P.O. Box ***, Point Lookout, Missouri 65726
Cell: (417) ***-****
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a summer internship in special event planning
College of the Ozarks, Point Lookout, Missouri Graduation Date: May 2014
Majors: Special Events Management and Computer Information Science
Minors: Business and Spanish Cumulative GPA: 3.98
Special skills: Proficient in Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, and have basic knowledge of website design, Java, C++, and Sequel programming languages
Catering and Special Events Management (Fall 2011) – Mastered the event planning process; planned and designed the Dewey Short Visitor Center Grand Opening for over 200 guests
Advanced Event Management (Spring 2012) – Coordinated with a jazz band, famous Missouri impersonators, a photographer, and others to implement the Dewey Short Visitor Center Grand Opening
Resident Assistant, College of the Ozarks McDonald Dorm, Point Lookout, Missouri (May 2010–Present)
• Direct events such as scrapbook frenzy, karaoke night, and jewelry making for McDonald Dorm residents, using budgeting, publicizing, and catering skills
• Supervise McDonald Dorm by enforcing the college’s rules, answering phones, and posting announcements
• Mediate between dorm residents and offer peer counseling
Front Desk Assistant, The Welk Resort, Branson, Missouri (June 2011 – August 2011)
• Efficiently checked guests into and out of their rooms
• Guided new workers by demonstrating hotel policies and genuine care for guests
• Responsibly handled financial accounts and mastered the hotel’s computer software programs
Track Associate, Track 5, Branson, Missouri (June 2010 – August 2010)
• Dependably operated theme park rides by ensuring safety and enforcing rules
• Demonstrated customer service by directing individuals onto the rides and providing information on Branson's local attractions
EVENT PLANNING EXPERIENCE:
• Dewey Short Visitor Center Grand Opening VIP Dinner, Branson, Missouri (2012)
• Invoke Women’s Retreat, Branson, Missouri (2012)
• Wedding Ceremony and Reception, Ava, Missouri (2010)
• President’s List (2010 – 2011)
• Dean’s List (2009)
• First Degree Black Belt (2009)
• Who’s Who Among Students (2012)
ACTIVITIES and INTERESTS:
• Leadership Development Track (2010 – Present)
• Hotel Restaurant Management Club (2011 – Present)
• National Character and Leadership Symposium (2012)
• Dave Ramsey’s College Curriculum “Foundations in Personal Financing” (2012)
• College of the Ozarks Alumni Club (2012)
• Students in Free Enterprise (2012)
• Patriotic Travel Program for Character Education (2011)
• The Call Leadership Program (2010)
Sr Access Management
VA - access, troubleshooting, analyst, problems,...
Director of Events
Palmyra, VA - interior, members, relations, principal, public,...
Sr. BI Developer
VA - cognos, informatica, obiee, etl, report, framework,...
Staunton, VA - chef, executive chef, catering, kitchen, deli,...
State University Manager
VA - delphi, tire, brake, electric, battery, solar,...
Customer Service Manager
VA - defense, aviation, leadership, logistics,...
Charlottesville, VA - hair, supplies, cleaning, it, attendant,...