THUY O. NGUYEN
Highly motivated, result-oriented, organized and responsible professional with more than 10 years of increasing experience in accounting, finance and administrative currently seeking a challenging in Accountant/General position where I can utilize my current skills and abilities, with the opportunity for professional growth.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent persuasion, written and oral communication skills
• Strong technical aptitude, problem solving, multitasking ability and ability to effectively prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Recognized agent for change with documented ability to lead reengineering activities that fulfilled strategic objectives
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office Project, Outlook, and online research tools
• More than 10 years of experience in QuickBooks, NetSuite, ADP’s pay eXpert(R), and ezLabor
Melita McDonal Insurance Services, Santa Clara, CA April – August 2012
Staff Accountant – Full Time
• The Melita Group is an HR professional services organization providing comprehensive HR and benefits consulting services to clients of all sizes.
• Administer all accounting function for semi-monthly payroll through ADP’s pay eXpert, ezLabor time management and reconciliation of payroll: tax deductions, employee benefit deductions.
• Using NetSuite to generated weekly and monthly client invoicing, process all AP & AR functions, post credit card transactions and ACH remittances, cash flow management, ensuring compliance with all federal and state regulations and requirements
• Monthly reconciliation of bank statement, prepare and review accounts for month-end-closing financial statement.
• Track and prepare employee commissions schedule
• Assist with HR related duties, such as benefits enrollment and staffing paperwork
PRx Incorporated, San Jose, CA May 1998 - February 2011
Accounting Consultant – Part Time
• Continue oversee all accounting functions from weekly financial update to month-end closing with bank reconciliations, sales calendar reconciliation and financial budgeting.
• Monitoring and complying with all GAAP policy, insurance, taxation and HR related.
PRx Incorporated, San Jose, CA
Accounting Manager – Full Time June 2003-June 2009
• Oversee all accounting and payroll functions for privately held company that focuses in strategic marketing communication serving the Silicon Valley
• Plan, manage, and provide leadership for accounting department including payroll, AR, AP, billing and collections, budgeting, financial reporting, financial analysis to generate month-end, year-end closing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, statement of cash flow, and prepare journal entries
• Streamlining accounting process to reduce paperwork and document requirements
• Oversee and manage day-to-day affairs of the company through project tracking and time sheet report to ensure efficient office operations, conduct on- and off-site meetings, troubleshooting computer difficulties
• Assist CEO’s and COO’s Office Calendar on MS Outlook and Gmail Calendar, schedule meetings and prep, assist on various ad hocprojects as requested
PRx, Incorporated, San Jose, CA May 1998-June 2003
General Clerk/ Project Specialist
• Under general supervision of CEO and COO, performed data entry to generate weekly and monthly report through Timeslips software by clients and employees
• Processed account receivable, account payable. Prepared invoice and reimbursable expense to clients.
• Researched, analyzed, took part in coordination, and completed different administrative and accounting projects thoroughly to meet departmental objectives
• Provided and managed ACT database for both clients and company
SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY, San Jose, CA
B.S. in Business Administration, Management Information System/Finance emphasis, May 2004