John R Schimpf Jr.
I am looking for a position that will challenge me both professionally and personally to take me to the next level in my career.
• Member of IFMA - - International Facilities Management Association.
• Member of AFE- Association of Facilities Engineers.
• Member of USGBC – United States Green Building Council.
• CFM- Certified Facilities Manager- International Facilities Management Association.
• CPE- Certified Plant Engineer – Association of Facilities Engineers.
• CPMM- Certified Plant Maintenance Manager - Association of Facilities Engineers.
• Member of American Legion
• Member of Veterans of Foreign Wars.
February, 2007 – Present
• Sr. Facilities Manager Greenspring- Erickson Living Springfield Va.
• As the Senior Facilities manager, I am responsible for the Maintenance, Engineering, Grounds, Custom Interiors and Refurbishment. Greenspring Village is a retirement community consisting of 1406 Independent living apartments, 284 skilled nursing and assisted living rooms on 105 acres with over 2000 residents. There are 18 buildings with more than 2.2 million square feet of usable space. Manage the above mentioned departments budgets, Capital expenditures/ projects, negotiate and oversee contracts with contractors and ensure compliance.
• Manage all Day to Day operations in these departments and Work with Executive team on budgeting for Capital Expenditures.
• Assisted corporate staff to commission new buildings at other campuses.
May 2005 – February 2007 Sedgebrook – Erickson Retirement Lincolnshire Il.
• Facilities Supervisor
• Facilities Supervisor responsible for opening up a new retirement community Maintenance and Engineering departments, setting up policies and procedures and ensure proper staff training. Commissioning of buildings and verifying building performance at turnover.
September 2002 – July 2004 Equity Residential Properties Palatine Il.
• Director of Maintenance
• Responsible for 43 acre, 102 building, 612 unit apartment
Complex. Duties to include ensuring proper turnover of apartments,
proper completion of work orders for tenants, follow up with tenants,
scheduling of contractors, supervising of staff, staff training, safety
training, in house cleaning of buildings, capital projects
implementation, budgeting, purchase orders, invoice processing.
Education / Military
• Graduated High School from Glenbrook South HS 1988
• Enlisted in United States Marine Corps 1989
Served for 8 years in the United States Marine Corps
• Served in operation Desert Shield/ Storm
• Received two meritorious promotions.
• Volunteered for Operation Sea signal in 1994
• Honorable discharge 1997.
Larry Ross, P.E., CCP, CPE
Sr. Director of Maintenance and Engineering
Erickson Retirement Communities
813 Maiden Choice Lane
Baltimore, MD 21228
Director of General Services- Greenspring.
7410 Spring Village Dr.
Springfield Va. 22150