EXPERIENCED IT MANAGER
An innovative, self-directed IT Manager with a progressive record of exceeding client expectations. Have the ability to grasp the complete picture and translate complex business requirements into realistic solutions that can be delivered consistently. A natural leader and mentor with global delivery experience and the ability to motivate and build rapport and credibility within all levels of an organization. Valued by management, customers and peers by providing astute advice; able to find creative, timely solutions to difficult business needs. Experience with planning and delivering large-scale projects globally on time and within budget. Expert in virtualization options, business requirements development, strategy options and costs, disaster recovery, business continuity, implementation and testing, hardware and 3rd party software implementations.
• Technical Team Management • Virtualization Expert • Remote Desktop/Thin Client
• On/off-shore Team Mgt. • Cloud/SaaS solutions • Project Management
• Business Requirements • Data Center Migrations • Vendor Management
• Cost/Benefit Analysis • DR/BC Planning and Execution • Budget Planning
• Solutions Design and Delivery • Change Management • Technical Documentation
• Executive Level Presentations • Ability to Think Across Business Lines • MS Office, SharePoint, Visio
Recent Clients and Accomplishments
SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT (CONSULTANT, AXIOM) SEP 2011 – PRESENT
Provide technical leadership and accountability to define, maintain, communicate, implement & execute the enterprise architecture, solution engineering, standards & strategy for operational usage across the enterprise for technologies in scope. Propose new technologies; develop methodology and documentation to support business RTO/RPO objectives. Responsible for taking projects through complete lifecycle including design, costing, budget approval, build, UAT, QA, deployment and DC support. Designed and implemented highly resilient virtual environment allowing for production operations and DR testing.
SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT (CONSULTANT, ACXIOM) NOV 2009 TO SEP 2010
DUN & BRADSTREET
Provided open systems solution architecture for enterprise environments including x86, Linux and Unix servers as well as SAN and backup technologies including Oracle and SQL databases and related technologies.
• Provided strategy for server consolidation from NJ to AR data center. Proposed new hardware, physical-to-virtual, or pack and ship based on business requirements.
• During a major data center migration (1,000+ servers), collaborated with client management and championed a greater consolidation ratio for VMware, saving over $200,000 in HW costs.
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT MANAGER (CONSULTANT, ACS-INC) APR 2006 TO MAR 2009
NIKE, SYMETRA, ALLERGAN, MCDONALD’S, SIRVA
Managed 26 direct reports worldwide (India, Mexico, Malaysia, Europe) supporting multiple major clients. Responsible for the engineering, availability and maintenance of over 4000 servers, supported from 10 global data centers, and hundreds of remote sites. Implemented process level management practices such as reporting daily/weekly system status, establishing project deadlines, and tracking company defined metrics.
• Developed an internal Software as a Service (SaaS) offering for server virtualization and successfully deployed to clients while generating over $500,000/year in additional revenue. Developed methodology for presenting solutions to client executive management as well as personally presenting solutions to clients such as Jim Beam, Idex, Heinz and McDonald’s.
• Managed a focused team of 40 engineers dedicated to virtualization projects for all of ACS's clients to provide the expertise necessary to implement the best practices and cost savings related to virtualization.
• Personally designed a disaster recovery solution for Nike utilizing virtualization and existing Unix hardware saving over $1 million/year in hosting costs alone, while driving the recovery time from 72 hours to four.
• Consolidated VMware farms by upgrading unsupported versions and migrating to a single managed environment; saved over $100,000 in recurring licensing fees for software support and maintenance.
• Created strategy to migrate 1000 servers from Irvine, CA to NWDC using physical-to-virtual VMware tool, allowing for no loss in productivity and saving over $600,000 in costs.
• As part of the data center migration, implemented measures to allow for each server to have a development, test and production server, improving the existing plan by over 80%.
• Created strategy to migrate 200 servers from Canada to Eagan data center using physical-to-virtual VMware tool, allowing for no loss in productivity and saving over $400,000 in hardware costs.
• Brought new accountability to the team by enforcing change management procedures and requiring root cause analysis as per ISO 20000 standards resulting in much improved customer relations.
• Developed disaster recovery strategy using existing NetApp filers in two remote locations to replicate critical business data and virtual servers required for business continuity.
SYSTEMS ENGINEER FEB 2002 TO APR 2006
Team lead responsible for server builds, support and configuration for enterprise; server and network monitoring with HP Insight Manager, Microsoft MOM, and custom scripting.
• Developed remote desktop offering saving $200,000/year in desktop support costs.
MANAGER OF INFORMATION SYSTESM JAN 2001 – DEC 2001
Provided direction and technical mentoring to the operations team, initiated performance reviews, and defined IT policies and procedures.
• Created a low budget disaster recovery solution utilizing in-house developed scripts and off the shelf hardware.
• Developed and implemented a complete help desk system, established change management procedures and enabled complete system monitoring with 24/7 support.
• Conceived of “documentation Friday” where all staff members were required to publish relevant work steps to ensure all policies and procedures were properly documented.
SYSTEMS ENGINEER/TEAM LEAD FEB 1997 TO JUL 2000
Principle team lead in the planning and implementation of Windows 2000 upgrades and Citrix/Terminal Services strategies.
• Conceived of using Citrix to replace costly application updates as well as pushing the claims processing back to the individual agent saving over $10 million/year in costs as well as decreasing processing time from two weeks to 24 hours.
NETWORK ENGINEER MAY 1995 TO FEB 1997
Provided server/desktop hardware and software support.
• Selected out of over 600 peers to serve as a member of the review board at CompTIA to create the A+ hardware certification test.
SERGEANT/PATRIOT MISSILE CREWMAN MAR 1987 TO APR 1995
Supervised personnel with the coordination and execution of mission critical systems. Performed personnel evaluations, mission direction; trained and mentored individuals in their professional subject area.
• Promoted well ahead of peers for being recognized as an effective leader; have the ability to make swift, sound choices during very stressful situations.
• Highly decorated leader in high-conflict situations in Saudi Arabia, Korea and Germany. Served 3 combat tours.
University of Phoenix, Warrenville, IL
Bachelor of Science, Information Technology
• A+ PC/Mac • MCSE • Citrix Metaframe
• Compaq ASE • HP • Dell
• IBM • Toshiba • 3Com