Kelley A. Decker
*** *. *********** **, ********** NY, 10940
CERTIFIED FLAVOR CHEMIST
SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Original development of flavor formulas for a variety of applications including but not limited to confectionary, liquid and dry beverages, dairy, savory, tobacco, and sweet.
• Successful in the creation of flavor duplications and cost reductions.
• Creation and performance of extraction and reaction flavors.
• Preparation and delivery of customer presentations.
• In-depth working knowledge of regulatory requirements and creating supporting documentation such as Product specifications sheets, Kosher certifications and Material Safety Data Sheets.
• Management of laboratory personnel and working knowledge of Quality Assurance testing and complaint resolutions.
• Organoleptic skills in odor and taste.
• Certified Member of the Society of Flavor Chemists
• Member of Women in Flavors and Fragrances
• OSHA Certified - General Industry
Senior Odor Evaluator
Symrise, Inc 2004-2016
• Evaluation of raw materials and finished goods for quality compliance.
• Determination of feasibility of contract and new vendor materials.
• Performance of various analytical testing.
• Resolution of customer complaints.
Technical Support Specialist
Chr. Hansen, Inc., 2003-2004
• Preparation of pertinent documents at the request of account managers.
• Administrator of the change management process.
• Investigation of compliance of ingredients for accurate product labeling.
• Accurate entry of formulas into database for production.
Manager of Research & Development
Flavormatic Industries, 2002-2003
• Supervision of flavor development, sampling and application laboratories.
• Compose and deliver flavor presentations to clients.
• Development of beverage premixes, sauces, powdered beverage bases, and a
variety of other application bases.
• Investigation and resolution of customer complaints.
Certified Flavor Chemist
Chr. Hansen, Inc., 1992-2001
• Performed all aspects of original flavor development including beverages, savory, confection, sweet, dairy, and seasonings.
• Developed reformulations for cost reductions and formula duplications.
• Provided technical guidance and support to customers at their location if required.
• Provided product selection based upon customer requirements.
• Management of the Sampling department and wrote annual progress reviews for laboratory personnel.
• Marist College, Poughkeepsie, NY, BS in Science, Business and Communications
References will be furnished upon request.