MENTAL HEALTH/TEACHING SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
* Strong Research and Technical Skills in creating a mental health curriculum to teach/train direct service providers, refugees and various populations regarding mental health diagnoses.
* Strong Treatment Foster Care, Crisis, Christian, Counseling and Case Management skills.
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP) therapy, Cross-cultural Counseling, Relational and Listening skills.
* Facilitated Psycho-educational Group teaching/training, Christian and Corporate Mental Health teaching/training.
* I also utilize all Executive Assistant/Office Management and CME Coordination skills in my current work.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/OFFICE MANAGEMENT/CME COORDINATION
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
* Ten plus years of increasing responsibility in Executive Assistance and Medical Administration by using Problem Solving, Leadership, Multi-tasking, Travel Coordination and Financial Reconciliation, Financial Negotiation, Fundraising, Grant Writing, Event and Project Coordination skills.
* Coordinating multiple projects and events and meeting deadlines.
* Maintaining confidential information; ability to assume administrative tasks and work done independently, with little to no supervision required.
* Ability to manage scheduling software, such as Outlook.
* Ability to do billing/collecting and insurance verification and “going to the mat” to gain insurance coverage for difficult situations (Voice Ctr.).
* Advanced Customer Service Techniques, Public Relations, Effective and Proactive Communication, Team Focus and Networking Skills.
* Advanced Administrative, Leadership, Multi-tasking, Financial Negotiation, Grant Writing, and Event Coordination skills in an independent fashion.
* Advanced Computer program capabilities in MS Office 2000 + package (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) and various other computer programs. Helped create mental health professional website.
* Detail-oriented, with swift, self-taught computer learning abilities.
MENTAL HEALTH/TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Licensed Professional Counselor Intern January/2010 - Present
Heartbound Mental Health Kyle, TX
• Individual and group therapy for adults, teenagers and children.
• Treatment plans, diagnostics using the DSM-IV-TR diagnostic manual are created.
• Teaching/training/equipping church lay leaders to provide these services within a church environment.
• Teaching Mental Health classes at Kyle Community Library, and at individual businesses.
Licensed Mental Health Counselor October/2008 – November/2009
The Guidance Center of Lea County Lovington, NM
• Individual, and/or group therapy were provided to adults, teenagers and children.
• Christian, Experiential, and truth-based modalities used.
• Crisis calls to Emergency Room at local hospital, to work with suicidal and homicidal patients.
• Treatment plans, diagnostics using the DSM-IV-TR diagnostic manual, daily progress notes created for each client.
• Additional service provision: taught parenting, substance abuse, mental health classes, and more.
Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor Intern August/2007 – September/2007
Kyle Correctional Center Kyle, TX
• Twelve-step substance abuse counseling was provided in a therapeutic community environment
• Large (65+) and small (15) group trainings for substance abuse issues, and meet with individuals as needed
• Treatment plans, diagnostics and daily progress notes on each client
Mental Health Rehabilitation Therapist (QMHP) January/2006 – November/2007
Hill Country MHMR Center San Marcos, TX
• Mental health rehabilitation therapy services were provided to thirteen (13) dually diagnosed adults (MR plus either major depression, bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia or other mental health disorder).
• Daily progress notes, TRAG update or intakes on each consumer, and MAC (Medicaid Administrative Claiming) times, both done on a quarterly basis completed.
• Courses taught: Communication, Anger Management, Stress, Self Esteem, Conflict Resolution, Morals and Values, Pro-social, Social Skills, Death and Dying, Relationships and Problem Solving.
• Each client was developed a personalized curriculum and taught how to control negative behaviors.
• Clients were taught and demonstrated symptom management skills and techniques to deal with the following diagnoses: Major Depression, Bi-polar Disorder, Autism, Tourettes Syndrome, Anxiety Disorder, Schizophrenia, Impulse Control Disorder, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
Refugee Resettlement Task Force Leader January/2003- September/2005
World Relief Resettlement Agency Nashville, TN
• English speaking skills taught to new refugees.
