2008
Bachelors of Engineering in Information Technology
• Programming Skills: JAVA, C, C++, Prolog, Joomla
• Databases: Oracle 8, MS Access, SQL Server 2000, MySQL
• Scripting: Shell Programming, PHP
• Application/Web Server: Apache Tomcat, WAMP
• IDE: NetBeans IDE, Eclipse, DreamWeaver, Zend Studio, Rational Rose, MS Visio
• Operating Systems: Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP, Linux/Unix, DOS
Test Engineer at Qualcomm June 2011 – Current
• Responsible for Power Measurement on Commercial Devices(Samsung, LG, HTC)
• Check power on different test plan and scenarios
• Compare power numbers to different chips and device
• Check Power break down on device.
• Involved in complete QA cycle including Requirement analysis, writing manual test cases, Test plans, preparing test scenarios and test data, manual testing, bug reporting, test automation for the mobile devices.
• Extensive experience in different testing methodologies including Functional testing, System testing, regression testing, and Integration testing.
• Discuss the project requirements and progress and estimated the QA timelines
• Flash the mobile and do the sanity testing on every build, mobile functionality check.
• Bug reporting and Bug tracking using JIRA
• Able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Take the screen shot and Log and report to the developer
• Instrument : CMU 200, CALL BOX, QPST, QXDM, JIRA,HopLite,Agilent 8960
Mobile Software Development Test Engineer at Motorola Mobility March 2011 – June 2011
• Responsible for Current Drain Test(Primitive testing, Profile 3 testing, Battery Satisfaction Predictor)
• Flash the mobile and do the sanity testing on every build, mobile functionality check. taking screenshot and log
• Instrument : CMU 200, CALL BOX, QPST, QXDM, JIRA, Test Center, RSD Lite, Power monitor
• Performing Testing using Perl scripts and CTS (Conformance Test Suite provided by Google for Android certification) for android based devices.
• Involved in Design and execution of Test Cases.
• Involved in functionality and regression testing
• Bug reporting, Bug tracking and Bug analysis using DDTS internal tool
• Made test plans for multimedia (Video/Display/Audio/Graphic/Core /Camera/Camcorder) cases for SMS/MMS cases.
• Defined and executed cases for Sanity and Regression test for attachment of Multimedia files in text messaging
• As a member of Product Test Team, performing automation testing for fulfilling
Graduate Student Assistant (web Development) at San Diego State University January 11 –February 2011
• Responsible for developing the web site.
• Technologies: PHP, MySql, Java Script,FBML
Graduate Student Assistant at San Diego State University September 2009 – October 2010
• Developed Student Record system using MS Access-VBA Forms and Reports
• Technologies: Kurzweil 3000, MS Access
Junior Network Administrator Wifran Inc/ Wipro Ltd, India June 2008 – December 2008
• setting up of a network with IP configurations and TCP/IP protocols
• Managing servers with remote desktop for administration
• Administering Internet Information Services and deploying DNS in Windows 2003 networks
Summer Intern Data Centrica, Inc. January 2008 – May 2008
• Worked as a lead programmer in an IT and Network Solutions provider
• Implemented a chat client, and developed functionalities like search template, online user notification, load/download documents
• Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Zend Studio
Masters Thesis Project:Mobile PDF conversion application for android platform [Java, Eclipse] Spring 2012
• Develop an APK which convert word file format to PDF file format
• Insertion and Deletion In Range Tree Up to level 3 dimension Fall 2010
Human Computer Interface for Touch Screen Mobile Fall 2010
• Develop and Testing applications like Interactive layout, Zooming, Piling, Car finder, Camera, Profile changer for A touch screen mobile
• Database independent project which used I/O buffer for storing data
• This system implemented prioritization of the members, had an image gallery and provided an online menu
• It was ranked as the 5th best project
Online Shopping Cart [JSP, PL/SQL, NetBeans IDE, Apache Tomcat] Spring 2007
• Developed functionalities like item search, user login and authentication, item categorization
• Implemented SMTP Protocol for sending mail after order confirmation
Online Share Trading [JSP, MS Access, DreamWeaver, Apache Tomcat] Fall 2007
• This is an online trading application and was presented in a national level technical symposium - Convergence
• Implemented functionalities like stock ticker, message board, and stock prices
SEMINARS PRESENTED/ ATTENDED
Virtual Memory Fall 2006
• It is a technique that allows the execution of processes that are not completely resident in memory
• Presented RAM functions, concepts of thrashing, memory management, paging, swapping, components of VM and its advantages
User Management and Network Administration Spring 2006
• Attended an IEEE workshop which covered topics like workgroups and domains, creating modifying and deleting user accounts
• A 50 nodes network with Windows 2003 as server was demonstrated
LEADERSHIP/ PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
• Member of Computer Society of India, Infocrats and Technical Committee [U.V.P.C.E]
• Certificate of C, C++, VB, JAVA at C-DAC Institute [Center for Development of Advanced Computing]
• Attended a robot making workshop at a national level symposium – “Karyashala”
Network Architecture and Protocols Advanced Robotics Database Theory/Spatial DB
Modem Design Operating Systems Data Structure
Systems Engineering Internet Security Algorithms and their analysis
Object Oriented Programming – C ++ Human Computer Interface Advance Web