Summerville S.C. 29485
Project Management and Engineering, 6 Sigma, Kaizen event support. Plant and facility layout. Engineering and Manufacturing Mentor. Contractor Management. Equipment Selection.
Tool Design Engineer offering 30+ years experience designing and building various tools, Fixtures, Prototypes and Machines; 6 years of experience in Tier 1 automotive manufacturing facilities that supplied suspension parts and fuel systems to Ford, Chrysler and Nissan. Experience includes blanking and progressive dies; electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems; sensor technology; CNC machining and integration of machine systems. Design experience includes 20 years utilizing AutoCAD, including AutoCAD 2008 and Solid Works. Additional computer skills include Microsoft Office, Virtual Gibbs, Integration Systems. Journeyman tool and die maker. Including Die sinking, Pattern making, Coil building. (Forge and Foundry)
Churchville-Chili Central High School, Churchville, NY, 1976
Tool and Die Apprenticeship, General Railway Signal Co., 1985
Blue Printing and Design, Rochester Institute of Technology, 1980-1982
Phase 3 Machine Training, Ness, Inc., 1978
Lean Manufacturing, Monroe Community College, 2002
Volunteer Firefighter N.Y.S. (Exempt Status). NFPA Safety Officer.
AWNC (Toyota Transmition MFG) Durham NC 2/11 – 3/12.
• Troubleshoot Manufacturing problems.
• Cost reductions.
• Extend tool life.
• Setup rebuild program for special tooling.
• Re-source and duel- source perishable tooling.
• Assist purchasing with technical advice.
ITT Control Technologies (Kelly Eng. Contracted) Ladson S.C. 4/09 – 2/11
Industrial Engineer (Plant Relocation)
• Plant Layout.
• Kaizen Events.
• Relocation of facility.
• Project Management.
• Project Engineering.
• Scheduling Project Move.
• Introduce new process improvements.
• Capitol Appropriations
Cummins Turbo Technologies Charleston S.C. 6/05 - 12/08
Tooling / Manufacturing Engineer (Contract to Permanent)
• Survey selected manufacturing issues for solutions.
• Specify or design special machines or tooling.
• Prepare detail part drawings.
• Project (Product) setup and launch APQP,PPAP FMEA,PFMEA.
• Setup Spare Part Matrix.
• Mentor Sr. and Jr. Engineers.
Wyoming Mechanical Engineering Warsaw, NY 1999 –2005 Engineer / Owner
• Provide technical support to various manufacturing companies such as Xerox and Kodak
• Design and build machines and fixtures on-site at customers’ facilities
• Project or product setup and launch; travel to vendor sites to test process prior to runoff
• CNC programming and Tool making
• Troubleshoot processes and machining problems
Adria Machine and Tool Scottsville, NY 1997 – 1999
• Secured new business and developed customer base
• CNC programming using customer provided electronic models (Virtual Gibbs CAM); manual programming of VMC and lathe
• General machining
• Prepared outgoing invoices
LeRoy Industries LeRoy, NY 1995 – 1997
Project Engineer (Technician) – Contract
• Tier 1 supplier of suspension parts to Ford, Nissan, Chrysler
• Project (Product) Setup and Launch. SOP, PPAP,FMEA,PFMEA
• Under contract to establish a volume expansion enhancement for manufacture of F-150 front steering knuckle; selected and implemented machines, fixturing and tooling
• Acquired CNC machines and other equipment; developed specialized tooling to perform multiple operations simultaneously; programmed 4-axis machining centers (NIIGATA)
• Responsible for capital appropriation for tooling and machines
• Performed project layout of machining lines; responsible for line integration utilizing existing process; specified machine-dampening foundations
• Visited vendors to assist with process issues and streamlined process before runoff
• Developed operator instructions and procedures
• Set up inspection stations and tool presetters
• Continued to work as Technician after line was running; assisted in troubleshooting and process issues
Unidex Company Warsaw, NY 1992 – 1995
• Designed and built ergonomic lifting and positioning equipment for various industries
• Research and development of new products and better-performing components
• As Special Projects Engineer, worked directly with customer to develop a more cost-effective schedule of manufacture for their unique application
• Assisted machinists as needed on machining of complex items
• Technical Interface between customer and sales
Owner Operator Hamlin, NY 1985 _ 1992
• Specialty design and build of various products, Jigs, Fixtures, Tools.
• Contract work with larger companies for manufacturing and project support.
• Self employed machine and design co.
General Railway Signal Company Rochester NY 1979 – 1985
Tool & Die Apprenticeship
• Punch Press Dies
• Forging Dies
• Assembly machines
• Formal Apprenticeship