• Case Management services provided to assist families with resettlement issues (housing, education, employment, medical and service provider agencies).
• Mental Health & Crisis Counseling provided for issues with adjustment to the US.
• Populations served: Somali Bantu, Somali, Sudanese, Iranian, and Iraqi.
• Volunteer services provided to support the Match Grant and Medical Assistance program.
• Utilize event coordination skills: organized tours for refugees new to the Nashville area to familiarize them with various community services.
Cross-Cultural Counseling Provider August/2003 – August/2003
Morretes/Curitiba Brazil mission trip
• Short-term mission trip: mental health and substance abuse counseling services provided on short-term volunteer basis; then care transferred to a local provider or a Pastoral Counselor was completed for ongoing services.
• Experience acquired and achieved during graduate school course: Multicultural mental health provision.
Inner City Counselor January/2000 – September/2005
Belmont Church Nashville, TN
• Mental health, substance abuse and relationship counseling services provided to both inner city and homeless individuals on a volunteer basis.
• Men, Women and Children who were a part of Isaiah 58’s halfway house programs were provided mental health, substance abuse and relationship counseling services to help them come off the streets and become healthy, productive and responsible citizens.
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/OFFICE MANAGER/CME COORDINATOR EXPERIENCE
Vanderbilt Medical Center January 1995 - April 2002
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine 2000 – 2002
Continuing Medical Education Coordinator Nashville, TN
• Full coordination of multiple continuing medical education (CME) conferences was provided, including seven (7) weekly courses, and fundraising events (“Heartwalk” – which raised $450,000 from over 7,000 walkers) and raised/managed grant sponsorships totaling over $2.5 million in revenue to support all CME functions.
• Coordinate both local (Vanderbilt), regional (Nashville, TN) and national (New Orleans, LA) CME conferences for Division: provide necessary continuing medical education for cardiology attending, fellows, residents and nursing staff.
• Courses advertised via divisional website, wall signs created, and supplied medical professionals with necessary mailbox flyers as reminders.
Vanderbilt Voice Center – Vanderbilt Dept. of Otolaryngology 1997 – 2000
Office Manager/Executive Assistant/CME Coordinator Nashville, TN
• Provided management for busy specialty clinic, arranged and reconciled travel to conferences for professionals, administratively supported seven Speech Pathology professionals, reconciled over $4 million budget, purchased both small and large supplies and equipment.
• Supervised front desk clerks and file room clerk.
• Coordinated carpet removal and renovation to the clinic and business offices.
• Billing/collecting and insurance verification to gain insurance coverage for difficult situations.
• Provide full continuing medical education (CME) course coordination for Senior Speech Pathologist, wrote grants for funding, (this program taught and trained other medical professionals in cutting-edge techniques in speech pathology).
Vanderbilt Dept. of Otolaryngology 1995 –1997
Executive Assistant/CME Coordinator Nashville, TN
• Executive and administrative support provided to the Departmental Vice Chairman and one (1) ENT attending.
• Coordinated doctor’s continuing medical education (CME) sinus surgery conference.
• Promoted inter-departmentally to the Voice Center: due to performance excellence and training others in reconciling travel reimbursements for our physicians, faculty and staff; proven performance excellence in managing and reconciling an over $4 million dollar budget, and providing administrative support to multiple providers.
Bachelor of Applied Arts Degree in Design/Advertising - Central Michigan University – Mt. Pleasant, Michigan
Master of Arts Degree in Counseling – Trevecca Nazarene University – Nashville, Tennessee
Doctoral Student Candidate in Public Service Leadership in Social & Community Service with specialization in Non-Profit Management – Capella University – Minneapolis, Minnesota
Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors – Licensed Professional Counselor Intern (I) – License #:63910 – Effective Date: March 15, 2008 – March 14, 2014.
Letters of Recommendation, and References available at time of interview