GRACE EWEGBEJE, LL.B, B.L, LL.M TAX
**** **** **** **, *********, Texas 76002
Cell 682-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org
Grace is a problem solver, dedicated attorney and team player; with an eye for result. Easily adapts to new environment with experience spanning private practice, services and litigation support. Adept at establishing necessary rapport across diverse groups that reduces friction and facilitates unity at resolving complex issues.
• Legal research and writing
• Personal, Corporate & Partnership Tax
• International Transactions
• Document Review
• Tax and Employment Law
• Employee benefits and compensation
• Estate, Trusts tax planning & drafting
• Legal Office management
Document Management Platforms & Tools: Kiersted, Relativity. EED Discovery Partner, Kroll Ontrack Inview, MS Word & Excel
The Law Office of Paschal Uwakwe (Attorneys & Counselors at Law) Dallas, Texas August 2007 – Present
Act on behalf of clients in the matter of immigration filing and defense. Prepare and file immigration papers pertaining to:
• Citizenship/naturalization; permanent residency; relative invitation; student/work permit and Defend such matters before the Immigration Court.
• Research immigration and visa processes for foreign national employees
• Personal Injury matters.
o Determine the legitimacy and computation of Insurance Claims.
o Contact the parties insurance and negotiating with the adjusters.
• Prepare Depositions and interrogatories for litigation.
• Tax research and consultations
o Estate and Trust Consultation and Drafting
o International Transactions specific to Nigeria and South Africa
• Conduct general and specific document review to ensure compliance with relevant Acts.
• Drafting and reviewing of commercial contracts; Review integrity and validity of contracts and agreements.
Hudson Legal, Dallas, Texas December 2009 – Present
Contract Attorney; Document Review,
• Performed electronic and hard copy review of legal and factual documents related to litigation
• Analyzed documents for relevancy and responsiveness.
• Drafted a brief summary of information contained in each document.
• Experience with both first level and second level reviews including privilege log and redaction of complex excel spreadsheets.
Vangelo Freight Limited, Durban, South Africa January 2002–October 2004
In-house Legal Counsel,
Responsible for management of legal matters and representing company interests as required.
• Prepared and maintained confidential and proprietary information for the business.
• Performed legal and compliance research for new markets, documents and communicated results of research and analysis for decision making.
• Researched cross border transport regulations / tariffs and international freight laws as well as compliance with transportation safety standards pertaining to commercial freight shipments.
• Prepared initial drafts of contracts and general corporate documentation; Reviewed integrity and validity of contracts and agreements.
GRACE EWEGBEJE, LLM 682-***-**** 2
• Coordinated litigation matters and assisted in claims and disputes processing.
• Liaison, interacting with outside counsel and all levels of management; and provided support to both Legal and Contracts Departments.
A. O Abiose & Co, Ibadan, Nigeria November 1994–December 2001
General Legal Counsel,
• Represented the Law firm and handled cases in the high courts of the land with record success.
• Civil and Criminal Trials and proceedings.
• Matrimonial causes and matters.
• Corporate matters and incorporations.
• Legal drafting: Contracts, Conveyances, Deeds, Land Search, Wills and probate matters.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
University of Alabama, LL.M, Tax, August 2010
Nigerian Law School, B.L., December, 1993
Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria, LL.B, September 1992
Admitted to the New York Bar;
Federal District Court for the Northern District of Texas;
South Africa Attorneys Board Examination;